• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today 27 years ago Spaceballs came out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokterian

I have seen this movie many many times. And mel brooks is also a genius when it comes to parody movies. Even today it still holds up with all those jokes and rick moranis as Dark Helmet. Lonestar Bill Pullman with his companion Barf played by John Candy. So many and awesome quotes that still hold.

spaceballs-52226580b0pwk9m.jpg

70548-spaceballs-gif-looking-backwar-EXKU.gif

y4DdggY.gif

Pizza the Hut! :p

nKiLb2L.gif

XWKnr1l.gif

What are your favorite memories of this movie?

May the Schwartz be with you!

One of my favorite movies of all time. I must've watched this every single day for an entire summer when I was a kid, so much so that I memorized the entire movie.

One of my favorite movies. However, I showed it off to my wife and she thought it was pretty cheesy.
And then I acknowledged its cheesiness.

I only own a few films, and this is one of them. It's so goddamn good.

Favourite scene is probably the diner/chest burster scene towards the end.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Rick Moranis was so good in that movie. Probably my favorite Mel Brooks movie, even ahead of Blazing Saddles.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I got the Mel Brooks Blu-ray Collection for cheap a few weeks back and was rewatching this, as well as some of his more obscure movies. I quite liked To Be or Not To Be, and it was fun to see one of Christopher Lloyd's relatively early roles.

B.K.

I really need to buy the DVD or Blu-Ray sometime. I always loved Spaceballs when I was a kid, but I don't think I've ever seen the whole thing before.

I got the Mel Brooks Blu-ray Collection for cheap a few weeks back and was rewatching this, as well as some of his more obscure movies. I quite liked To Be or Not To Be, and it was fun to see one of Christopher Lloyd's relatively early roles.

I like High Anxiety. Good Hitchcock spoof.

Tenumi

Banned
A silly film that excelled (at least in my opinion) at doing what it was supposed to do: Parody, and hilarity.

Amongst many scenes, I'll always love the "watching the movie to see where they went" bit.

Kyzer

Banned
A lot of the humor doesn't hold up now that I'm grown and can put the right shape into the right hole but I used to be a big fan

"There's only one man who would dare give me the raspberry! LONE STARR!......clunk......

"Merchendising, merchendising, where the real money from the movie is made!"

"Do you?"
"Yes"
"Do you?"
"Yes"
"Good, you're married, kiss her!"

So damn good.

Rich!

So good

The opening pan of that ship is the perfect example of something being funny, drawn out to the point where it's not funny anymore then drawn out even more to the point where it's suddenly hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom