• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT2 Set Photos reveals New Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damn, all of those concept art pics from the first pics are so perfect aside from the Turtles looking old with the wrinkles. Bebop, Rocksteady & Shredder looked perfect there, why didn't they go with those for the first film from the beginning?

They can still redeem themselves by making everyone look more like those concept art pics for the sequel though.

Azubah

The first movie wasn't very good, but it was fun to watch. For everything they got wrong they at least got the interactions with the brothers right.

18210629575_508edd9ed1.jpg

UaWlZlx.gif

Trojan X

Banned
All I have to say is one thing... Will the Turtles actually fight using martial arts now?? The only time we ever saw them use martial arts was when they were training in their younger days. Ninjas my ass.

guek

Banned
Did anyone else find it funny how the first one shits all over Leo? Seriously, the guy gets stomped over and over again and has no stand out scenes. He's not even the one to land the big blow to Shredder, that's Raph, and they only follow Leo's plan because Raph backs it.

G-Fex

Did anyone else find it funny how the first one shits all over Leo? Seriously, the guy gets stomped over and over again and has no stand out scenes. He's not even the one to land the big blow to Shredder, that's Raph, and they only follow Leo's plan because Raph backs it.

Also he gets tazed by four foot soldiers at the same time.

Kurdel

Banned
Watching the first movie right now for the first time.

The face is really plasticky looking and totally unrealistic, can't believe they cast Meghan Fox in this :(

Crud

Banned
Saying it now this will be better than the first Bayturtles. This is actually coming together fine. The first film blew but somehow I enjoyed watching it. Strange stuff.

tenchir

Wow, I seem to remember that most of GAF called Megan Fox rat face when she was in transformer or something. How things change.

Sojgat

Its going to suck just like the first one, there is no hope for this film unless they completely start off clean.

For the most part, the stuff with the turtles themselves was alright. If this movie has three to four times as much of that, it might be... alright.

Sou Da

They need to shrink the turtles this time around, their size actually hurt the action scenes last movie. Megan looks good and all but scenes like that lead me to believe she won't really be anymore likeable this time around.

I'm always like wtf when ppl say the new tmnt was lame. It was ok, nowhere near transformers level of bad.

Much more entertaining than the boring old ones that people live to praise where the turtles didn't even have distinct personalities.

I'll be the odd man out on this one.
It's not as bad as Bay's Transformers, but what is?
It's still shit though. Like scraps of discarded plotlines and scenes scraped together and mashed into a bland paste. I'm not sure what you mean by the Turtles not having distinct personalities in the old movies either... Unless you're confusing shades, doo-rags and nerdy glasses for 'personality'.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
They show the characters as humans, and the concept art shows then mutated, so that means they are getting mutated at some point.

Christ people, and then you wonder why this movies are so in your face.

this so much.

They need to shrink the turtles this time around, their size actually hurt the action scenes last movie.

This. Due the turtles being eight to nine feet tall we didn't get to see much ninja action, it was more like transformers action. We should be able to see a punch that doesn't send a foot soldier flying twenty feet.

I'm glad to see that the filmmakers are getting some aspects right thus far on the sequel, I've got to admit though, it's interesting how noticeable the reshoots were in the first film are. You can tell the film in its original state took many liberties with the turtles lore and the filmmakers realized they fucked up. The movie is almost worth a watch for that alone.

Sojgat

They need to shrink the turtles this time around, their size actually hurt the action scenes last movie. Megan looks good and all but scenes like that lead me to believe she won't really be anymore likeable this time around.

Agreed. The turtles seem like they were designed to fight MechaShredder™, not normal sized humans. If they don't reduce their size a bit, they're going to look really stupid fighting Brian Tee Shredder. Like four bullies beating up on a little kid.

Unless

SuperShredder.jpg

It's not as bad as Bay's Transformers, but what is?
It's still shit though. Like scraps of discarded plotlines and scenes scraped together and mashed into a bland paste. I'm not sure what you mean by the Turtles not having distinct personalities in the old movies either... Unless you're confusing shades, doo-rags and nerdy glasses for 'personality'.

Nope! Original movies turtles were bland and all acted the same.

Even as a kid I thought man these movies are cheesy. New tmnt movie is 100X better.

Ppl are mad because it doesn't stuck to the source material...which I understand. But I'd still rather watch it than any of the originals.

They need to shrink the turtles this time around, their size actually hurt the action scenes last movie.

The Turtles were pretty much mini-Hulks. Their super strength pretty much relegated Ninjitsu to the background. The fact they were freaking BULLET PROOF really took away from any possible danger they could be in.

Leo saved April and Vern from the cliff drop in the snow mountain scene.

Odoul

The first was merely mediocre and not the complete piece of Michael Bay diarrhea I was expecting.

The changes in the sequel have only been for the better. Earth to Echo actually had the perfect brother/friend dynamics a Turtles movie needs.

ultrazilla

So Bebop and Rocksteady look pretty much dead on in "human form". I really hope they'll mutate into their monster forms during the movie. First movie was pretty damn good. Looking forward to the sequel.

breadtruck

I want them like this in the sequel so bad! Always disappointed me as a kid when each movie came out without them.

Same here. When they had Tokka and Rahzar I was like "well, these guys are ok I guess, but why couldnt they have Rocksteady and Bebop!?!"

Lets see if they do this right

ezekial45

Banned
Looking good! The first movie was pretty fun, and I like what they're doing with this one. So glad to see OG April coming back.

Well I didn't say he was completely useless

You said he had no standout scene. That was Leo's. Don't get me wrong, the fact that you forgot about that says volumes. Leo didn't have that many great scenes, but his entrance was pretty good. His design was also the least ugly. Heck, I think his design was easily the best. That's what he gets for being the least ugly.

Mikey stood out for all the wrong reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom