• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The Last Night" (Milkshake Duck incarnate) E3 Trailer [XBO/Win10/Steam 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mush

This is like the only interesting thing I saw from the MS presser and to see this is fucking destroying me.

Wereroku

One so extreme. That I can't take it seriously. Yes.

And I don't think so. The Death of the Author is a thing that exists. Someone a few posts above me mentioned Enders Game. I like that book. And the author seems to be a complete madmen. Someone who would moste likely hate me. But doesn't stop me from liking the book. Sure it's not about homophobia. But we also don't know if The Last Night really ends up being about anti-feminism.

Sorry I was so extreme I just wanted to keep it in the same tone as the team behind the game. There is no separating the artists view if they are infusing the messages we are seeing from the web. This game seems to literally be about feminism and political correctness taking over society and leading to a dystopian future that will be saved by a man who is apparently bisexual.

DukeBobby

So, Deus Ex is dead, and this game could potentially be ruined by its insanely stupid story.

Please save cyberpunk, CDPR

Edit: I guess we've still got Shadowrun.

Wow if this art style and these production values were applied to literally anything else that wasn't built on such a fundementally abhorrently shitty premise this would be really exciting!

I'll admit to being well and truly Milkshake Duck-ed as soon as I read the synopsis in the OP, christ.

TheJoRu

KmpDjSb.png

BtF9kJHCYAAM8ru.jpg

Can't wait for the OT to go up and not be able to talk about the game at all...

Game looks INCREDIBLE. I understand that some may disagree with his politics. I get it, but damn does this look phenomenal. Probably the best looking game ever.

Foffy

Banned
Sounds like this dude who has absorbed all of the spooks that come from Futurology and GamerGate.

What an..interesting combo. Never thought I'd see the day.

With this blowing up a wee bit, stories will get written, publisher will get contacted.
The first thing to establish would probably be whether the direction of the game has changed since he wrote those tweets. Because I don't think Raw Fury was publishing back in 2014.

If the direction remains the same, then that would confirm whether Raw Fury is ok with it.
They'd probably stand by the game and developer because of that, and because the game will probably do alright (following Microsoft blurting it out there.) Unless they reckon that doing so could hurt future relations.

That'll be interesting.
Also what Microsoft's thinking.

Joeku

Man, Demolition Man was a fun, knowingly dumb take on a soft, politically correct dystopia made at the time when the roided-up action movies of the 80's had gone away. There absolutely would be a place for a satirical cyberpunk take on a too-connected populace afraid of itself, wherein differing opinions are kept in check by the paranoia of the public at large Internet mob justice-ing you if a stray thought might be too dark. Like someone else said, Black Mirror can make it work.

This is not either of those things. This is really, really shitty personal politics being a driving force behind a game. Like, it's not a random Sea of Thieves dev who donates to shitty causes or something like that. It's the backbone of this whole thing.

Like, goddamn.

Good on the writer ghosting too lmao

Xenoblade

Can someone please tell what gamergate is so I can decide whether to like this game or not?

I mean c'mon guys what the fuck? Does it really matter if the creator is a gamergater or not? If the game is good, buy it. Jesus.

One so extreme. That I can't take it seriously. Yes.

And I don't think so. The Death of the Author is a thing that exists. Someone a few posts above me mentioned Enders Game. I like that book. And the author seems to be a complete madmen. Someone who would moste likely hate me. But doesn't stop me from liking the book. Sure it's not about homophobia. But we also don't know if The Last Night really ends up being about anti-feminism.

My dude, that was me! My entire point was that Ender's Game didn't focus on the homophobia of the writer so I still ended up liking the book. We know The Last Night ends up being about anti-feminism because the creator of the game told us so.

So, Deus Ex is dead, and this game could potentially be ruined by its insanely stupid story.

Please save cyberpunk, CDPR

Edit: I guess we've still got Shadowrun.

CDPR is working closely with the creator of the original game if I recall correctly. And are taking extra steps to hire people for proper research on the urban city setting.

I hope they don't put politics in there.

Wait what did I miss? Why is Deus Ex dead?

I think it sold pretty terribly. And you know, Squeenix and all.

ItIsOkBro

where's that comic about liking something and then a few days later its revealed they're a huge asshole or something along those lines

it feels relevant

Axial

Looks awesome so far, gettin' a strong Blade Runner vibe from it and even the dev sounds as much of a weirdo and looney as Philip K. Dick did. Might actually preorder this one.

Humans first knew the era of survival. Then they knew the era of work. Now they live in the era of leisure. Machines have surpassed human labour not only in strength, but in precision, intellect, and creativity. Stabilised by universal income, people struggle to find their calling or identity, and define themselves by what they consume, rather than what they create.

Wait a minute. So because everyone is being taken care of, we're living in a dystopian future?

Chumley

Banned
Can someone please tell what gamergate is so I can decide whether to like this game or not?

I mean c'mon guys what the fuck? Does it really matter if the creator is a gamergater or not? If the game is good, buy it. Jesus.

If you don't know what GG is why would you write the second paragraph?

pargonta

CDPR is working closely with the creator of the original game if I recall correctly. And are taking extra steps to hire people for proper research on the urban city setting.

terrible attitude imo. obviously the city is going to have social and political strife just like novigrad did with different races/magic

WonderzL

Banned

It is a hate group. It matters. It really fucking matters.

Venture

Well, now I have something to post in that "most disappointing games" thread. It'll make for some very pretty GIFs at least. No way I'm giving these guys any money.

You hope they don't put politics in Cyberpunk 2077? In a fucking cyberpunk game? Cyberpunk as a genre is built on analysis and satire of political and social issues. Besides, isn't the Cyberpunk RPG it's based on one of the most explicitly political tabletop games there is?

JoeBoy101

Game intrigues me from its look. I understand his views, but similar to movies made by shits in Hollywood, I can remove myself from it IF the game is good. If the story is compromised because he based it around all his views, then... no sale.

I love how once per page we got some poor excited sod posting without looking through the thread lol.

"Wow! This looks great!"

Yea... about that.

That would probably have been me had my original post come after this became known since I originally posted during the conference how good this looked (and was already interested thanks to that older indie thread about the game).

But yeah...damn, had no idea...

It does look good.

As to whether it will be good, that's sort of the conversation here.

We can give credit where credit due while taking umbrage with disagreeable viewpoints.

They were referencing how people are dropping into the thread with a comment without reading anything, not realizing the deeper more disturbing aspects of the game.

Order

Man, miss me with this bullshit.

I'm not about to support some hateful shit just cause a toy look pretty.

Dyle

What a waste of fantastic visuals, and given how central to the game's plot this garbage seems to be, the red-pill propaganda will probably be unavoidable.

Wild that Microsoft didn't realize what this game was about... they must not have done any research into it at all

If it's a narrative driven game about the social commentary on how feminism is evil and gamergate was good then it can't be good?

Gamer gate is a harassment campaign kicked off by the spurned exboyfriend of an indie dev who still gets harassed to this day

People have lost jobs and committed suicide

I lost 2 industry friends to it

But please, enjoy your pretty game that will surely not be terribly written

Loudninja

Yes its matters ,I refused to ever support people with crappy beliefs like these I have zero tolerance for it.

Women already are treated like crap dont need a game making light of these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom