• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Warren: Insiders are backpedaling because not many inside MS know what Phil will say

IDappa

I don’t think losing their minds really. There were some people who were upset, but not to this degree. There’s def Sony fanboys, don’t get me wrong, I just don’t think they’re as scary insane as Xbox influencers and fans.
Yeah it is slightly concerning seeing these guys lose their shit over it all. This is coming from a primarily Xbox focused guy, however I’ve always owned all systems because games are fun and that’s what I think a lot of these hardcore fanboys have forgotten. It’s not so serious.

TBiddy

I'm taking that as sarcasm, in which case I hear you, it's a silly picture with some gamers that are probably excited to discus gaming with someone that connected.

On the topic of the thread, this is really one of the craziest situations. I just spent like 20 minutes trying to hunt down any specific information about any of this and it just seems like nothing goes back to anything, other than what are traditionally Xbox friendly twitter accounts and blogs (the more PS oriented accounts jumped in afterwords of course). I'm not sure why they all just randomly started spreading this around other than to give some Xbox fans heart attacks. Did MS tip them off to something upcoming and they didn't like it so they thought creating a bit of a scene might cause a u-turn (like with the gold price increase)? Outside of that, I don't see the end game in potentially starting fud campaigns against the brands you generally follow, they could be negatively influencing buying decisions etc. Especially since these are generally Xbox friendly accounts where the followers might tend to believe what is reported since these guys have sources/connections inside Xbox. I'd honestly toss aside the whole thing if it weren't for the "business update" thing. Would MS really want the influencers to break the news this way?

The whole thing is super weird.

Definitely sarcasm. I don't get why that picture is a problem, but I suppose it depends on how warriorish one tends to be. I agree about the rest as well.

MarkMe2525

I don’t think losing their minds really. There were some people who were upset, but not to this degree. There’s def Sony fanboys, don’t get me wrong, I just don’t think they’re as scary insane as Xbox influencers and fans.
I remember many getting banned and starting another forum. Sony porting their games to PC was not the sole issue, but for some, it was the straw that broke the Camels back. Some banned Xbox fanatics found there way over there as well.

I've visited this other place and quickly noped out of there. It is a concentration of some of the more extreme partisan voices we have had on here. I'm sure it's not all bad, as rarely anything is, but I wouldn't say it represents a beacon of mindful and considered discussion.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Its done guys. It literally makes sense to pivot at this point. Nothing else to say. Series consoles and GP were a last try at a golden age in gaming, and a resurgence of AA diversity, and consumers rejected it.
Dog Reaction GIF

S0ULZB0URNE

I remember many getting banned and starting another forum. Sony porting their games to PC was not the sole issue, but for some, it was the straw that broke the Camels back. Some banned Xbox fanatics found there way over there as well.

I've visited this other place and quickly noped out of there. It is a concentration of some of the more extreme partisan voices we have had on here. I'm sure it's not all bad, as rarely anything is, but I wouldn't say it represents a beacon of mindful and considered discussion.
Why mention the other place at all, especially if you don't like it?

They waited WAY too fucking long to address this and now the rumors are manifesting into reality. They just literally spent ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS to save the Xbox brand and that has all been undone by a week of unchecked shitposting. I traded in my Series X earlier today at GameStop and they only gave me $250 for it lmao.

Adios Xbox, those Halo LAN days and the H2/H3 midnight launches are still some of my fondest memories.

The reason MS staff in Xbox don’t know what Phil is going to say is because Phil doesn’t know what he’s going to say yet.

Amy Hood does tho. She’s looking at this through the prism of a holiday season where their loss-making hardware was discounted to an even bigger loss & still lost 2:1 to its main competitor in its primary market. A prism where MS - not Xbox, let’s remember thst - just spent $70bn on acquiring a huge set of costs plus the expenditure on lawyers, PR, lobbyists, burning political capital etc it took to get that deal through. That’s on top of the money already spent getting GP off the ground, buying Bethesda, clearly running it at an operational loss for more than half a decade.

Satya was sold on the vision that Phil tailored for him, knowing Satya is all in on the SaaS model. Amy Hood will now be rattling the coin box at that vision & saying ‘Where’s the money coming from. Phil?’

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The reason MS staff in Xbox don’t know what Phil is going to say is because Phil doesn’t know what he’s going to say yet.

Amy Hood does tho. She’s looking at this through the prism of a holiday season where their loss-making hardware was discounted to an even bigger loss & still lost 2:1 to its main competitor in its primary market. A prism where MS - not Xbox, let’s remember thst - just spent $70bn on acquiring a huge set of costs plus the expenditure on lawyers, PR, lobbyists, burning political capital etc it took to get that deal through. That’s on top of the money already spent getting GP off the ground, buying Bethesda, clearly running it at an operational loss for more than half a decade.

Satya was sold on the vision that Phil tailored for him, knowing Satya is all in on the SaaS model. Amy Hood will now be rattling the coin box at that vision & saying ‘Where’s the money coming from. Phil?’
Phil does as does several within the Xbox camp

Would be my guess at this point anyhow

VAVA Mk2

Will be hilarious if these XBox YouTubers next week find out Microsoft DOESN'T announce yet anything remotely close to the rumors and they sold all their shit for no reason (at this time).

Spyxos

Gold Member
They waited WAY too fucking long to address this and now the rumors are manifesting into reality. They just literally spent ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS to save the Xbox brand and that has all been undone by a week of unchecked shitposting. I traded in my Series X earlier today at GameStop and they only gave me $250 for it lmao.

Adios Xbox, those Halo LAN days and the H2/H3 midnight launches are still some of my fondest memories.
But you've also overreacted, you put too much stock into rumors.

Top Bottom