• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Simpsons 600 Marathon |OT| | Starting Thursday at Noon EST / 9am PST on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Who was the voice actor who played Hank?

Oh and "Aahhh, the Denver Broncos?!!"

Classic

Ecotic

So where was Cypress Creek and Globex headquartered? The city's landscape screams Pacific Northwest but then he seizes the East Coast, which I can only imagine has Cypress Creek in it.

Of course it was meant to be confusing and undecipherable.

MC Safety

One of my favorite Simpsons lines:

"He made light of my weight problem, then suggested my motto should be 'Semper Fudge.' At that point, he told me to 'relax.'"

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
574289.gif

UberTag

Good :)

And I just got that Mel Zetz joke

EDIT: A Milhouse Divided is next. Have to watch it even though I was planning to watch Bob's Burgers instead. I can't remember when the parents get back together. I want to say its about 11 seasons later.

EDIT 2: Actually looks like its 11 seasons to the episode
Homer and Marge remain divorced longer than the Van Houtens do. Homer at least managed to squeeze in a quickie wedding on the side.

vypek

Homer and Marge remain divorced longer than the Van Houtens do. Homer at least managed to squeeze in a quickie wedding on the side.

What point do they start and end their divorce? I didn't remember them being apart a long time. All I can think of is the divorce and marriage in some episode but I do remember Vegas wife as the quickie wedding.

Bart impersonating Hibbert is hilarious and this is the first scene of the whole marathon that I can't recall ever seeing.

UberTag

What point do they start and end their divorce? I didn't remember them being apart a long time. All I can think of is the divorce and marriage in some episode but I do remember Vegas wife as the quickie wedding.

Bart impersonating Hibbert is hilarious and this is the first scene of the whole marathon that I can't recall ever seeing.
Homer and Marge don't formally remarry until Season 20's Wedding for Disaster... roughly a season and a half after Kirk and Luann rewed.

vypek

Homer and Marge don't formally remarry until Season 20's Wedding for Disaster... roughly a season and a half after Kirk and Luann rewed.

Ah thanks. :) And now that I'm seeing this episode I realize that its going to be a little later in this that Homer and Marge divorce cause of his antics.

This chair smash scene on Homer's back is hilarious.

BatDan

is the marathon going in chronological order? if so, the episodes are going to be so shitty for a lot of days.

Yep. A lot of people will drop off within in the next couple days
Hell, we're on Season 8 now, people are going to drop off after today.

Here's my stupid theory: Kirk and Luanne aren't cousins, Luanne is the Shelbyville counterpart of Kirk. Evidenced by Lemon of Troy stating that she's from there, as well as Willie having a female counterpart. Perhaps Shelbyville Milhouse is another relative. Being the union of doppelgängers is as plausible an explanation of his Milhouse-ness as inbreeding is.

UberTag

Wait...what? How does that even work?
That aforementioned Season 20 episode retconned the finale of this one to say that Reverend Lovejoy's ministerial license was expired when he conducted the second wedding for Homer and Marge at the end of this episode. Hence they were never married from when Homer filed for divorce until when they had their officially recognized second wedding over 12 seasons later (from December 1996 until March 2009).

Here's my stupid theory: Kirk and Luanne aren't cousins, Luanne is the Shelbyville counterpart of Kirk. Evidenced by Lemon of Troy stating that she's from there, as well as Willie having a female counterpart. Perhaps Shelbyville Milhouse is another relative. Being the union of doppelgängers is as plausible an explanation of his Milhouse-ness as inbreeding is.
Perhaps both theories are correct. Luann is Kirk's Shelbyville doppelganger AND they're both cousins.

There's also this terrible joke from Season 26's Let's Go Fly a Coot.

Yep. A lot of people will drop off within in the next couple days
Hell, we're on Season 8 now, people are going to drop off after today.

if they skip season 9 they'll miss some great episodes, like Homer in New York, Homer buying a gun, Apu getting married, and Homer the garbage man.

BatDan

NOBODY LIKES MILHOUSE

what season has the Navy episode, that episode is pretty good

es mia dia primero
quack quack quck

Also Season 9

Looking at it, there's quite a few good episodes there.
To me, Season 12 is where things really go off the rails.

UberTag

if they skip season 9 they'll miss some great episodes, like Homer in New York, Homer buying a gun, Apu getting Married, and Homer the garbage man.
Every season has great episodes that will be missed by skipping them. You just have to sit through a lot of crap to get to them. I don't begrudge anyone for quitting early.
Even for Season 9's Classic era holdovers.

Looking at it, there's quite a few good episodes there.
To me, Season 12 is where things really go off the rails.
If you subject yourself to sitting through Season 11 in full, you'll know it happens far sooner than that.
I don't even plan on calling attention to hidden gems from that season as I will be for subsequent ones.

Perhaps both theories are correct. Luann is Kirk's Shelbyville doppelganger AND they're both cousins.

There's also this terrible joke from Season 26's Let's Go Fly a Coot.

Yeah, the cousin take is preferred by the writers going by the commentaries. Of course, the real answer is they didn't plan ahead when they introduced each parent separately. The writers make fun of the clone-parent tendency enough to make me wonder if they never had time to tell the character designers to avoid doing it.

BatDan

"Guess who likes you?"
*siren*

If you subject yourself to sitting through Season 11 in full, you'll know it happens far sooner than that.
I don't even plan on calling attention to hidden gems from that season as I will be for subsequent ones.

Looking through the episode list, I'm remembering how much these episodes don't really hold up. Many of them only have one good moment in a stew of mediocrity.

That aforementioned Season 20 episode retconned the finale of this one to say that Reverend Lovejoy's ministerial license was expired when he conducted the second wedding for Homer and Marge at the end of this episode. Hence they were never married from when Homer filed for divorce until when they had their officially recognized second wedding over 12 seasons later (from December 1996 until March 2009).

Oh right. I remember this happening.

vypek

I've never seen that scene with Apu talking about a room full of electricity. This is crazy. Thought I'd seen all the full versions of episodes. Are these full versions on the DVDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom