• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Simpsons 600 Marathon |OT| | Starting Thursday at Noon EST / 9am PST on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

This is a good one, one of the better ones in season 10. I'd say Mark Hamill is one of the last great guest stars on the show.
It's tough for Mark Hamill to have a poor voice acting showcase.
The Killing Joke came awfully close... but Hamill is money for the most part.

Flanders being 60 always made no sense....
This is the Mike Scully-ran era, around the time where they stopped giving a shit about coherent storytelling and focused more on zany antics.

But that being said, some people look pretty young for being in their 60s. Just look at Liam Neeson.

UberTag

This is the Mike Scully-ran era, around the time where they stopped giving a shit about coherent storytelling and focused more on zany antics.

But that being said, some people look pretty young for being in their 60s. Just look at Liam Neeson.
Speaking of Liam Neeson, I rewatched his Simpsons episode a couple days ago for the first time in a long while and really enjoyed it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Viva Ned I don't think is a good ep and yet, it's Emmy nominated.

That's nothing, Three Gays of the Condo WON an Emmy, and the only decent part of that episode was Weird Al.
Once Upon a Time in Springfield (season 21) was nominated too.

UberTag

Viva Ned I don't think is a good ep and yet, it's Emmy nominated.
Still not the worst Simpsons episode to be nominated for the Outstanding Animated Program Emmy. That honor belongs to Angry Dad: The Movie. The worst episode to receive an Emmy nomination of any kind is easily Moe Goes From Rags To Riches. Somehow Hank Azaria received an Outstanding Voiceover Performance nom for that mess.

mreddie

That's nothing, Three Gays of the Condo WON an Emmy, and the only decent part of that episode was Weird Al.
Once Upon a Time in Springfield (season 21) was nominated too.

468923.gif

BatDan

Still not the worst Simpsons episode to be nominated for the Outstanding Animated Program Emmy.
That honor belongs to Angry Dad: The Movie.
The worst episode to receive an Emmy nomination of any kind is easily Moe Goes From Rags To Riches. Somehow Hank Azaria received an outstanding voiceover performance nom for that mess.

Castelanetta got nominated for Donnie Fatso. How?!
Azaria WON for The Princess Guide, which I had to look up because I don't recall that at all.

This is another good episode from season 10.

In my eyes, it feels like a classic-era episode, especially scenes such as the children playing outside at sunset.

UberTag

She's not gone yet.
Maude's still alive but we will briefly lose Maggie Roswell from the series overnight due to her pay dispute. Marcia Mitzman Gaven takes over her many roles (Maude, Luann, Helen Lovejoy, Miss Hoover) beginning with Season 11's Brother's Little Helper. We don't get Maggie back until Season 14.

This episode is pretty good
Wild Barts Can't Be Broken is probably my outright favorite from Season 10. I hop back and forth between that and The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace depending on my mood.

Larry Doyle is one of the few good things about the Scully era I don't mind. His episodes are almost always solid. Shame he didn't stick around.

UberTag

The inane Marge-Lisa subplot in this episode where they can't complete their egg crafting set is just time filler. As is the defective doorbell subplot in Maximum Homerdrive and the selling expired medication subplot in We're on the Road to D'oh-where... although at least the last one has an amusing resolution.

It's like they didn't bother developing this relationship one iota until Season 16.

BatDan

"Plus they can replace them and nobody can tell the diddly-ifference"
That was so close to happening

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I'm not watching right now, but my favorite part of that episode is how one of the rhinos gets knocked out by the popcorn. It's only there for like 2 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom