• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 hits PS4 on May 26th, $24.99: PS3 Stick Support Confirmed!

nikos

Regretting selling my 360. Only used it for SFIV and I'm pretty disappointed with the port so far. Hope things get ironed out, otherwise I may jump on PC again.

There weren't any graphical effects added.

Yea they were, Bisons Ultra 1 has more going on compared to the Xbox 360 version. They added a swirl effect when he is spinning. Theres a image affect added to his teleport that wasnt present in the 360 version either.

No, youre stating anecdotal opinions. Show me the facts that besides Capcom fighting games, netcode for fighters in general is better on XBL than on PSN.

PS3 fighters online are ghost towns compared to Xbox 360.

Anung

Un Rama
I'm not sure if its because I've only ever played this on a 360 pad but something feels off about this.

The input lag on the menu screens is particularly egregious.

That still doesnt prove your case. Honestly theres no way to prove it, I cant even think of a test to run to gather any evidence.

I think Live outperforms PSN in almost every perceivable way so I wouldnt be surprised if someone actally demonstrates it some day.

That still doesnt prove your case. Honestly theres no way to prove it, I cant even think of a test to run to gather any evidence.

I think Live outperforms PSN in almost every perceivable way so I wouldnt be surprised if someone actally demonstrates it some day.

It doesnt, theres a reason why all the top players play online on XBL over PSN. From personal experience I agree with those reasons.

Biker19

Banned
This is a big mess of a port.

Everyone who's planning to buy this on PS4, buy it on Steam or buy the physical copy of the game on Xbox 360 instead.

Shin-Ra

I am shocked. The recordings a day before release weren't a lie?

This looks like a pretty shitty quality port, like bare minimum stuff.
Don't really see how you can say that here.
It's so bad you can even see it through the YouTube shit bitrate filter.
What are you even talking about?
I find it hard to believe conclusions can be made about the port being subpar before the game is out.
Maybe we should allow them a patch or three before judging!
or simply wait until you have the game your self before judging.
thZg0m.gif

Onemic

Yea they were, Bisons Ultra 1 has more going on compared to the Xbox 360 version. They added a swirl effect when he is spinning. Theres a image affect added to his teleport that wasnt present in the 360 version either.

Really? For Arcsys fighters? Tekken?

I'd really only say this is probably true for NRS games.

Biker19

Banned
Really? For Arcsys fighters? Tekken?

I'd really only say this is probably true for NRS games.

On last gen, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, & (probably) MK 9 were more superior on Xbox 360. The rest of the fighters had no problem on the PS3.

80 minutes to go. This is why until pre-loading is on every new game, I'll still much prefer physical to digital.

Well various other reasons, but this is super annoying.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
My impressions:

- There's menu lag and it is absolutely unacceptable. You get slowness and input lag in every menu, including the character select screen.

+ Once the match gets going, the lag is gone, so this port is at least extremely playable once the fight starts.

+ The load times are better than the other console versions.

+ Plugged in a Mad Catz PS3 fightpad and it works perfectly.

- Something seems to be off about the sound. At times the sound effects are too loud, and at others, the music drowns out the announcer.

- The timing from when you win/lose the match and the win music starts playing is also off.

+ Looks nice overall at 1080P.

- Some of the menu items and in-game effects are noticeably lower-res. The PC version looks better.

- I've been playing Ultra on PS3 and PC since it came out. There were a few matches I had on the PS4 version that felt worse online than on either platform. Fortunately most matches were good-great quality.

They need to fix the menus and sound issues stat and this will be an overall great port. For now, though, I'd stick to playing this on other platforms.

Also for shits n' giggles, I tried playing this using Vita remote play. It was actually OK offline, but worse than I would have thought online.

How did they screw this up when they have a pc version. I'm downloading it now. I'm sure players will find more things different then the other versions. They must have hired the cheapest company they could find.

Onemic

On last gen, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, & (probably) MK 9 were more superior on Xbox 360. The rest of the fighters had no problem on the PS3.

I never contested any of those, my point was just as you said. That all the other fighters had no problems.

yurinka

Excluding the too slow menus and minor sound glitches, I think it's a great port. Looks great at 1080p, input lag is better than in PS3, loading times are really fast, online works well here, remote play looks great (but obviously has noticiable input lag, it isn't for SF) and PS3 sticks work perfectly (unless your DS4 gets disconnected in the middle of a match, disable that battery saving option).
How many people feeling the input lag are playing on PS3 sticks? I wonder if that has anything to do with it because I'm playing on a PS4 stick and the input response feels practically identical to 360.
First Madcatz SFIV and Hori RAP3 SFIV here and input lag feels way better than in PS3, they run perfectly. I'd say it's like in 360. No input lag issues here, but I'm not a pro player.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Alright played it for a bit and besides the lack of AF and the menu being sluggish the game seems to run pretty well! Went through hardest arcade real quick and I'll hop online later.

Bob White

Shit port.
Shit menus.
Shit psn players using wifi.

...still having fun though. Oddly enough it feels like pulling one frame links is easier? I'm not even kidding, I'm pulling them off with rarely a drop...online.

So most of the complaints are cosmetic, lag during menus and sound levels being off?

Good. As long as gameplay and netcode are good enough then who gives a fuck? I imagine netcode is gonna take time to see how it goes. Is there any definitive news on input delay?

『Inaba Resident』;165298734 said:
Is there any way to not have the announcer come through my controller speaker?

Would have to imagine that muting the sound on the controller in the options would have the announcer come through the TV.

def sim

『Inaba Resident』;165298734 said:
Is there any way to not have the announcer come through my controller speaker?

I disabled the speaker altogether by holding down the guide button and adjusting sound devices. I don't need to hear stuff coming out of there when I have headphones on. :/

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So most of the complaints are cosmetic, lag during menus and sound levels being off?

Good. As long as gameplay and netcode are good enough then who gives a fuck? I imagine netcode is gonna take time to see how it goes. Is there any definitive news on input delay?

Have you looked at this thread?

This port needs some fixin'. I still think the game will turn out to be fine since Capcom is adamant about using it for the Pro Tour.

Bob White

Gah, feel I need to add that, of the players I've played with that had green bars, things ran smoothly. I can't say if it's better than 360 or not just yet, but it's serviceable.

Coda

I think it's clear that they rushed this out as long as the general gameplay was good. Woe is the nature of digital games these days. I'm sure it'll get a patch in the next few weeks and this will be all behind us.

But yeah when one of the skateboarders in the half pipe stage comes onto the screen the audio of his skateboard wheels is insane haha.

Nocturno999

『Inaba Resident』;165299223 said:
It doesn't. He'll say "Ultra Street Fighter IV" at the title screen through the controller but if I mute my controller speaker, its just silent. It won't come through the tv

Well finally some good news.

The game doesn't recognize my ps2/ps3 hori rap2 stick, I did follow the instructions CapcomUnity posted. I tried playing for 5 min can't do it with the controller. It's all about that fighting stick feeling.

If it was full price I would be upset but maybe a few patches later I'll try again.

VashTS

Input delay that's more noticable than the PS3 version is making this game unplayable. (even in training mode offline) The menu lag is ugly sure, but the gameplay is what's really messed up.

Yellowbar being in slow motion is terrible too. Greenbar seems ok, but the input lag is horrendous.

Top Bottom