• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu thread of more Miles Edgeworth and MOAR Gundam

Boney

Banned
TheSeks said:
Edgeworth 2: Now with more court prosecutions instead of CSI: Edgeworth. *YEAHHHHHH!*

(Day one all the same)
I beg for this. Case 4 was such a tease. I really missed the court, since it made the pacing so much better.

NeonZ

X! I'm really looking forward to the next Gundam Musou now. I just hope they won't just include Garrod and the X and call it a day. A second unit and pilot, at least...

Beth Cyra

NeonZ said:
X! I'm really looking forward to the next Gundam Musou now. I just hope they won't just include Garrod and the X and call it a day. A second unit and pilot, at least...

If this is what they put in I will be pissed. DX or bust.

B.K. said:
Breath of Fire is as dead as Suikoden.

Suikoden still has a shot of having new games in that series. The way Capcom has been pushing for more games that appeal to the West makes it that much more unlikely that a new BoF will come out. They even said a while back that they weren't going to develop JRPG's because of that.

But BoF using the Naruto engine would be a sight to see.

Bebpo

Banned
Musou 3 interview summary:

What's new?
Producer guy: We added cell-shading to the engine.
I see you've changed the camera too
Producer guy: Yeah, when you had the old pulled back angle, you couldn't really tell that we added cell-shading so we pulled the camera up close so you can really see the cell shading now.

:\ Bad camera incoming :\

Beth Cyra

Bebpo said:

I wonder how much of their decision to add Cel Shading was because of Ex VS and how much better the suits look because the effect.

Bebpo

Banned
TruePrime said:
If this is what they put in I will be pissed. DX or bust.

Wouldn't it be the Double X? The way GM works is they just give the most powerful version of the main mech. Like OO is getting OO Raiser.

Unfortunately sometimes the lesser versions are cooler. Exia Seven Sword >>>>>>> OO Raiser.

hamchan

I'm happy for more Miles Egeworth but are they on a writer's block with GS5 or something? I would really enjoy it if this Miles Edgeworth game dealt with him in the Apollo Justice time period.

Beth Cyra

Bebpo said:
Wouldn't it be the Double X? The way GM works is they just give the most powerful version of the main mech. Like OO is getting OO Raiser.

Unfortunately sometimes the lesser versions are cooler. Exia Seven Sword >>>>>>> OO Raiser.

I would of been more willing to believe if they didn't screw over Turn X in the last game.

hamchan said:
I'm happy for more Miles Egeworth but are they on a writer's block with GS5 or something? I would really enjoy it if this Miles Edgeworth game dealt with him in the Apollo Justice time period.
I feel like they're still trying to figure out what to do with AJ because the end of Apollo Justice left a couple of awkward plot threads loose

Meanwhile more Kay Faraday in AAI2 means more hell yes

TreIII

TruePrime said:
I wonder how much of their decision to add Cel Shading was because of Ex VS and how much better the suits look because the effect.

Since Bamco likely has a lot of say what goes on in both games, I would be surprised if they wanted both of the games to have a more or less "unified" look.

For example: most, if not all Naruto games released in the last few years have all used cel-shading to some degree, even though the games have been made by different teams and etc. It's about time that Bamco finally realizes how much good such a thing can do for one of their starring brands. :lol

hamchan said:
I guess a lot of people missed CaVaYeRo's interview with Shu Takumi? He posted some highlights in a Ghost Trick thread about two months ago.

- Takumi already considered Ace Attorney series finished with DS Apollo Justice being the last chapter. Then he wanted to move on with fresh things like Ghost Trick.
- However, fans response and love he’s noticing in this event (lots of deep PW fans) makes he stop and reconsider the series situation. He’s pretty surprised and grateful on this love, so he’s now undecided on what to do: continue PW or stick to new things?

Takumi considered the GS series done, but is now reconsidering due to fan outcry.

That's probably why there's been no GS5, but two GS side-stories.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Bebpo said:

What?! You already couldn't see a damn thing in the PS3 GM2 because the camera was zoomed in too close...now it's going to be WORSE?

Dammit, Koei.

ShockingAlberto said:
I guess a lot of people missed CaVaYeRo's interview with Shu Takumi? He posted some highlights in a Ghost Trick thread about two months ago.

Takumi considered the GS series done, but is now reconsidering due to fan outcry.

I still don't get that. How could a game that could have easily replaced Phoenix with a different character and still been the same story have been considered the end, after three games that had barely any relation to 4? Not to mention some lamely or not-at-all resolved plot points.

ShockingAlberto said:

Given the story of Apollo Justice, this is pretty much bullshit.

epmode

ShockingAlberto said:
Takumi considered the GS series done
Nuts to that. If he was really concerned about ending the series, maybe he shouldn't have sprinkled AA3 and 4 with all of those loose ends. Hell, AA4 didn't seem like an ending at all. I see it as a buildup to a new kind of game, more juries than judges.

NeonZ

Bebpo said:

You're right. For some reason, I mistakenly remembered the Shinning and Wing in Musou, rather than the God and Wing Zero. So, I guess the DX is pretty much a lock.

Beth Cyra

EmCeeGramr said:
I still don't get that. How could a game that could have easily replaced Phoenix with a different character and still been the same story have been considered the end, after three games that had barely any relation to 4? Not to mention some lamely or not-at-all resolved plot points.

Well if he considered the series done when Phoenix is done then it wouldn't it make sense.

As it stands Pheonix is done.

One thing though if he truly did return to this world because of fan outcry I the people saying the want AA5 and also wanting it to be Apollo could be in for a world of hurt if it did get announced.

The fans for Pheonix are alot more in number as well as alot more vocal, if he returned because of them then it wouldn't be shocking that an AA5 would be back with Phoenix in the MC slot with some excuse to how he got his Badge back.

Bebpo

Banned
I'm looking forward to hitting the musou button and pink shadow trans-am-ing all over the place with the OO Raiser.

EmCeeGramr said:
If you think of it in the context of an ending, AJ does make some sense.

Not every thread is tied up, but you know Phoenix is alive, his spirit as a defense attorney is passed on, and Apollo will probably pass it on one day, too.

Not saying it's the best ending ever, but I can see how it was written as one.

ShockingAlberto said:
If you think of it in the context of an ending, AJ does make some sense.

Not every thread is tied up, but you know Phoenix is alive, his spirit as a defense attorney is passed on, and Apollo will probably pass it on one day, too.

Not saying it's the best ending ever, but I can see how it was written as one.
You could say the same thing about the other three PW games. Games with endings should, logically, end. AJ just leaves so much more open for a sequel compared to the other games.

ccbfan

Apollo Justice has 2 major loose end that can't make it the end. (I hope at least)

1.Kristoph

What were those super locks.

How the heck does he get the comfiest jail cell ever. Connections? HE has way too much power to go quietly.

2.WTF happened to Phoenix and all the characters in his games.

Trakdown

200px-GarrodRanVictory.jpg

Day one, will help kill the time until (hopefully) Extreme Vs. comes out.

I would much rather have had Apollo 2 with some gameplay improvements from AAI. AAI was interesting but it's shocking how badly the pacing was fucked up by not having the adventure segments broken up by court.

thetechkid

ccbfan said:
Apollo Justice has 2 major loose end that can't make it the end. (I hope at least)

1.Kristoph

What were those super locks.

How the heck does he get the comfiest jail cell ever. Connections? HE has way too much power to go quietly.

2.WTF happened to Phoenix and all the characters in his games.

The last case of the game talks about the first part of your second question.

TreIII

According to Koei Warriors, it looks like GM3 actually has ONLINE PLAY in the JP Version. And signs are pointing to a demo at TGS next week. Nice! :D

Beth Cyra

The Take Out Bandit said:
All I'm seeing is fail.

Needs more G Gundam!

Why would they add more G Gundam, the fact is outside of UC the AU's are balanced right now with the exception being CE which gets 3 Main suits and 5 pilots.

epmode

Segata Sanshiro said:
AAI was interesting but it's shocking how badly the pacing was fucked up by not having the adventure segments broken up by court.
100% on point

I also hated how the HUGE MYSTERY in the game revolved around an international smuggling ring. So, so boring.

Ridley327

TruePrime said:
Why would they add more G Gundam, the fact is outside of UC the AU's are balanced right now with the exception being CE which gets 3 Main suits and 5 pilots.
Because G Gundam is awesome and everything else sucks.

hamchan

Segata Sanshiro said:
I would much rather have had Apollo 2 with some gameplay improvements from AAI. AAI was interesting but it's shocking how badly the pacing was fucked up by not having the adventure segments broken up by court.
The last case in AAI was dreadful. I was really enjoying all the cases until then.

TruePrime said:

Blerp! Blap! Bloop! All I'm seeing is high level Gundam nerd crap.

2u47j9e.jpg

OR GTFO!

Ridley327 said:

Let's give the haters the Shining Finger! :D

Beth Cyra

Ridley327 said:

Yeah and it has a boss in game already which gives it a leg up over something like Turn A and Wing.

The only thing I am worried about is the Combined Story mode, if it is like the first one then I will be happy, if it is like 2 then I will be pissed.

TreIII

Takao said:
Clearly CC2 is making a Megaman fighting game.

Either that, or they're actually the ones making Rockman DASH (Megaman Legends) 3 for Capcom. :lol

Wouldn't surprise me, considering how the original Tail Concerto, in a lot of ways, did a lot to resemble DASH.

Top Bottom