• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Trump victory tour starts Thursday in Cincinatti Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogDude

Trump really is one of the most incredible speakers I've ever seen. I've never really seen one of these rallys but it's easy to see why they were so popular.

Trump really is one of the most incredible speakers I've ever seen. I've never really seen one of these rallys but it's easy to see why they were so popular.

...really? I don't see it.

Barack Obama is an incredible speaker.

Trump sounds like a late night infomercial huckster.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
People have been saying this a lot but oddly enough, I think the DNC sort of started to at the DNC convention. They DID come out with the start of a populist mega-america floor show, and if anyone noticed, the GOP shit themselves for a few days afterward. They saw that the democrats were stealing their gimmick and were really afraid.

The Clinton campaign was still what it was after the convention, sure, but somebody was paying attention to what Trump and the GOP had been doing, I think.

Now if only the democrats will look back and realize what strategy sent a tremor through the right and caused the right to blink.
A lot of hope that they learned their lesson flew out the window the other day when they elected Pelosi to head them again. She's delivered nothing but acres of ceded ground in terms of Democratic representation. Her name is spit like a swear word among conservatives just like Hillary and she's the personified caricature of a spacy, ineffectual west coast liberal elite that the other side wants to paint all Dems as. Founded or unfounded, you can not ignore these optic problems and act like they don't matter. Putting her as the face of the party again is exactly the head-in-the-sand, "She's unpopular, sure, but nobody could possibly think the other side is better, right?" kind of appointment that gave us President Trump.

DogDude

...really? I don't see it.

Barack Obama is an incredible speaker.

Trump sounds like a late night infomercial huckster.
Obama is an incredible speaker, perhaps the best there is. Trump is up there though. Their styles could not be more different so it's hard to compare. Obama is powerful and moving while Trump is extremely personal like he's having a direct conversation right next to you.

Ryzaki009

Hopefully when he runs next time those "both sides" idiots actually votes against him after removing their heads from their asses.

RawNuts

How to connect with people instead of trying to win with 100 point plans and websites.
I would hope that policies that actually benefit people would be enough to connect with them, not fucking them while wearing a friendly smile.

Why does anyone vote based on who they would rather have a beer with?

Kaiterra

Banned
How to connect with people: Get hours and hours and hours of mostly uninterrupted free airtime to speak directly to them

I would hope that policies that actually benefit people would be enough to connect with them, not fucking them while wearing a friendly smile.

Why does anyone vote based on who they would rather have a beer with?

It's not. Policy doesn't win elections, connecting with the voters does. Voters in the rust belt felt like Trump understood their problems and at least paid them lip service. Hillary didn't even show up to Wisconsin.

Kaiterra

Banned
It's not. Policy doesn't win elections, connecting with the voters does. Voters in the rust belt felt like Trump understood their problems and at least paid them lip service. Hillary didn't even show up to Wisconsin.

"Trust me, I'm gonna get your jobs back" is a lot easier for people to understand than the actual nuts and bolts of economic policy, even if there's nothing underpinning it. This election really felt a lot to me like one of those TV episodes with a student body president election between a jock and a nerd in a lot of ways.

Just, y'know, the blowhard didn't step down when he realized he was over his head because this is the real world.

Obama is an incredible speaker, perhaps the best there is. Trump is up there though. Their styles could not be more different so it's hard to compare. Obama is powerful and moving while Trump is extremely personal like he's having a direct conversation right next to you.
Michelle Obama is better than both of them.

MazeHaze

Banned

Hey, you shouldn't lump all voters in the rust belt into that shit. Ive lived in the rust belt my whole lives, and myself and many others weren't fooled by a pandering liar.

I also never once felt like trump understood my problems, seeing as he's a fucking billionaire. If others are that naive and ignorant, so be it.

Edit: my gfs parents are the rustbelters you speak of, and they support trump because "he will bring back jobs" but they also believe he started from nothing and climbed to the top, and no amount of proof to the contrary will convince them otherwise. It wasn't the rustbelt that made them vote trump, it was their own stupidity and ignorance.

"I knew I didn't like the son of a bitch"

A CNN pundit just said that about Trump, wow

As much as I wish David Gergen was giving his own opinion there, the full context of the quote was essentially: "There are two reactions to Trump's speech: (1) this is why i love trump; or (2) I knew I didn't like the son of a bitch."

Vestal

Gold Member
Michelle Obama is better than both of them.

Trump is not even in the same universe as the Obamas. However, Barrack is still the best there is right now. Michelle is good, but Barry is just too fucking good at owning a crowd with substance, and wit.

Mesousa

Banned
How can he hold all these Ws

The Young Turks used to have a segment called "Loser Trump" where they would argue that he's always been a loser. It really isnt true. Even with all his bankruptcies he seems to have succeeded in everything he has wanted in the end. He's clearly a winner.

The Young Turks used to have a segment called "Loser Trump" where they would argue that he's always been a loser. It really isnt true. Even with all his bankruptcies he seems to have succeeded in everything he has wanted in the end. He's clearly a winner.

Well, sure, he's part of the rigged system.

Nah. There's such a thing as "failing upwards". The fact that he's in the position that he is doesn't negate his (many, many) failures. It simply means that there are no real consequences for him losing.

LilZippa

Why do people need facts when they have warm feelings.

ezrarh

Nah. There's such a thing as "failing upwards". The fact that he's in the position that he is doesn't negate his (many, many) failures. It simply means that there are no real consequences for him losing.

Trump is the ultimate anti-fragile person: something that gets stronger with each failure, shocking event, controversy, mistake, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom