• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Warren: Insiders are backpedaling because not many inside MS know what Phil will say

GHG

Its done guys. It literally makes sense to pivot at this point. Nothing else to say. Series consoles and GP were a last try at a golden age in gaming, and a resurgence of AA diversity, and consumers rejected it.

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

Topher

Gold Member
Its done guys. It literally makes sense to pivot at this point. Nothing else to say. Series consoles and GP were a last try at a golden age in gaming, and a resurgence of AA diversity, and consumers rejected it.

AA diversity has been a thing on PC for a while so I don't think it is fair to say "consumers rejected it". And Series consoles and GP ain't going anywhere so.....

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
He didn't say insiders are backtracking, he's talking about the people insiders who have backtracked.

The rumors started around the time when As Duck Falls was being released on PlayStation and Shinobi said on Resetera that there will be more games released on PlayStation. We have more evidence of Hi-Fi Rush releasing on PS/Switch and Starfield is heavily rumored to be the next game. Insiders have said other games are being "considered," not that they're releasing on PlayStation.

So the full extent is unknown.

People thought Phil debunked the rumors weeks ago, but he there are no plans to release Game Pass on PlayStation or Switch, he never debunked the multiplatform rumors.

Phil hasn't said a word. He often debunks rumors after events, but he remained silent after Xbox Developer Direct. Now there's a Business update next week, which shows a difference in strategy for Xbox. Some insiders were spot on about Microsoft updating people about their strategy and it appears to have been moved up to next week.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
AA diversity has been a thing on PC for a while so I don't think it is fair to say "consumers rejected it". And Series consoles and GP ain't going anywhere so.....
Post the smug gif from that guy from the office, then I will be fully defeated. 😔 you know the one.

Topher

Gold Member
I'm just saying, my position is the same its been for 3 years. MS is pushing AA games or even A games mainstream. That and a cheap console. That to me is a golden age. It got rejected. Even when I agree with you guys I get sass. I know PC exists. It doesnt discount anything I said.

I ain't giving you sass bro. Just made a point. Take it easy man.

GHG

I'm just saying, my position is the same its been for 3 years. MS is pushing AA games or even A games mainstream. That and a cheap console. That to me is a golden age. It got rejected. Even when I agree with you guys I get sass. I know PC exists. It doesnt discount anything I said.

A and AA games have been hitting the big time on PC for well over a decade now. Microsoft aren't doing anything special in that area, even on their very own consoles the AA and A games get overshadowed by the usual bunch of popular AAA games (as evidenced by the top sellers and most played lists).

As for the "cheap" console, you're very much getting what you pay for as far as hardware capability is concerned. The Switch is "cheap" too (as will Nintendo's next console) and the same applies there.

GP and even MS 1st party elevated AA gaming. I didnt say that is all AA gaming. I just wish people gave me 10% charity to try and hear what I'm saying.

Like what exactly? Give examples.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Like what exactly? Give examples.
Do it yourself. Look at MS games list.

Save me from these pointless clarifications. Dont agree if you dont. But its clear what I am saying.
That's fine, but "consumers rejected" is an extremely broad statement. That was my only point. It's fine.
Fine. Im talking about consoles in shorthand and generalizing industry trends broadly. Just let me make a point. This is why I bought Series consoles. Sony is all AAA. I literally dont know why I have to fight on even this. Its exhausting.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Dude....go to bed.
Literally everyone says Sony won because they have superior AAA games
Fine. I agree that seems to be the market judgement. I say MS is pushing a cheaper console and AA games and everyone acts like Im nuts. Im sick of your smug dismissive attitude. Im saying what I think from my perspective and it doesnt even contradict the mainstream narrative. Tell your fucking kid to go bed. So full of yourself. Im 42.

XXL

Do it yourself. Look at MS games list.

Save me from these pointless clarifications. Dont agree if you dont. But its clear what I am saying.

Fine. Im talking about consoles in shorthand and generalizing industry trends broadly. Just let me make a point. This is why I bought Series consoles. Sony is all AAA. I literally dont know why I have to fight on even this. Its exhausting.
You kind of pissed off lately Miku.
Happy You Can Do It GIF by pikaole

XXL

Fine. I agree that seems to be the market judgement. I say MS is pushing a cheaper console and AA games and everyone acts like Im nuts. Im sick of your smug dismissive attitude. Im saying what I think from my perspective and it doesnt even contradict the mainstream narrative. Tell your fucking kid to go bed. So full of yourself. Im 42.
Mental Health Love GIF by Mat Voyce

Del_X

My guess:
- Xbox becomes a semi-open platform that runs windows and Xbox game launcher. They accidentally make Steam machines a thing because you can just install whatever.
- Games released on all platforms basically around the same time
- Some goodies for the Xbox storefront

Also they sue other platforms over the “gatekeeper” EU laws since they make an open platform.

kyoji

LMFAO noway this is real, dude really thinks gaming and diversity in AA games revolve around gamepass. I had to go look up delusion in websters after reading this.

Last edited:

JimRyanGOAT

Watch next week their gonna drop a top-tier showcase with hella games and then go on record and say Xbox exclusives will always be home to Xbox and not other consoles and the crowd goes crazy

Media is back on Xbox side

Xbox ends up outselling PS5 30:1 for the next 128 months

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
Watch next week their gonna drop a top-tier showcase with hella games and then go on record and say Xbox exclusives will always be home to Xbox and not other consoles and the crowd goes crazy

Media is back on Xbox side

Xbox ends up outselling PS5 30:1 for the next 128 months
talking homer simpson GIF

Topher

Gold Member

lol....wow. I'm really not sure what it was that I said that got under your skin bro but it ain't worth all this. Sorry for the "go to bed" crack.

Be strong, buddy. People of your kind are dropping like flies. We need you as we need competition

Punished Miku

Gold Member
lol....wow. I'm really not sure what it was that I said that got under your skin bro but it ain't worth all this. Sorry for the "go to bed" crack.
MS is putting out more AA games. Its not selling well. I literally didnt say anything controversial at all. This is what bugs me. But fine I'll let it go. My rational point is already muddied and a joke, thanks to you.

kyoji

xbox fandom in a nutshell man, these dudes whole lives 'seem' to revolve around how xbox is perceived, and thats why they take it so hard and things are coming full circle for xbox. All these years of cap'n when the data clearly didnt reflect what these guys were tooting on game forums and twitter in there little echo chambers is now coming to a head and its time to pay the piper.

As i said in another thread a week or so ago, i expect alot of account suicides in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom