• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 hits PS4 on May 26th, $24.99: PS3 Stick Support Confirmed!

nikos

IT'S UP!

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...r-iv/cid=UP9012-CUSA01846_00-USF4DEV00104SCEA

RG0BS1U.gif

Maulik

i dunno man...something about having john cena on my controller lol...so the old ps3 fight pads will work ok i'm assuming?

That's what some have confirmed. I figure give it a shot and can always return to Amazon if need be. I feel you on the Cena art but it's either this or paying $40 for a pic of Ryu.

funkypie

Banned
Question about the mechanics of this game. What exactly are frame times and frame linking, when you hear of Criticism of this game, it's always to do with frame times or links, I have no idea what they are in fighting games.

I had sf4 vanilla at launch and sold it. I remember playing online and every fight was against saget. Why was he op? And how has he been nerfed.

I still can't find it on the Canadian PSN store lol. I mean I know it's going to take a year to download but wanted to get it started at least >.<

Edit: it would show up just as I type this haha

jacobeid

Banned
Question about the mechanics of this game. What exactly are frame times and frame linking, when you hear of Criticism of this game, it's always to do with frame times or links, I have no idea what they are in fighting games.

I had sf4 vanilla at launch and sold it. I remember playing online and every fight was against saget. Why was he op? And how has he been nerfed.

Read this in regards to your question about frame linking and the importance of it.

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Super_Street_Fighter_IV/Advanced_Techniques/Plinking

leehom

I guess it's only on the mobile site? Don't see it on the store from my pc.

Doesn't even let me sign in, keeps giving me a login error =/

On pc I only saw it under the main banner under the games section.

Also so good that it was $25 canadian as well I feel equal with my American friends lol

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
When I looked it up in the store, I saw I could just rent the game for $4.99 on ps now, why would anyone pay $25? Thanks Cerny.

Read this in regards to your question about frame linking and the importance of it.

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Super_Street_Fighter_IV/Advanced_Techniques/Plinking
Plinking is irrelevant to what he is asking about and probably way over his head. He's basically asking how to understand frame data. Im on mobile so I dont have a resource handy but you can google SF4 frame data and it will explain linking moves together. Understanding frames is a great way to understand how combos work and what is possible.

As far as Sagat goes he is way tamer now. Dont get bogged down in who is OP or who is popular, just play who you like and look for resources online to help you practice.

jacobeid

Banned
Plinking is irrelevant to what he is asking about and probably way over his head. He's basically asking how to understand frame data. Im on mobile so I dont have a resource handy but you can google SF4 frame data and it will explain linking moves together. Understanding frames is a great way to understand how combos work and what is possible.

As far as Sagat goes he is way tamer now. Dont get bogged down in who is OP or who is popular, just play who you like and look for resources online to help you practice.

Meh, I thought his questions about linking and timing were pretty relevant to plinking, but I agree that it's a bit of an advanced technique. Better to learn early on though.

Here's a little guide about frame data that may be more useful? http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2009/feb/17/how-read-frame-data-street-fighter-4/

Top Bottom