• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan rated. (Activision, Platinum Games, PC/PS4/XB1/360/PS3)

Takao

Banned
Mar 19, 2009
Toronto, Canada
http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=rq3o1+vToJ10DsvQBTdCEw%3d%3d&ncdctx=045pcNnoBtjCCTAFQiaXZg%2fBxNGMItwAbF2%2f166G4mlqawLmVA0tWHsHBG9lWpXU
https://twitter.com/AusVGClass/statuses/671463848898125824

There's also a new Suikoden III rating. I dunno what's up with that. Native PS4/PSV port or do studios really need to re-rate all their PS2 Classics for PS4?

edit: Oh, nvm. Looks like Suikoden III isn't out in Australia on PS3 yet. Probably just that.

edit #2: Same platform set as Transformers according to the Brazilian board:

Rated a few weeks ago in Brazil. It's coming to PS4, PS3, 360, One and PC!

edit #3: Not my thread title, but it should be pointed out that Australia's M rating is equivalent to an ESRB T.

KarmaCow

Sep 13, 2009
Is there a TMNT movie coming or something?

Serious question: why is acti of all people giving Platinum work.

It's making me concerned.
There's a guy at Activision who is a fan of Platinum and they've had success together since Korra.

Experien

Jan 29, 2014
USA
The turtles can be dark! At times I even wonder how they get away with some of the stuff in the new TMNT cartoon.

Also,
they recently killed Donatello in the comic

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Feb 24, 2013
Toronto
What? WHAT!?

Please be a big budget title. 4 fully fledged movesets with a proper artstyle will be insane!

TreIII

May 15, 2006
DREAMS DO COME TRUE.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

If it's anything like TFormers, but with a bigger budget and longer campaign...I may never take such a game out of my PS4 again.

Nephtes

Jun 6, 2014
Legend of Korra, Transformers Devastation, and now TMNT? (Not to mention *GASP* an Xbox One exclusive dragon game...)

Is Platinum getting little, I don't know... "mercenary", this gen?

sixclaws

Banned
May 9, 2010
Serious question: why is acti of all people giving Platinum work.

It's making me concerned.
Don't know if things have changed but I remember hearing a couple of years ago that Platinum are pretty good at keeping their project budgets low.

KingV

Jul 30, 2004
Megaton! I hope it's not a Korra-level effort.

Acti probably likes them because Platinum is known for being able to work quickly and cheaply.

They also have a very dedicated fanbase that will buy their games. I have no idea how big this fanbase is, but I'm gonna guess that every Platinum game hits a couple hundred thousand sales on day 1 just from Platinum fans alone.

Edit: kinda not surprising their budgets are low, they have a formula that they rehash with slight tweaks for most of their licensed action games. It's an awesome formula, don't get me wrong, but you can feel the derivativeness of say Transformers or Korra.