• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is definitely my most anticipated SW for 2012. Dat design. And 741 pieces is such a sweet spot.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/grogall/LegoSW2012/9500/c_9500_detail_1.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

Yup definitely buying that one. But I'm even more excited for the [B][URL="http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/9497_Republic_Striker_Starfighter"]Republic Striker[/URL][/B].
[IMG]http://smashing-bricks.com/files/2012/04/9497-4.jpg
9497b-470x352.jpg

The Darth Malgus set looks so good but it's overpriced for something that's only like 700 pieces or so. I'll get it when there's a sale.

Aside from a few models this year has been pretty weak when it comes to Lego Star Wars, imo. Not a whole lot of sets I'm interested in. The Cloud Car looks nice though, I'll get that.

The Darth Malgus set looks so good but it's overpriced for something that's only like 700 pieces or so. I'll get it when there's a sale.

Aside from a few models this year has been pretty weak when it comes to Lego Star Wars, imo. Not a whole lot of sets I'm interested in. The Cloud Car looks nice though, I'll get that.

UCS B-Wing will redeem all.

Malgus is $80, right? Which means TRU will roll it up to $100... bastards.

$80 for a 700 or so piece set is not bad. Still above the magic $.10 a brick price point, but not as asinine as some other sets like the Dino series.

I saw it at Ross on discount and passed it up cuz I didn't think it looked that good. But I'm realizing that I should buy sets on discount just for the cheap pieces. What's the regular price?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That Western modular set is going to get made, no question about it. It looks absolutely amazing, but I really have to consider space issues with Modulars. So far I only have one (Fire Brigade) which I didn't even build yet because I'm not sure where to put it when it's done.

I think we'll only get one set, not a full theme, although perhaps it might encourage Lego to make a few small western sets. I'm curious whether they'll go for a full modular sized building or a more city style open backed playset with less parts. This is simple regarding licensing and appropriateness, but I think it'll challenge what Lego considers an acceptable piece count for a short run set.

On the positive side, even if they only do one set, you could buy two or three and convert the others into different buildings. Perhaps the guy who designed them could put up alternate builds using the main set pieces as much as possible.

Modulars really aren't that big - you can experiment with a 32x32 baseplate. A simple shelf would hold a little street of them.

wetwired

typically I can't actually find the source, some guy owned up to faking it, detailing how he painted the boxer etc blue.

But rest assured I read it on the internet so it was undoubtedly true.

As for the western modular, unless it would sit well with the current modular line without looking out of place I think I'll pass...unless of course it looks kickarse, the submission as it stands isn't doing anything for me, the buildings look flimsy to me and with the open backs they're not true modulars. They're going to have to go with a single building, a saloon would be the most interesting and iconic in my opinion.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
One thing I've thought the modulars could have done, would be to have hinged/removable rear walls, to give access to the insides. They'd be more playable that way. The rears are generally fairly light on detail anyway

Fritz

Here's my first MOC (since the AT-AT I did probably twenty years ago).

legouuujy.jpg

It was really just a matter of trying things out. I think I'll work on it and develop it into a cradle for my iPhone.

It was fun to build but not as relaxing as I thought.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Mix them...

MIX THEM!

Don't listen to the bad man. There are only 3 floors, you can mix same numbered bags, but mixing all of them is just asking for trouble.

Just finished cafe corner. I enjoyed the ground floor, found the first floor a bit dull (and annoying due to the dark colours and crappy PDF quality), and really enjoyed the top floor/roof.

Highlights we're definitely the HOTEL sign and the roofline texture along with the roof windows.

Lowlights are absolutely no interior except some stairs, the crappy PDF making it really difficult to work out colours and what size of brick goes where (if you can afford it, get the printed instructions), and the lack of any rear detail. Doesnt even have a rear door. There is an entire small room with nice blue arches that is basically walled in.

I'll try and take a picture of the street now it has two end buildings. I want to add some vehicles on the road, and maybe a park/pedestrian area, and maybe a tram line, but it's a start

Daeda

Just got myself the Volkswagen T2, my first lego set in over 10 years. so yeah, thanks Lego-Gaf, for awakening my long lost passion.

Norfair

Nice! I'm hoping to get one in a couple of weeks at the KC store.

Did they have enough for everyone?

This was the first store to open in Wisconsin.

There was a crazy huge amount of people there to get them. I got there when the store opened at ten o'clock thinking I would beat the crowd to get them and it ended up I was the 208th "family" in line. (They were only letting one family have a set) The workers stated that they only had 300 of the sets for the store opening. The line to get into the store stretched literally half way across the mall.

In retrospect it was probably a mistake to take my daughter along with her being so young. I did get her some more duplo blocks with a panda to make it up to her though. She seemed excited.

There was a crazy huge amount of people there to get them. I got there when the store opened at ten o'clock thinking I would beat the crowd to get them and it ended up I was the 208th "family" in line. (They were only letting one family have a set) The workers stated that they only had 300 of the sets for the store opening. The line to get into the store stretched literally half way across the mall.

In retrospect it was probably a mistake to take my daughter along with her being so young. I did get her some more duplo blocks with a panda to make it up to her though. She seemed excited.

wow, the secondary market on ebay for these is nucking futs

Fox Mulder

Due to work and stuff, I finally finished my bricklinked UCS Millennium Falcon. I totally don't have the room for this, but it enjoyed the hell out of it.

I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I'll take some pictures for the memories and take it apart. If someone from GAF is interested in it, pm me.

Due to work and stuff, I finally finished my bricklinked UCS Millennium Falcon. I totally don't have the room for this, but it enjoyed the hell out of it.

I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I'll take some pictures for the memories and take it apart. If someone from GAF is interested in it, pm me.

Can't wait for some pics of the finished project. As far as display options, this may be extreme, but I've looked at glass top coffe tables with an interior stoarge section. I think Ikea makes some, but that's my idea for showcasing my Arkham Asylum MOC. Really geeky but a viable option.

ruxtpin

Banned

There's a store opening up in Alpharetta, Georgia later this year; I hope to snag one of those when it does.

Anyhow - I picked up some of new minifigs. I got 2 of the space-marine guy, 3 of the dark knight, couple of the bridge, couple of nerd guy, rabbit, couple of the viking lady, the hippie, indian spear guy, and two of the daredevils.

I also picked up my first "Creator" set. The log cabin. I thought at 30 bucks, the number of pieces you got was a pretty good number and I like the different housing builds.

Ugh, all the prequel/clone wars designs are such shit. They look like the MOCs of pre-school kids. It's not LEGO's fault, the actual ship designs are shit.

Is it sad that I wait up until midnight on Saturday nights just to see if Toys R Us does a BOGO sale? After getting burned that one week and the sets I wanted selling out, I wait up on Saturday night just in case.

Fantomex

Is it sad that I wait up until midnight on Saturday nights just to see if Toys R Us does a BOGO sale? After getting burned that one week and the sets I wanted selling out, I wait up on Saturday night just in case.

Early bird gets the worm bro, nothing wrong with being prepared :)

I've been lurking this thread for a long time now and am not quite into Lego as a lot of you are, although I do collect minifigures from the various series' that get released and sometimes by sets, but I was wondering if someone could help me. Are there directions on how to build the below Lego model from the game Sword & Sworcery, and if there are is there a way I can buy just the pieces I need for it?

hd_small.png

Bumping this in hopes of someone being able to point me in the right direction.

enewtabie

I had to buy something to store my sets on and this is what I came up with for now. I think all of the LOTR sets will go on the bottom.

001-24.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ugh, all the prequel/clone wars designs are such shit. They look like the MOCs of pre-school kids. It's not LEGO's fault, the actual ship designs are shit.

You're just showing how old and out of touch you are ( I think they are rubbish too)

I need to think about display space. I need to break down almost everything to make space for Tower Bridge, but I want to keep some intact (imperial shuttle, VW camper, maybe x-wing/TIE fighter). Not really got much space though - need to look at shelves

Just got back from Westfield Stratford (Piranha 3DD is actually a good film!) and popped into the Lego store.

Far too many kids so skipped the Pick a Brick but did pick up the last Space Marine of about 50 bags I checked and then found they had Power Functions in so grabbed a couple of lights (£5.49 each) and 2 XL motors which were priced at £5.99 for some reason.

I finished my Town Hall today, quite an epic build, a bit boring but I think the resulting design may actually be my favourite of the modulars so far...maybe.

I figured I'd add to the usual Town Hall crowd photo pool

Superman Vs Hulk by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Town Hall by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Ghostbusters by Brent Waller, on Flickr

I've got a new hair piece for venkman, improvement over the old one?
Did I start a trend with Town Hall as well? Can't wait to have Uruk Hai invading it soon.

As for Venkman, I don't like the new hair as much. Too slick. Unless you coat him in slime.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Is that a custom Master Chief LEGO, or something from that LEGO knockoff line?

If the latter, he needs to be hanged, a LEGO gallows is in order.

Nitemare1

I don't know what came over me today but I picked up the T-6 . I may put it together tonight. I'll take some pics if i do. It's about the only clone wars ship I actually like the look of so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom