• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 211 OT - Stipe "Immigrant Mentality" Miocic vs Junior "Cigano" dos Santos

Syder

z4Ozibz.png

Maoyama

Banned
Woodley vs Maia has potential to be one of the worst title fights ever

Why? I don't get it, I really dont?

Woodley vs Thompson is an awfull matchup because it feeds into both fighters absolutely worst tendencies. But Woodley vs Maia sets up an amazingly interesting fight.

Levito

Banned
Bummed Aldo vs Conor 2 will probably never happen, I don't even think Aldo would win but I'd like to see him get more of a chance

Bad match up for Woodley. He isn't going to use his wrestling cuz Maia can hurt him off his back. I also think Maia can withstand Woodley's mediocre striking and clinch it up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Forgot this was on because of football celebrations. How excited should I be for these co-main events?

The PS4 Live Even player has been flawless tonight so that's good news. HD with no buffering issues at all. Seems Sony is doing better at handling the PPV load recently

Bad match up for Woodley. He isn't going to use his wrestling cuz Maia can hurt him off his back. I also think Maia can withstand Woodley's mediocre striking and clinch it up.

I see the exact opposite. Woodley has insane wrestling and will have zero respect for Maia on the feet. I think he just marches him down and KOs him pretty early. I think it will look kinda like the Woodley vs Koscheck fight

Guru-Guru

Banned
Forgot this was on because of football celebrations. How excited should I be for these co-main events?
They both should be great, and really close. Andrade is JJ's toughest fight yet, and Stipe already had a really close fight with JDS (which he lost) a couple years back.

I'd take him on, words are just that i know. But you can bet that if i could (and the opportunity arose) i'd take him on no sweat.

Maia could actually kill you if he wanted to.

And that's not a joke. He could wrap your neck in seconds and not let go until you were dead if he felt like it. So tough guy acts are cool on the internet but he could do whatever he wanted with you if you gave him the chance

Levito

Banned
The UFC is so stupid for never booking the champions in the home counties/towns. Imagine JJ headlining a Poland card.

Afrikan

No respect for the sport. Go watch tennis

I'm just a fan who hates fighters who spam take downs.

Yeeeeears ago I felt they should give you points for stoping a takedown.

More points than a successful takedown.

That would make a fight think twice at just diving at a fighter's feet... over and over.

Only hoping to get closer to keep spaming sub attempts wasting time.

You should just watch BJJ, instead of telling me I should just watch tennis. If this sport was nothing but takedown spams with endless sub attempts. It wouldn't be continue to be successful and move up, let alone stay at the position it is.

It's the other way around.

Jiujitsu types don't deal well with wrestlers.

Woodley's striking is much better than you give him credit for. The man stood and arguably beat Wonderboy on the feet, knocked Robbie Lawler dead before that, beat Gastelum, who's got excellent striking, beat Condit on the feet and got a TKO of an injury he inflicted - Woodley has fought the top guys his entire career.

Maia getting knocked out.

Dysun

Why? I don't get it, I really dont?

Woodley vs Thompson is an awfull matchup because it feeds into both fighters absolutely worst tendencies. But Woodley vs Maia sets up an amazingly interesting fight.

If Woodley fights conservatively like he did in his last fight its going to be a dreadful affair. Maia won't be able to take him down or trade strikes. The fight hinges on Woodley engaging

manfestival

I don't see why people are complaining about Maia. Every fighter knows EXACTLY what he's going to do. He's going to charge his 40 year old dad bod to each fighter and try to take them down. It should be pretty easy for these bigger, younger fighters to counter that, right?
7 wins in a row

dopplr

The prelims were awesome. The Frankie fight was the only good one on the main card so far. Hoping these title fights are good.

Prelims have been amazing for a while now. These PPV's are very largely hit and miss. Very weird.

Go JJ - hopefully she wins, a favorite fighter of mine.

Maoyama

Banned
I'm just a fan who hates fighters who spam take downs.

Yeeeeears ago I felt they should give you points for stoping a takedown.

More points than a successful takedown.

That would make a fight think twice at just diving at a fighter's feet... over and over.

Only hoping to get closer to keep spaming sub attempts wasting time.

You should just watch BJJ, instead of telling me I should just watch tennis. If this sport was nothing but takedown spams with endless sub attempts. It wouldn't be continue to be successful and move up, let alone stay at the position it is.

Defense is its own reward. This is an offese based sport, You get nothing out of defenind but the fact that benefit of not getting punched or put on the ground.

Also, how popular is kickboxing? Cause last I heard no one is following it. MMA is what it is in part because it allows you to just do whatever you want.

How did it go down? As sherdog is usually crazy itself, I don't really trust their opinions on what went down lol.

Masvidal offered nothing, right?

Dr.Acula

Banned
I'm pretty sure I could take one of those 12 year old kids they made fight on an MMA card in Russia that one time. Maybe...

Syder

I was using hyperbole, but the fact you had to go back to a card from last October is telling.
I feel like booking it requires a lot of planning but they do it when they can. Gustafsson's next fight is in Stockholm, for example.

manfestival

It's the other way around.

Jiujitsu types don't deal well with wrestlers.

Woodley's striking is much better than you give him credit for. The man stood and arguably beat Wonderboy on the feet, knocked Robbie Lawler dead before that, beat Gastelum, who's got excellent striking, beat Condit on the feet and got a TKO of an injury he inflicted - Woodley has fought the top guys his entire career.

Maia getting knocked out.
yo gastelum got robbed. He deserved the w that fight

How did it go down? As sherdog is usually crazy itself, I don't really trust their opinions on what went down lol.

Masvidal offered nothing, right?

Weird fight. Masvidal got the better on the feet but he didn't push anything. Maia used his game more than Jorge did.

Seemed pretty clear Maia won but I get why someone would pick Masvidal

lol. Love the Street Fighter kind-of uppercut pose.

Hey, grumpy face touched gloves! I don't know why, but I really judge someone heavily when they don't touch gloves.

Top Bottom