• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Simpsons 600 Marathon |OT| | Starting Thursday at Noon EST / 9am PST on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lenny is a jerk.

wwf3zu.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I've never seen that scene with Apu talking about a room full of electricity. This is crazy. Thought I'd seen all the full versions of episodes. Are these full versions on the DVDs?

Yes. Along with Simpsons World streaming.

"Guess who likes you?"
Looking through the episode list, I'm remembering how much these episodes don't really hold up. Many of them only have one good moment in a stew of mediocrity.

In my eyes,

Season 8 was the last infallible season.

Season 9 has half top-quality, half so-so.

Season 10 is where it drops off a bit more.

And it's a dumpster fire from s11 onwards.

vypek

Yes. Along with Simpsons World streaming.

Yep, these are the full episodes.

Hm. Interesting. Maybe I'll get the DVDs some day or watch through Simpsons World in order. Two episodes so far where I have seen new stuff.

Mysterious Voyage of Homer!

The Lego Dimensions adaptation of this is fun

Lego Dimensions adapts this? Thats pretty awesome.

I could have sworn this episode had a title that was set in Spanish but had the translated name in the title as well.

And as far as season 11 goes, I like "Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner?"

BatDan

Hm. Interesting. Maybe I'll get the DVDs some day or watch through Simpsons World in order. Two episodes so far where I have seen new stuff.

Lego Dimensions adapts this? Thats pretty awesome.

I could have sworn this episode had a title that was set in Spanish but had the translated name in the title as well.

And as far as season 11 goes, I like "Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner?"

Yeah, here's a playthrough of the level

Apparently they could only get the rights to Dan Castelanetta and Johnny Cash's voices so everyone else is silent. It's weird.

UberTag

In my eyes,

Season 8 was the last infallible season.

Season 9 has half top-quality, half so-so.

Season 10 is where it drops off a bit more.

And it's a dumpster fire from s11 onwards.
That's a fair assessment... especially given the number of non-Scully showrun holdovers that break their way into Season 9.

Mysterious Voyage of Homer!

The Lego Dimensions adaptation of this is fun
Fun? Yes.
But I would have preferred something slightly more original for Lego Dimensions than a redo of a classic Simpsons episode with little in the way of original material to make it seem fresh.

Was largely underwhelmed by that in contrast with the number of puns and creative levels in the Simpsons Game which took inspiration from classic Simpsons episodes without wholesale recreating them.

mreddie

Since someone said S10 is where it starts to suck, I think these are the holdouts.

"Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner?"
"Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder"
"Take My Wife, Sleaze"
"Grift of the Magi"
"Faith Off"
"Missionary: Impossible"
"Bart to the Future"
"Behind the Laughter"

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Haha the X Files cross over episode. I was obsessed with both shows when this came out. I was ecstatic lol

The arcade bits, both Donkey Kong and 40 quarters for Kevin Costner's Waterworld

ScribbleD

Can't believe so many of these are back to back chronologically. They were just belting out classic iconic episodes one after the other.

BatDan

He has a heavenly voice, like Urkel. And he shows up every Friday night, like Urkel!

I'll just type it up on my invisible typewriter!

mozfan12

Banned
So after season 11, is it worth just not watching at all. Are there a couple of good or even classic episodes in the remaining 17 seasons I should look out for?

vypek

So after season 11, is it worth just not watching at all. Are there a couple of good or even classic episodes in the remaining 17 seasons I should look out for?

UberTag has extensive information on the series and I think plans to post the gems for the other seasons except for 11 which will be skipped.

Shaanyboi

Banned

People say that there's a sort of resurgence, but I think they're delusional. It's just not worth that episode where Homer became a grunge rocker....

Richie

Off the top of my head, Season 11 has the Tomacco episode and of course Behind The Laughter. The very end of that season's THOH would be my favorite out of all the THOHs if THOH V's didn't exist, but my memory is fuzzy on the quality of the actual segments.

UberTag

There are plenty of episodes worth watching post-Classic era. It's just that not many are worth watching in sequence and not many are worth watching DURING Season 11 let alone after that.

The great episodes will get called out in this thread. I'll say right now that if you haven't watched Trilogy of Error before, you should make some time to scope it out when it airs on Tuesday night. It's the best post-Classic era episode in the show penned by the HD era savior on the writing team, Matt Selman. You'll be in for a treat.

People say that there's a sort of resurgence, but I think they're delusional. It's just not worth that episode where Homer became a grunge rocker....
Lots of episodes worth seeking out in later seasons that don't dabble in revisionistic history like That 90s Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom