• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today 27 years ago Spaceballs came out

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRios Zen

I like the Pullman reference in Independence Day to Eagle 5.

This has been on epic this month so catch it whenever I can. Probably too much for my 8 year old, but I still let him watch it.

This movie and History of the World Part 1 are Mel's finest.

giphy.gif

tumblr_mlsyfyvXPF1qcl8fjo1_500.gif

tumblr_lu6b7xtgwP1qdpdubo1_r1_500.gif

93135-its-good-to-be-the-king-gif-Me-f5bG.gif

Now I've had my laugh I feel old.

Wheeljack539

Gold Member
I like the Pullman reference in Independence Day to Eagle 5.

This has been on epic this month so catch it whenever I can. Probably too much for my 8 year old, but I still let him watch it.

It's been ages since I've seen ID. What was the reference?

And hey, I was 8 when I saw it as mentioned in my previous post. :p

TRios Zen

It's been ages since I've seen ID. What was the reference?

And hey, I was 8 when I saw it as mentioned in my previous post. :p

At the end of ID when Pullman (as president) is flying, his call sign is "Eagle 5", just a little shout-out to his Space Balls days.

There is so much to like about Spaceballs, hard for me to pick a favorite part. I think Rick Moranis NAILED Lord Helmet though. Funny in every scene he's in.

Schmitty

The part with the dolls is the greatest part of the movie.

Did you see anything?
No sir, I did not see you playing with your dolls again!
Good

Edit: I also remember reading somewhere that before Moranis quit acting, they planned on making a sequel called "Spaceballs 3: The Search for Spaceballs 2"

Edit: I also remember reading somewhere that before Moranis quit acting, they planned on making a sequel called "Spaceballs 3: The Search for Spaceballs 2"

I also remember hearing about "The Search for Part 2" but AFAIK it was just Brooks rattling the sabre to try and get more movies made. Moranis is on the record saying an offer was made to him around 89-90 to do the sequel but the money was too low.

Did you see anything?
No sir, I did not see you playing with your dolls again!
Good

Drewish princesses are often attracted to money & power and I have both and you know it.

Timeless

Blazing Saddles is great. Spaceballs, The Producers, and Young Frankenstein are just okay. Spaceballs has great gags that play well on YouTube, but in-between those gags there isn't much to like.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
When I get pissed off by the little things in life, I sometimes say to myself "I knew it, I'm surrounded by assholes" and it makes me smile :)

VoxPop

Havent seen this movie in ages but I remember absolutely loving it. Gonna give it a rewatch. Hopefully it holds up. Even the GIFs are getting me nostalgic.

Miguel81

I miss the Mel Brooks films from the 70s-early 90s, and SpaceBalls is at the top IMO. Comedic genius and his golden age was sublime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom