• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2 Thread

07051010933.jpg

skip button and number more clear? perhaps

Nintendo-Inside said:
前作が非常に好評だった『燃えろ!熱血リズム魂 押忍!闘え!応援団2!』の体験版のダウンロードサービスが本日10日からゲームショップ店頭にある「DSステーション」にて開始されました。早速ダウンロードしてきて試してみましたので簡単にレポートしたいと思います。

『押忍!闘え!応援団』はタッチペンを使ったリズムアクションで、困っている人を応援して元気づけてあげます。基本的には画面に表示されるマーカーをタッチしてプレイします。体験版にはタッチする「ヒットマーカー」とスライドする「フレーズマーカー」の2種類が登場します。最後まで演奏して勇気づけることができればクリアです。

ストーリーはバリカン一筋でつぶれそうな床屋・守山刈三(37)のところにカリスマ美容師・イーグル品川がやってきて、勝負して負ければ店をもらうと挑んできます。絶体絶命の守山を応援してピンチを救うのがプレイヤーの使命です。チェッカーズの「ジュリアに傷心」の曲が使われています。

プレイできるのは演奏の2パート目まで、歌詞でいくと1番のサビ終了までの部分です。『パネポン』の体験版とは異なり回数制限はありませんが、やっぱり短い印象です。でも、色々と変わらない点、変わった点が見えてきました。

まず変わらないのは基本のゲームプレイです。恐らくゲームの中でもスタンダードな部分を体験版としているのでしょうが、遊ぶ中で特に大きく前作とここが違う! という部分は見当たりませんでした。前作を遊んだ人は違和感無く入っていけるのではないでしょうか。

変わった点は、かなり親切になった印象です。前作では実際のゲームが始まるまでの前奏の部分はスキップできませんでしたが、今回はさくっと飛ばすことができます。これだけでも何度もプレイするのにやりやすくなったと言えます。また、前作では、次にタッチするべきマーカーを見失う事が度々ありましたが、今回は指のアイコンが出て、次にタッチするマーカーまで動いて誘導してくれるので、そういうことが無くなりました。

楽しさはそのままに、大幅にプレイし易くなった『燃えろ!熱血リズム魂 押忍!闘え!応援団2!』は5月17日、4800円で発売されます。

Ouendan 2, the follow-up to the very popular Ouendan, was first offered in demo form at download stations in stores today, May 10th. We thought we'd report on the quick download.

Ouendan used the stylus for rhythm action to cheer for people on the down-and-out. Essentially, gameplay consists of touching icons shown on the screen. In the demo, two types of icons are available: the Hit Marker and the Slide Marker. If the musical performance keeps sprits up 'til the end, the stage is cleared.

The story was about a clipping competition between barber Kaimitsu Moriyama (age 37) of the Charisma Salon and rival Eagle Shinagawa; the winner receives the other's shop. The desperate Moriyama calls for help, and it becomes the player's mission to help him out of the pinch.

The playable portion of the musical performance goes through the 2nd part or until the player loses, whichever comes first. Unlike the demo for Panel de Pon, there is no limit to the number of continues, but it's still a short experience. Although the game hasn't really changed, some differences could be seen.

First of all, the basic gameplay hasn't changed. Perhaps for a demo, just showing the standard gameplay is enough, as there wasn't anything strikingly different to be found while playing. Surely those who played the last game don't need to be impressed?

What has changed is the general ease-of-use. In the last game, the musical performance up to the starting point couldn't be skipped, but this time it can be skipped abruptly. This along makes playing a song over multiple times much easier. Also, in the last game, there were often times when one would lose sight of the icons, but since a finger icon directs players where to move for the next icon this time around, that problem has been alleviated.

Just as fun as the original and much easier to play, Ouendan 2 will be released on May 17th for 4800 yen.

Deft Beck

The pointer mentioned in the article is exclusive to the demo level, and, like EBA, the Easy mode of Ouendan 2.

While such a feature is not new to us, it is new to people who only played the first Ouendan(Japanese players, and, apparently, this website.)

I drew this conclusion from the gameplay videos, the official trailer, and so on.

Deft Beck

Wario64 said:
That's only for the easiest difficulties, if it's like Elite Beat Agents. Real men play on cheerleader mode.

JUST after I posted my above message, two briefer ones show up.

I typed all of that on my Wii for nothing?! (I'm getting good at it, too...)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I saw the commercial last night, it was pretty simple. They showed a cute girl playing the game, she was playing the song Kibun Jo Jo by Mihimaru GT.

It was pretty standard as far as Nintendo commercials go, I wonder if Nintendo is helping out with advertising?

sp0rsk said:
I saw the commercial last night, it was pretty simple. They showed a cute girl playing the game, she was playing the song Kibun Jo Jo by Mihimaru GT.

It was pretty standard as far as Nintendo commercials go, I wonder if Nintendo is helping out with advertising?
Aren't they publishing the game? Why wouldn't they be advertising it?

ivysaur12

Banned
sp0rsk said:

Jo Jo is so addicting >.<

Deft Beck

sp0rsk said:

Let's hope so...
Besides my theories, why else could have contributed to the first game's low sales?

Deft Beck

sp0rsk said:
Updated the first post with music videos. I <3 zenryoku shonen!

Excuse me, but as I mentioned earlier, I Believe by Ayaka is not in Ouendan 2.

The correct song is "Believe" by A.I.
A video can be found on stage6.

ATP

El_Victor said:
Blashphemy.
It's not blasphemy if it's true.
The pointer mentioned in the article is exclusive to the demo level, and, like EBA, the Easy mode of Ouendan 2.

While such a feature is not new to us, it is new to people who only played the first Ouendan(Japanese players, and, apparently, this website.)
It must be new, because I've never seen it before. I started the first Ouendan on the medium difficulty anyway, and by the time I figured it out, easy was too ... easy.

sprsk

Wheeliedude said:

You are absolutely correct, let me fix it.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Wheeliedude said:
Let's hope so...
Besides my theories, why else could have contributed to the first game's low sales?

Ouendan 2 is guarenteed to sell, its JackFrost approved

Wow. I started the video for Pop Star and as soon as he opened my mouth I knew I'd hate it. . . and then it grew on me. Fast. >_>;

I need to hurry up and preorder my copy. Look amazing. :O I want.

justchris

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I'm playing through Ouendan to beat all the songs on the 4th difficulty before Ouendan 2 comes out.

When playing Ouendan, am I the only one who feels like yelling OOUUENDAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!! I need someone to cheer me on and help me out with RSG.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Wheeliedude said:

!#$%

The Ayaka song is far far far far better.

:(

sprsk

I'm bored so I translated some lyrics.

Zenryoku Shonen (Full powered Youth)
First Verse
Tripped, fell over and got left behind in the mud again today. I got up and limped away as usual.

In my muddy up world, there's nothing there to dry me up. My loneliness has stuck around so long it's getting hard to get rid of.

Even after being tested I decided that I'm not backing down,&#12288;and like a spell murmured the words&#12288;"No way"

Chorus
Break down the wall you built up, Take unto yourself the thing you found, with no end, with blood and sweat, quench your thirsty mind.

The me of that era must have been a Zenryoku Shonen.

Who will be the one to broaden their horizons?

2nd verse
Doesn't matter where, I won't stop looking for the answers,&#12288;over the muddy water and dreams, I wont hesitate to cross over.

Chorus
Break down the wall you built up, Take unto yourself the thing you found, Draw up a map of the dreams that keep piling up and connect the dots. Without a doubt, we were zenryoku shonen.

I am the one who will broaden his horizons

My vision is now perfectly clear.

The video was a shortened version with just these lyrics, I expect the scene for this song to be really uplifting, like the song!

D.Lo

ShockingAlberto said:
He said it broke 100k.

But on GAF, anything below 300k is a bomb.
I wonder how many of those sales were imports? Seriously, could it be the highest percentage import sales game ever?

Hopefully the sequel does well and a budget version of the original comes out to get the sales it really deserves.

Mardak

Videos of the demo show that the characters scream before each section (instead of waving their arms like in EBA), and yes, the flames are still around.

Mardak said:
Videos of the demo show that the characters scream before each section (instead of waving their arms like in EBA), and yes, the flames are still around.

yeah, good thing that the flames are back

Hcoregamer00

Wheeliedude said:
Maybe so, but would that song work in a rhythm game?

They made Jumping Jack Flash a final level song for Elite Beat Agents. JJF is an oldies classic that is the furthest thing from my mind in a Rhythm game.

You bet your ass they would have found a way to make it work.

Sirusjr

Banned
Wheeliedude said:
Maybe so, but would that song work in a rhythm game?
songs dont need those horrible beats to work in a rhythm game. You can tap to parts of the melody or whatever as long as its fast.

Hcoregamer00

It is a little off topic, but in commemoration of Ouendan 2 coming out next week I tried to beat Ready Steady Go on Hard Mode (the third difficulty).

After 150 tries I finally beat it and unlocked cheerleader mode, only to get my ass handed to me in the FIRST level. The hit markers are smaller and they require insane amounts of memorization since they only appear 2 seconds before you hit it.

Cheers, I finally hit the difficulty level most of you got to a long time ago.

Sirusjr

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
It is a little off topic, but in commemoration of Ouendan 2 coming out next week I tried to beat Ready Steady Go on Hard Mode (the third difficulty).

After 150 tries I finally beat it an unlocked cheerleader mode, only to get my ass handed to me in the FIRST level. The hit markers are smaller and they require insane amounts of memorization since they only appear 2 seconds before you hit it.

Cheers, I finally hit the difficulty level most of you got to a long time ago.
Grats on unlocking cheer girl mode. I always found that by the time you unlock cheer girl you are already so used to the patterns of everything on hard that it isnt as hard. The problem is when, like in your case, you haven't played the lvls on hard for a long time then you will have a hard time on cheer girl. Still its the same beats just mirrored and smaller.

Hcoregamer00

Sirusjr said:
Grats on unlocking cheer girl mode. I always found that by the time you unlock cheer girl you are already so used to the patterns of everything on hard that it isnt as hard. The problem is when, like in your case, you haven't played the lvls on hard for a long time then you will have a hard time on cheer girl. Still its the same beats just mirrored and smaller.

Yeah, lets just say I got the game in October last year, got all the way to RSG on Very Hard and gave up on it. After Ouendan 2 was announced I figured I would get in the swing of things by beating Ready Steady Go and Jumping Jack Flash to unlock the final difficulty level. Now that I unlocked Cheerleader mode it is time to jump into EBA and unlock the Diva's.

:lol

Sirusjr

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
Yeah, lets just say I got the game in October last year, got all the way to RSG on Very Hard and gave up on it. After Ouendan 2 was announced I figured I would get in the swing of things by beating Ready Steady Go and Jumping Jack Flash to unlock the final difficulty level. Now that I unlocked Cheerleader mode it is time to jump into EBA and unlock the Diva's.

Haha I remember when I first unlocked the divas I was totally distracted by their hot bodies for the first few tries of the songs. I was like WHY MUST YOU BE SO HOT!!

Hcoregamer00

Sirusjr said:
Haha I remember when I first unlocked the divas I was totally distracted by their hot bodies for the first few tries of the songs. I was like WHY MUST YOU BE SO HOT!!

Don't worry, I am the same way in Cheerleader mode in Ouendan. After playing the game for like 50+ hours with nothing but male characters I couldn't help but be distracted by the little fact that you are in control of the girls now.

Damn you!!! This is the secret to the Very Hard Difficulty.

Edit: Does me getting to Cheeleader Mode renew my Hardcore Gamer's license, because only an insane hardcore gamer plays the same level 150 times until they unlock an EVEN harder difficulty level.

Naruto

O-M-G! I can't believe they didn't take out that "spin the wheel" part from the game! as much as I love EBA(or Ouendan for this matter), spinning the wheel sucks... I have a big rasengan on my screen because of that.

Sirusjr

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
Don't worry, I am the same way in Cheerleader mode in Ouendan. After playing the game for like 50+ hours with nothing but male characters I couldn't help but be distracted by the little fact that you are in control of the girls now.

Damn you!!! This is the secret to the Very Hard Difficulty.

Edit: Does me getting to Cheeleader Mode renew my Hardcore Gamer's license, because only an insane hardcore gamer plays the same level 150 times until they unlock an EVEN harder difficulty level.
maybe somewhat but with a game as addictive as ouendan you gotta be a really strong willed casual to resist unlocking cheer girls.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Juwanna Peezadis said:
Wow. I started the video for Pop Star and as soon as he opened my mouth I knew I'd hate it. . . and then it grew on me. Fast. >_>;
Same shit happened to me really :lol

Top Bottom