• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thor: Ragnarok Early Reactions

Dalek

I almost hope people hate this just so I can love it extra hard.

Oh, Stinkles. They already do.

They already do.

Professional film critics don't post their impressions on fucking Twitter

2a58ca21c0798458d4d416fe50ae13e0.gif

Bladelaw

The main problem for me is a lot of Marvel MCU movies post Avengers are great on a first watch and really show their flaws on a second watch.

The first Avengers and Winter Soldier for me are infinitely rewatchable. Other MCU movies not so much.

I think Iron Man 3 is actually better on a rewatch than it was the first time.

Maybe my tastes are boring but I've left every Marvel movie feeling like I got what I paid for. I agree with the general rankings about where the movies stand in relation to each other but it seems my bar for "enjoyable" is lower than most.

I'm looking forward to Ragnarok and I'm glad early impressions are positive.

Some people shitting up this thread lmao. Remember a few years back when the gaming industry was so dead afraid of the word "fun" that only Nintendo had the balls to use it? This level of immaturity is aggravating, honestly.

About damn time Marvel gets a little creative. This is the first Marvel movie in years (Besides GotG) that I care about. So excited to see it!

Azuran

Banned
Some people shitting up this thread lmao. Remember a few years back when the gaming industry was so dead afraid of the word "fun" that only Nintendo had the balls to use it? This level of immaturity is aggravating, honestly.

People are so pedantic about "fun".

Hey, go watch Trashman vs Supertrash: Dawn of Shit if you don't understand why that's an important quality in a film.

Excited to see this! I haven't seen any of the other Thor movies (not really interested in the premise), but this one looks fun! I like the whole retro games theme it has going on. I'm totally digging Thor's new haircut and Tessa Thompson is <3.

Hey, go watch Trashman vs Supertrash: Dawn of Shit if you don't understand why that's an important quality in a film.
I mean BvS is one of my least favourite films, but being fun isn't that important when it comes to film.

okdakor

Marvel with a memorable soundtrack? Yoooooooo! :O

Reposting from the MCU thread, but these 2 songs appear in the press kit :

Joe Harnell - The Lonely Man : link

I want Ruffalo walking with a backpack

Main title from Willy Wonka : Golden Ticket Pure imagination : link

"Movie is loaded with his tradrmark humor".
As if anyone has heard about him before he made Thor 3.

A) Some people enjoy films that don't come out of Hollywood
B) He had a hand in the excellent Flight if the Conchords

Just because you don't know the guy doesn't mean he doesn't have a particular style that some people are familiar with.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
It looks great but worried about it being focused on comedy like GotG 2 was. I felt a lot of GotG 2 scenes were undermined by the humor in a lot of ways. I think Chris Hemsworth "get it", and will be able to deliver though.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
yeah but what does petyr feel about it

95382ea250697532241c87e06fcd689d.gif

lol. I love this movie. I need to watch it again, actually. I’m glad to see people are liking the movie. This and Star Wars are my most anticipated for the last half of the year. Taika Waititi is great, and I’m glad they let him do his thing on Thor.

I think Iron Man 3 is actually better on a rewatch than it was the first time.

Maybe my tastes are boring but I've left every Marvel movie feeling like I got what I paid for. I agree with the general rankings about where the movies stand in relation to each other but it seems my bar for "enjoyable" is lower than most.

I'm looking forward to Ragnarok and I'm glad early impressions are positive.

Iron Man 3 is great. It's basically a Shane Black film, and really clever points at too. Definitely in the higher-half of my Marvel ranking, which tends to change from time to time, since the series is still of course, ongoing.

Oh god. Hype effectively deflated.

It's what Waititi probably wanted. At least it's not another RC power anthem style score. The theme could be cool too. I wasn't super-looking forward to it though, just mildly interested, given that Mothersbaugh has never scored a blockbuster before.

Alastor3

You should re-watch BvsS the revamp version they did with the release of the DVD because it's a good movie.

Is this the same scene that's in like a city alley in the previous trailer?

Yeah, seems they've changed up where/when in the movie that happens.

edit: I also love the idea of Hela giving no fucks and just ambushing Thor & Loki while they ride the bifrost. She's gonna be bad ass.

jb1234

It's what Waititi probably wanted. At least it's not another RC power anthem style score. The theme could be cool too. I wasn't super-looking forward to it though, just mildly interested, given that Mothersbaugh has never scored a blockbuster before.

I had an visceral reaction because I HATED Stranger Things' music. But being a film, I imagine this will still have a heavy orchestral presence so I'm going to wait and see what Mothersbaugh came up with.

Top Bottom