• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC on Fox - Velasquez vs. Dos Santos - HW Championship - 11.12.11 - 6pm P/9pm E

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShaneB said:
Heh, well yes, I'm happy as hell!!

I'm speaking in general, if that was my introduction to UFC, I'm not sure what I'd think.
Anything not involving dudes spending 4 straight minutes on the mat = good for UFC.

Beardz

overeem-zoom-in-o.gif

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Lame.. Fox can't like this at all.. it wasn't even a good highlight reel KO. Even shit boxers don't get by overhand roundhouse right hands likethat. Joke.

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
Lol never would imagine the winner would complain about not being 100%

ShaneB

Le-mo said:
I literally walked into a bar expecting to see the fight and all I got was the replay of the knockout. The fuck.

The broadcast was scheduled for 9pm, and you show up at like 9:40? What did you expect?

EYEL1NER

35 minutes into a televised event before the first punch gets thrown? Red carpet with celebrities getting more face time than fighters? The Fox Sports theme?

Probably won't watch UFC on Fox again.
With that said though, that fight went exactly how I thought it would. I like Cain, but there was no way I saw him winning that. So glad to see JDS finally get the belt, after getting dicked around and denied title shots or even contender fights for so long.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
charsace said:
If Brock beats Overeem it will be because he says fuck striking and goes for takedowns.

Brock will go for that takedown faster than GSP on LSD.

Boogie

rinse82 said:
So the new UFC Heavyweight champ just said he was scared on national tv, cool

Tyson himself said that he got scared before most of his fights. Fedor had said the same.

newsflash: the bravest, most decorated soldiers have also been scared shitless.

in short: stfu if you knock on people for being "scared"

rinse82

EYEL1NER said:
35 minutes into a televised event before the first punch gets thrown? Red carpet with celebrities getting more face time than fighters? The Fox Sports theme?

Probably won't watch UFC on Fox again.
With that said though, that fight went exactly how I thought it would. I like Cain, but there was no way I saw him winning that. So glad to see JDS finally get the belt, after getting dicked around and denied title shots or even contender fights for so long.
If they put the right fights on FOX, you'll be back

dream

djsandman said:
He's fooling himself if he thinks he can do that to Brock.

I like Brock in that fight too because he'll shoot and shoot and shoot until he gets JDS down.

rinse82 said:

I bet he'll be back for the next event.

He sounds like the people who used to complain about how many commercials UFC Fight Nights had and swore they would never watch them again, then do the same thing all over again a few months later.

Dmented

Banned
God this fight couldn't of gone any better. Ok, maybe a 1 second KO would be better but still.

So glad for Junior. Next up JDS vs Overeem!

ShaunBRS

Considering what a twenty-five minute HW fight could have been, a knock-out finish in the first round is hardly the worst outcome for anyone.

Bendo vs. Guida should have been on Fox as a co-main event, though.

djsandman said:
He's fooling himself if he thinks he can do that to Brock.

Said it before, will say it again...If Brock is truly healthy he'll kill the winner of this fight. In this case, JDS.

Brock will toss him down asap and sit on him for 5 rounds.

For the people saying this was terrible for Fox - this was just a teaser to give people a taste of what to expect. Obviously a one fight card is very unusual and won't be the norm going forward. The promo/discussion to fight ratio was way lopsided but in the future they're gonna do full cards. Plus I think a quick ko is more exciting to people than 5 5 minute rounds of lnp or grinding on a cage.

All I'm thinking is Brock lucked out by not facing Dos Santos. Also, anyone who complains about watching that fight should STFU because they got an amazing KO.

Jake.

i couldn't watch (live in australia and couldn't find a stream) but huge props to jds - really didn't think it would go that way.

Godslay said:
Strikeforce didn't have the brand recognition that the UFC does. It's not really a 1:1 comparison.
My point is the a quick KO like that is what UFC didn't want, this might sour fox on the idea of carrying UFC.

EYEL1NER

rinse82 said:
Oh, I'm sure I will; I'm just irritated right now. I was just fucking annoyed every minute that ticked by before the fight started.

Carton

Gold Member
Jake. said:
i couldn't watch (live in australia and couldn't find a stream) but huge props to jds - really didn't think it would go that way.

It was live on One. It's replaying tonight at 8pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom