• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Simpsons 600 Marathon |OT| | Starting Thursday at Noon EST / 9am PST on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

I just looked up Fritz the Cat (NSFW) for the first time after watching that plagiarism Itchy and Scratchy episode. I guess they showed of I&S was similar art style but man was I shocked at the search results lol

vypek

Hey
Hey
Professor Frink
Professor Frink
He'll make you laugh
He'll make you think
He likes to run and then the thing....

vypek

One of the episodes talks about a spin-off with Wiggum and Skinner but honestly Chalmers and Skinner would be better. I love their dynamic and the fact that they have a company together.

UberTag

One of the episodes talks about a spin-off with Wiggum and Skinner but honestly Chalmers and Skinner would be better. I love their dynamic and the fact that they have a company together.
I would have agreed with you back during the Classic era. Sadly, Skinner has largely been wasted as a character in recent years due to being joined at the hip to either Chalmers or his mother. Their best respective HD era episodes (How the Test Was Won and Bart Stops to Smell the Roosevelts) largely focused on Skinner and Chalmers interacting with the kids and not with one another.

vypek

I would have agreed with you back during the Classic era. Sadly, Skinner has largely been wasted as a character in recent years due to being joined at the hip to either Chalmers or his mother. Their best respective HD era episodes as characters (How the Test Was Won and Bart Stops to Smell the Roosevelts) largely focused on Skinner and Chalmers interacting with the kids and not with one another.

That's true. Another thing that changed in the HD era that bothers me is his loss of romance. I felt really bad that the writers took Edna away from him. I will never not love his use in classic era though (aside from the whole impostor bit but I'll ignore that lol)

EDIT:
I feel a lot of characters go to waste considering how many characters have been established in the universe.

vypek

I didn't realize Selma had Hutz in her name at some point

Wow. For the first time I noticed a scene where Hibbert is yellow

UberTag

- Summer of 4 Ft. 2 - Sunday at 4:00pm

Summer%20of%204%20Ft.%202.gif

Milhouse is secretly the best part about Summer of 4 Ft. 2.

Between his sprinkler impressions, "up yours Krabappel", "she looks like Blossom", petting the scorpion, his enthusiastic "oh boy, a carnival" reveal after Lisa accused Bart of ruining her life, Homer's dud jibes, his "see you in the car" autograph, getting caught in the loogie crossfire at the amusement park... I'm not sure he's ever been funnier.

vypek

UberTag, is this your favorite episode? Just basing the question off your avatar.

That reaction by Homer and Marge is my favorite part of this episode.

UberTag

UberTag, is this your favorite episode? Just basing the question off your avatar.

That reaction by Homer and Marge is my favorite part of this episode.
It's among my personal favorites. If you were to ask me what the best episode of the show is I'd still likely chime out with Last Exit to Springfield, Itchy & Scratchy Land, Homer Badman or Marge vs. the Monorail, though.

(As much as I love Jon Vitti, I'm in the minority that considers Cape Feare to be overrated despite its frequent presence in the "all-time best" conversation.)

"Geez, I don't know what you have planned for tonight Homer, but count me out."

Marge's line when going through all the odd sex related products Homer bought to hide his firework purchases always get me laughing hard.

GetLucky

That episode has gotta be one of the best performances by Yeardley Smith. The "thanks Bart" at the end gets me every time.

UberTag

That episode has gotta be one of the best performances by Yeardley Smith. The "thanks Bart" at the end gets me every time.
Without question... I'd put Lisa's Substitute ahead of it as a Yeardley acting showcase but not much else.

We're on to Season 8 now... the last of the full Classic era seasons.
And, once it's done, we'll still have 422 episodes to go to get to 600.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Haha Cypress Creek is basically what happened to most cities after the 90's. Coffee places everywhere!

ZeroRay

Without question... I'd put Lisa's Substitute ahead of it as a Yeardley acting showcase but not much else.

We're on to Season 8 now... the last of the full Classic era seasons.
And, once it's done, we'll still have 422 episodes to go to get to 600.

Summer of 4ft 2 feels like it was the first episode I caught live on Fox as a kid, being exposed only to syndicated stuff earlier. I consider season 7 to be the last of the pristine Simpsons seasons. Season 8 is great however, and we get the show's canonical ending at 3:30 AM eastern. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom