• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC on Fox - Velasquez vs. Dos Santos - HW Championship - 11.12.11 - 6pm P/9pm E

Status
Not open for further replies.

yacobod

Banned
Big fan favorite Clay Guida. Look at all that energy at the weigh ins.

Donthizz# said:
looks like bendo had a rough weight cut..

ya not sure how to look into that, he didn't even try to weigh in w/out going on the scale in his birthday seat. looked kinda drawn out. who knows.

Rur0ni

yacobod said:
Big fan favorite Clay Guida. Look at all that energy at the weigh ins.

ya not sure how to look into that, he didn't even try to weigh in w/out going on the scale in his birthday seat. looked kinda drawn out. who knows.
Who doesn't like a blanket?

yacobod

Banned
biggest heavyweight fight since Fedor vs Crocop. HYPE!!!!!!!!

cain needs to study some vintage Eddie Guerero promos so he can learn how to work a crowd. guy's borderline an anti-personality.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
What is with that dumbass Guida wearing 7,000 things to take off before the weigh-in?

VIVA LA MEXICO! (you are american)

Heel

Just caught the weigh-ins. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised by this undercard. Sure it lacks star power but there's some really great match ups here. Expect some fireworks.

Had no idea Rosa went to 205. Looks like a completely different person.

Boogie

I was thinking Cain at 249 was pretty heavy for him, but it's only 5 pounds more than he was for the Brock fight, which isn't much of a fluctuation for HW.

Bishman

Chamber said:
vzd3tl.jpg

Not sure about a winner for this one.
ROFL!

This fight can't come any sooner.

tass0

Banned
Messi said:
FUCK YOU SETANTA. YOU FUCKING PRICKS!

:( nooo one of the fights of the year and i can't watch.

Well, if you absolutely -must- watch it.

There are places on the Internet, y'know...

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Probably clutching at straws here, but anyone have any idea if this is being televised live in Taiwan?

is there seriously no option to watch this in most of europe? well that's a big fuck you for all those guys that bought almost all the PPV

Jamie OD

Messi said:
FUCK YOU SETANTA. YOU FUCKING PRICKS!

:( nooo one of the fights of the year and i can't watch.
Setanta Ireland (the free one) is showing the televised event, not Setanta Sports 1. Does that help?

ShaneB

sien916 said:
Just caught the weigh-ins. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised by this undercard. Sure it lacks star power but there's some really great match ups here. Expect some fireworks.

Had no idea Rosa went to 205. Looks like a completely different person.

Any time a card is dominated by lighter weight classes I'm happy. Should be plenty of fireworks indeed.

Also realized that Cub Swanson and Mackens Semerzier are on this card. They're not fighting each other again sadly, but their fight at wec 52 was absolutely awesome. Hope to see good things from those two again.

Jal

Fucking bollocks, was wondering why this wasnt on ESPN UK, guess i'll have to watch it on 'catch-up'.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Jal said:
Fucking bollocks, was wondering why this wasnt on ESPN UK, guess i'll have to watch it on 'catch-up'.
I think it's going to be free on Premier Sports, that's assuming you have Sky. Not sure why it's not on ESPN though.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
yacobod said:
wonder if anik asks conduit how he feels about losing his title shot and having to fight kos.
Speaking of anik, what happened to ESPN's MMA Live? Is it still around? I only catch it on Xbox, and the last one posted was the Bones Rampage fight, which feels like it was ages ago. Is the show dead because they can't find a replacement for Jon, or is the Xbox version behind on updates?

Karyn Bryant has a pretty good interview with Conduit asking that very question. She doesn't let him off easy with the follow up questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WhYm7uiEn0

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wait a minute wait a minute... i think i have FOX Sports. :0

dream

Some eyebrows were raised when Cain Velasquez weighed in at 249 pounds, and he did look a little softer then usual at that weight, because he usually fights between 235 and 244. Ariel Helwani asked Dana White a couple of days ago about a rumor of Velasquez being injured and White kind of acknowledged something happened but that he was fine now. I guess we'll see in a few hours.

oh boy ):

dream

sien916 said:
Much ado about nothing. When has Cain not looked a little soft? For all we know his weight is by design.

Dammit heel916, will you let me tell the angle of Cain being very badly injured, unable to train, and shouldn't be fighting at all and is only going through with it because it's on Fox?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Eggo said:
Speaking of anik, what happened to ESPN's MMA Live? Is it still around? I only catch it on Xbox, and the last one posted was the Bones Rampage fight, which feels like it was ages ago. Is the show dead because they can't find a replacement for Jon, or is the Xbox version behind on updates?

it's usually on at 2 in the morning. You can always catch it at espn.com
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7220241

painey

I bet on Cain. Anyone know what time the actual fight is gunna start.. obviously a 1hour show isnt going to open with the main event. Want to get wings to eat during the fight, don't wanna gobble em all up before a punch is thrown.

Heel

dream said:
Dammit heel916, will you let me tell the angle of Cain being very badly injured, unable to train, and shouldn't be fighting at all and is only going through with it because it's on Fox?

Ahhem...wow, what heart and tenacity from the young latino warrior. Will Cain escape the jaws of defeat with his back against the wall?! Only through the power of Brown Pride will he be able to overcome these insurmountable odds. His clear edge in cardio is slipping, and the ring rust cannot be escaped. These signs of weakness have surely emboldened his enemy with a new found confidence.

The stage is set for the greatest heavyweight fight in mixed martial arts history. Are you ready?

Az987

all good things
painey said:
I bet on Cain. Anyone know what time the actual fight is gunna start.. obviously a 1hour show isnt going to open with the main event. Want to get wings to eat during the fight, don't wanna gobble em all up before a punch is thrown.

I saw 9:35 somewhere but I don't remember where.

Heel

It's been brought to my attention that Cain has an uncanny resemblance to boxing legend Jack Dempsey.

2DBDU.jpg
LFvir.jpg

Freaky!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
sien916 said:
It's been brought to my attention that Cain has an uncanny resemblance to boxing legend Jack Dempsey.

2DBDU.jpg
LFvir.jpg

Freaky!
Yes neither understand Spanish

Why aren't the prelims starting? It's supposed to be 4:45 right?

EDIT: The UFC facebook page says the walkouts started already. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom