• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC on Fox - Velasquez vs. Dos Santos - HW Championship - 11.12.11 - 6pm P/9pm E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Host Samurai said:
I am picking JDS because he has been much more dominant in his fights than Cain has. What he did to Nelson and Carwin was more impressive than Cain's wins. Cain beat an over the hill Nog and Lesnar, who actually was winning the fight till he got hit. I am really not sold on Cain yet.
Lolwut.jpg

yacobod said:
he doesn't seem to have a problem filming ufc promos while driving in his dream car a stereotypical gran torino, and hyping up his hard working mexican heritage.

i'm not criticizing him or the ufc however. fighting is always ethnically or racially driven. and the mexican fanbase is potentially huge for the ufc.
What ever happened to that bum that won TUF and got a sponsor with Bud, then was released by UFC?

Rafa=FedKilla said:
What ever happened to that bum that won TUF and got a sponsor with Bud, then was released by UFC?
I may be wrong here but are you talking about Efrain Escudero?

Also, god DAMN Cain is a fucking anti-personality. It's a good thing he's got an exciting fighting style but it's like he tries his hardest to give emotionless, robotic answers to EVERYTHING. He's worse than fucking GSP in this regard. I know I know, GSP's the biggest draw in the UFC next to Brock, yada yada.

yacobod said:
i'm not criticizing him or the ufc however. fighting is always ethnically or racially driven. and the mexican fanbase is potentially huge for the ufc.
Dana actually talked in this presser about just how global the UFC is in comparison to boxing where it doesn't matter what race someone is or where they're from. He cited the fact that they put on UFC 104 in LA with two Brazilians headlining and did very well and then put on UFC 113 in Montreal with two Brazilians (the same ones) and also did very well.

polyh3dron said:
Dana actually talked in this presser about just how global the UFC is in comparison to boxing where it doesn't matter what race someone is or where they're from. He cited the fact that they put on UFC 104 in LA with two Brazilians headlining and did very well and then put on UFC 113 in Montreal with two Brazilians (the same ones) and also did very well.
That is one thing I love about UFC. They don't pull the race card like boxing does. Look at all the fuss that was made because Yuri is a Jew.

Edi: the shit with Cain is all promotion though. If he keeps the belt it will die own.

RBH

--A lot of 2012 UFC plans were talked about by Dana White, Lorenzo Fertitta, and FOX execs like David Hill, Eric Shanks and George Greenberg. The plan starting in the new year will be four FOX specials which will air from 8:30 to 10 p.m. on Saturday nights, airing two or three fights. There will also be six live events that will be two hours in length airing on FX, and six live events on Fuel that will be three hours in length. For PPV shows, they will air the early prelim matches on Fuel, the last two prelims on FX and then go live on PPV.

--The most notable thing is that Fuel is going to be almost the UFC channel. They are planning on airing 2,000 hours of UFC programming next year, which, if you're keeping track, is five-and-a-half hours per day, and that number may go up more than down. It will include all kinds of taped shows, talk shows, Pride shows, UFC events, UFC prelims, and any international versions of Ultimate Fighter. So without changing its name, it's almost like it'll be the UFC network.

--Lorenzo Fertitta said that there are no plans to air two shows on the same night. Dana White had talked about it for 2/25, which would have been a FOX special as the lead-in for a PPV show. He said they could do it, it won't happen 2/25, but right now there are no plans for such a night.

--They also noted on Saturday's TV show, they won't be pushing UFC 139 that much, but will instead focus on pushing UFC 141 with Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem, with both appearing on the show, and pushing that the winner of Dos Santos vs. Velasquez faces the Lesnar vs. Overeem winner.

--White has been pushing Pacquiao vs. Marquez almost as good as the boxing promoters, talking about how you can sit at home Saturday night, watch the UFC heavyweight title fight, and then buy the Pacquiao PPV.
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...happen-saturday-ratings-storm-velasquez-helms

"I don't think guys from my generation"...Although to be fair Arum looks terrible for an 80 year old.

Those are funny quotes for someone who was so concerned about Dana's colorful language.

Plywood said:
In all seriousness, I would love for this to happen in the Cain v. JDS fight:

QViAw.gif

Also the Brock v. Reem fight.

It's nice to want things, I know.

Don Frye will never fail to bring a smile to my face.

Takayama is boss too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xw4uszLonU&feature=fvwrel
Yeah I know it's wrestling and all, but damn that looks painful.

parasight

The fan questions at the press conference were just embarrassing. Nothing as bad as the one in Toronto (Kizer and Mazzagatti being gay lovers), but still bad.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
TheNatural said:
Ugh, Fuel TV is getting events? Lame. Cable is too fucking expensive as it is, I wonder what the price of being a UFC fan and keeping up with every event without a pirate stream costs a year. Several thousand dollars I'm sure.
yeah fuel tv kinda reminds me of when Outdoor Life Network got NHL

sazabirules said:
And look what channel that is now. Versus.
NBC Sports

I wish UFC went to that instead of Fuel. It's somehow my best HD channel. The picture is so crystal clear that at times stuff almost looks 3D.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Maklershed said:
NBC Sports

I wish UFC went to that instead of Fuel. It's somehow my best HD channel. The picture is so crystal clear that at times stuff almost looks 3D.

I know I just didn't call it that since they aren't changing the name until January I thought.

yacobod

Banned
Maklershed said:
NBC Sports

well ya nbc has the best NFL sports feed. its absolutely pristine compared to fox's hd feed.

thefro

parrotbeak said:
He got a td, landed a knee and had standing back control for a second, iirc. Cain was on defense until he started completely dominating.

Agreed, Lesnar won the first minute or so. Not very smart for him to start off at Cain's pace though.

yacobod

Banned
man watching this weigh in i realized how bad this card sucks

like dream said, what's a heavy metal harvelson. and cans like cub swanson, demarques johnson, etc.

sucks that the guida/bendo fight isn't going to be aired anywhere. would be nice to see clay win his title shot.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
yacobod said:
man watching this weigh in i realized how bad this card sucks

like dream said, what's a heavy metal harvelson. and cans like cub swanson, demarques johnson, etc.

sucks that the guida/bendo fight isn't going to be aired anywhere. would be nice to see clay win his title shot.

You're right. That's never going to be shown anywhere. Not even on Fox Deportes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom