• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

DBT85

It's karma. Hopefully he will learn to not open his mouth next time.

NeoGAF league is up.

I've joined but never played before.

Bianchi, Kobayashi, Marussia, Mercedes (Williams)

I'm Hyper 8 WS7-3, my chassis and engine combo when I had a nitro RC kit.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Still quite sad to see how many people are thinking that Williams is showboating again

And RBR cornering speed is apparently still there, so this could be VERY interesting if/when they sort out their PU issues

Zeknurn

I believe you need to have a complete team to be able to score points.

I think this might be of interest to some:
Drew of Giantbomb and Danny of Gamespot's F1 podcast called Alt+F1 is happening. The first episode will be recorded on the 10th of March and will be available to listen for free on their website.
http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/drewbert/blog/introducing-alt-f1/105116/

Danny trying to explain the new regulations to Drew is no doubt going to be great.

Pimpwerx

RedShift Racing here. I like this league more than the Castrol one because this is more than guesswork. I think this season should be a fun one. PEACE.

Chris R

I believe you need to have a complete team to be able to score points.

I think this might be of interest to some:
Drew of Giantbomb and Danny of Gamespot's F1 podcast called Alt+F1 is happening. The first episode will be recorded on the 10th of March and will be available to listen for free on their website.
http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/drewbert/blog/introducing-alt-f1/105116/

Danny trying to explain the new regulations to Drew is no doubt going to be great.
Awesome! I loved the video of Drew racing, and it's nice to see someone from GB interested in the stuff, just wish the games were of a better quality :(

Shaneus

Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Pinocchio nose about F1 aerodynamics.

Damnit, that F1 predictor whatever site is blocked at work. Looks like I'll have to get creative! I'll assume prices etc. won't change before the first race?

Joined the league but am not able to change my team. The Add to Basket button is not functioning. Is it because I am using Firefox or the site is still not finished?

Kassu

Banned
Joined also: Lach F1

Biancci, Bottas, Caterham, Marussia (I didn't realise I could get Willams :()
Sorry, my mistake, I checked and apparently I had Marussia too.. :D

Really wanted Williams though, could be great if they actually are as good as it seems.

mclem

New 5 second penalty for minor offences. Can either be taken at a normal pitstop (cannot touch the car for 5 seconds) or have the 5 seconds added to your time after the race has finished.

I'm curious quite how this is going to be adjudicated, and indeed if many teams have done practice on the 'wait for it, wait for it... NOW!' approach.

Ark

I realised yesterday that if Williams are as good as they appear in testing, we might see Massa win a race for the first time since 2008.

Joined the league but am not able to change my team. The Add to Basket button is not functioning. Is it because I am using Firefox or the site is still not finished?

OK that was my bad. I was too dumb to use the site I guess.

Can you change your team how many times you want before the start of the season without the transaction cost being applied? Because if its applicable now, I will choose my team after the Australia practice session.

Lach

OK that was my bad. I was too dumb to use the site I guess.

Can you change your team how many times you want before the start of the season without the transaction cost being applied? Because if its applicable now, I will choose my team after the Australia practice session.

It says it's taking away 10% on sell, but it seem's its not calculated
22,000,000 - 10% = 22,000,000

DBT85

I'm curious quite how this is going to be adjudicated, and indeed if many teams have done practice on the 'wait for it, wait for it... NOW!' approach.

The amount of cameras around will mean the FIA will be able to check things back easily, and I imagine if you are served with said penalty a man from the FIA will be in th e area.

At a guess, teams will use a beep system in the mechanics ears or something to signal that they can start, just like some drivers have a beep in their ear to change gears.

I'm just pleased there is finally a shorter penalty for smaller incidents.

Zeknurn

Yeah it isn't exactly obvious, you need to scroll to the driver/part you want, select it by clicking on it and then hit add to basket.

I only have one driver but i didnt get that warning

Interesting. I don't think it's intended but if it works it's pretty clever.

Is the mobile version of the site just incomplete, or is there really no proper breakdown of the game's rules and scoring? All I can find is a pseudo FAQ forum that I can't really be arsed to sift through.

http://www.f1manager.info/faqdetail/19

Has the breakdown on points.

It's a bit barebones but hopefully they'll get the rules section up before the start of the season.

Looks like we're going to Azerbaijan
Azerbaijan is set to host a Formula One grand prix in the 2015 or 2016 season after signing a deal with Bernie Ecclestone.

"We're going to Azerbaijan," the sport's ringmaster told the Daily Mail. "The people out there are talking about holding a race in 2015. That may be a bit soon – unless it's at the end of the season; that's a possibility. But 2016 is more likely."

The newspaper said the deal to host the race in Baku, capital of the oil-rich, former Soviet nation, had been facilitated by Ecclestone's friend, Flavio Briatore, the former team principal at Renault.
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...tone-deal-f1-grand-prix-azerbaijan?CMP=twt_gu

Foshy

Joined F1 Manager as Prupose Racing. Did pretty well in GP Predictor last year (#11 if I recall correctly), let's hope this works out :)

It's karma. Hopefully he will learn to not open his mouth next time.

I find it fascinating that Maldonado is so hated while Di Resta, who repeatedly tossed his team under the bus throughout the season, seems to get a free pass. Though I guess he did get payback in the end, what with being unemployed and all...

Joined... Proboscis Racing.

Hopefully it wont need too much effort over the year.

I assume I'm ok having only one driver?

Edit - Hmm... maybe not: "You have an incomplete team, you will not score any points.". Ugh, and making changes costs money. Super, guess I'm deleting my account.

NHale

I'm expecting this gif to be very popular during the season...

fTQTEYN.gif

Ha, fucksake. Created a new account after deleting my old one and now my new account wont login. Says the email address doesn't exist, even though it sent me a "forgotten password" email.

Top Bottom