• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan rated. (Activision, Platinum Games, PC/PS4/XB1/360/PS3)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Serious question: why is acti of all people giving Platinum work.

It's making me concerned.

Platinum gives a game legitimacy and they are one of the few Japanese developers with their heads on straight. I bet in a bang-for-buck calculation they come up pretty highly. Gotta remember these guys saved MGS:Rising and did it both quicker and better than Konami could have imagined.

On one hand, nice to see this partnership continuing.

On the other hand, since Transformers only just released, this is probably the Korra team.

Should be interesting to see what style they go with here, though.

Won't touch DA GAWD tho

TMTN3_CoverArt.jpg

That isn't TMNT 4.

They're flexible. They can work with smaller budgets and dev cycles, they can handle multiple projects at a time and they've proven to be adept at handling a wide range of tones and styles. Plus they're critically acclaimed so it rubs some goodwill off on Acti.

antitrop

Holy motherfuck

I was just playing Transformers yesterday and said to myself "I hope someone lets them do a Ninja Turtles game like this"

RK128

Ever since Kora was a hit for them, Platinum and Activision have a deal which they work on a game based on an IP they have the game rights too every year (at least it seems that way).

So if this streak continues, it will work like this:
-2014: Legend of Korra
-2015: Transformers Devastation
-2016: TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan
-2017: Spider-Man (they own the game rights I think?)
-2018: G.I. Joe or Transformers Devastation 2
-2019: TMNT 2/Spider-Man 2

Toki767

I would be okay if Activision just gave Platinum Games all of their licensed IP.

Spider-Man/Spider-Gwen next.

Or X-Men. Someone has to put that license to use.

TreIII

If it at all meant that we were going to get a game styled more after the Mirage or IDW runs, that'd be an answer to a prayer.

And maybe FINALLY get TMNT out of the "gaming ghetto" that it's been in for like the last decade or so.

Scavenger

Please let it be based on the 2K3 series. It's my favorite incarnation of the TMNT and I think Platinum can do something amazing in the 2K3 style.

Skilletor

Ever since Kora was a hit for them, Platinum and Activision have a deal which they work on a game based on an IP they have the game rights too every year (at least it seems that way).

If only we could get a Korra game with a decent budget. :(

Will see. I hope the game ends up being good but for once I imagine Ubi could have been better for a new TMNT game. Ubi Art Teams especially when I think about what they could do with the 2012 TV artstyle.

Edit : lol
Please let it be based on the 2K3 series. It's my favorite incarnation of the TMNT and I think Platinum can do something amazing in the 2K3 style.

MtZ9N.gif

Regiruler

They're flexible. They can work with smaller budgets and dev cycles, they can handle multiple projects at a time and they've proven to be adept at handling a wide range of tones and styles. Plus they're critically acclaimed so it rubs some goodwill off on Acti.

I was really thinking the other way around. Activision has been known to be a brutal publisher, and Platinum liks to have more control than what is typical of an Activision studio. Why would Platinum continue to work with them?

Maybe they could do something with X Men too?

RK128

On one hand, nice to see this partnership continuing.

On the other hand, since Transformers only just released, this is probably the Korra team.

Should be interesting to see what style they go with here, though.

Isn't the Korra team the same one that made Transformers?

Either way, Korra suffered due to being rushed and not having enough development time (likely was only worked for 6-8 Months before being released).

Give that team more development time (two years if they didn't make Transformers) and they have more then enough time to make a fantastic TMNT game :).

Top Bottom