• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Simpsons 600 Marathon |OT| | Starting Thursday at Noon EST / 9am PST on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

As certain noteworthy episodes are stuck in terrible time slots, I'm going to give you guys an opportunity to quickly play catch-up by hooking you up with some 60 Second Simpsons installments of late night marathon fare courtesy of Jims that should bring you right up to speed...

60 Second Simpsons Review - Two Dozen and One Greyhounds
60 Second Simpsons Review - Who Shot Mr. Burns? (Part 1)
60 Second Simpsons Review - Bart Sells His Soul
60 Second Simpsons Review - THOH VI: Attack of the 50 Foot Eyesores
60 Second Simpsons Review - THOH VI: Nightmare on Evergreen Terrace
60 Second Simpsons Review - THOH VI: Homer³
60 Second Simpsons Review - King-Size Homer

Sanjuro

vwOGlW0.jpg

DarkKyo

This two-parter isn't bad but it doesn't feel like normal/great Simpsons episodes for this period in the show. They seem a bit more forced and heavy-handed. I understand the point is to set up all the possible shooters and their motives but I guess that's the problem with these episodes, they feel too pushed towards the "marketable television event" thing they had going at the time. Their scripts feel a bit clunkier than the rest of their respective seasons.

ScribbleD

There are so many recurring jokes that I'm just now noticing thanks to this marathon. Like how Marge consistently uses graffito as a singular for graffiti, or the jokes about how paramedics stealing things while they work on you (also referenced in the Stone Cutters episode).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
And now the episode that Dead Homer Society claims is where the series jumped the shark.

Looks like this is my last day of the marathon. There's a few episodes I like coming on tomorrow, but not much. Most good stuff today although we have the dreadful Homerpalooza episode.

BigAT

I really love Homer and Lisa in this episode. Lots of great interactions together and the "I've been called a greasy thug before too" is the best.

The ending is also fantastic and gets me every time.

1314579.gif

vypek

lol. "You are a bad son, Mon...tel"

EDIT: Episode after this will feature another great Simpsons song :) On at 1PM EST

UberTag

And now the episode that Dead Homer Society claims is where the series jumped the shark.
For the most part, the Dead Homer Society has terrible opinions on just about everything.
The only thing they're right about is that the show's quality went into a nosedive post-Classic era but - surprise, surprise - everyone is in agreement about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom