• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 hits PS4 on May 26th, $24.99: PS3 Stick Support Confirmed!

Duxxy3

ULTRA_STREET_FIGHTER_IV_20150526171654.jpg

Fighting games don't really need AF anyhow.

vg260

Seriously, the outrage is about to get hyperbolic here. The game works, the issues are subtle, I have confidence that they will be patched and maybe even before Evo.

If you've been playing the game for the past few years, the visual deficiencies alone right out of the gate are completely noticeable and not subtle. The lack of texture filtering and UI navigation issues alone jump out immediately. The UI should not be chugging as it is. We're used to it being quick and snappy. The texture filtering at least is a known issue that was corrected in DmC SE. Hopefully, they can fix it just as easily even though it was outsourced.

thefit

Except the actual fighting for which no one has demonstrated otherwise.

I've had good fights and with anything its a distance/connection thing blah blah I get that and i'm used to it. Also I'm getting used to the ds4 so far so good beat quite a few already. Its a shame that once you are out of the game its ugly as sin and yeah the graphics are pretty jaggie, the sluggish menu transitions are putting me off and the menu backgrounds look like smudgy blobs.

If you've been playing the game for the past few years, the visual deficiencies alone right out of the gate are completely noticeable and not subtle. The lack of texture filtering and UI navigation issues alone jump out immediately. The UI should not be chugging as it is. We're used to it being quick and snappy. The texture filtering at least is a known issue that was corrected in DmC SE. Hopefully, they can fix it just as easily even though it was outsourced.
Right but they had to get it out for Evo, so they prioritized gameplay and let these things slip through. I'm under the assumption that these things will be patched promptly and I wont concern myself with them unless they're here for the life of the game. Thats just my opinion on it, they are small defects that people who arent playing SF every day for 5 years will hardly notice.

BizzyBum

This is... not good. At all.

The menu's move around like shit which is mind boggling how you can fuck up menu speed. The actual gameplay feels different, too. To me it just feels... slower. Like I'm playing in slow motion and I still feel a tremendous amount of input lag, IMO.

Played a yellow bar connection to see if it's playable and jesus... fuck no. Guess I'm sticking to green only.

I'm sure things will get patched like menu speed and whatnot but what kills me is that if Capcom wants this as the main platform for future tournaments, why the hell did they outsource the port and not do it themselves?

Onemic

No i highly disagree. Whenever a fighter came out for either console. The online was always better on XBL.

I think it's in your head tbh. Besides Capcom games there hasnt been a fighter that has come out where it was confirmed(or at the very least a large majority of people have stated) that XBL had better netcode.

There's also the fact that more people on PSN for the 360/ps3 generation had wireless vs XBL users, as the first few revisions of the 360 didn't have a built in wifi adapter.

thefit

This is... not good. At all.

The menu's move around like shit which is mind boggling how you can fuck up menu speed. The actual gameplay feels different, too. To me it just feels... slower. Like I'm playing in slow motion and I still feel a tremendous amount of input lag, IMO.

Played a yellow bar connection to see if it's playable and jesus... fuck no. Guess I'm sticking to green only.

I'm sure things will get patched like menu speed and whatnot but what kills me is that if Capcom wants this as the main platform for future tournaments, why the hell did they outsource the port and not do it themselves?

Yeah it feels slower everyone is saying the same thing its just...off somehow. This game at its age and having a PC version available shouldn't have these kinds of bugs I get it when its a simultaneous release of a new game and patches start to roll out but this game has and is already constantly tweaked with patches. This port is as if they went backwards and removed the patches so they could add them latter. Makes no sense.

Coda

How many people feeling the input lag are playing on PS3 sticks? I wonder if that has anything to do with it because I'm playing on a PS4 stick and the input response feels practically identical to 360.

nikos

I have no evidence but Im coming from 360 and I'm not experiencing input lag. Maybe 1f would be imperceptible to me, 2 is possible, 6 is absurd.

I'm pretty sure he was exaggerating, but I'm definitely feeling input lag over the 360 version. Only difference now is my stick, which has a DualShock 4 PCB, as opposed to an Eightarc 360 Ony or MadCatz TE-S Sanrio.

I played with my PS3 TE and didn't notice any bad input lag, but I did notice the oversaturation of colors throughout. VERY noticeable.

twothreesix

Neo Member
With both a PS4 pad and a PS3 stick (madcatz TE) connected:
- The PS3 stick has noticeable input lag.
- The PS4 pad has no or a lot less lag (I'm not a pad player, so hard to be 100% positive about there being no lag at all).

I have no PS4 stick to test with.

I have no evidence but Im coming from 360 and I'm not experiencing input lag. Maybe 1f would be imperceptible to me, 2 is possible, 6 is absurd.

I'm coming from only having played PS3 so I'll probably have it better than others. Also got a TE2 myself. Will have to see when this finally finishes downloading.

I think it's in your head tbh. Besides Capcom games there hasnt been a fighter that has come out where it was confirmed(or at the very least a large majority of people have stated) that XBL had better netcode.

There's also the fact that more people on PSN for the 360/ps3 generation had wireless vs XBL users, as the first few revisions of the 360 didn't have a built in wifi adapter.

Which leaded to a better network for fighting games on 360. Dude all the top players play online on XBL for a reason. Get over it.

No input lag, using ps360+. I am rebuilding my database to see if it helps with the game....
Edit: Rebuilding database did nothing, lol.

No problems with my PS360+ Hitbox or the gamepad. Might try my Hori stick later to see if I notice anything.
I'm using the dual shock 4 and I can notice quite a bit of lag while walking. In using Claw in training, so I'm not sure of its exclusive to that circumstance, but it's certainly there for me.

Edit: Holy shit at these menus lol

HORRORSHØW

i only really feel the input lag when i'm jumping. otherwise it seems fine. does that make sense? i'm using a ds4. the menus are a little sluggish but nothing disastrous.

anyone want to train? hit me up: stray_dog_strut

JP

I'll let this download over night but I'm not really the best person to judge what's being talked about as I rarely play fighting games.

Is it just people who are using the DS4 that are having issues? There seems to be a lot of people using other controllers saying they're not having any issues.

I'm using the dual shock 4 and I can notice quite a bit of lag while walking. In using Claw in training, so I'm not sure of its exclusive to that circumstance, but it's certainly there for me.

Edit: Holy shit at these menus lol
I just took Claw into training on PS4 and 360 and switching between them I cant notice any difference. When I flick the stick really fast it seems like there might be a bit of lag, but its consistant with both and probably my tv.

Ok just finish playing for about an hour. The game feels different, like slower. Input seems off. I like the graphical effects that were added. Hopefully this gets patched.

Netcode wise its not as good as XBL. Hopefully it gets ironed out.

Get over what? This isnt a console war.

Its not, this is about fighting games. Its just the facts.

Recall

I feel like a real dick having dropped my money so quickly having convinced myself that this version would be as they said it would be, the definitive version.

vg260

Right but they had to get it out for Evo, so they prioritized gameplay and let these things slip through. I'm under the assumption that these things will be patched promptly and I wont concern myself with them unless they're here for the life of the game. Thats just my opinion on it, they are small defects that people who arent playing SF every day for 5 years will hardly notice.

It's weird when everything outside of the fight feels like it's running half speed. It messes with you when you've been through the menus hundreds of times. It even affects the character select screen. Feels bad, man.

Just for reference, here's a PC screenshot with 4x AF applied via the in-game settings. It can go up to 16x, so this is just a modest application.
image.png

PS4:
ULTRA_STREET_FIGHTER_IV_20150526171654.jpg

Again, this has been patched in some recent games. So, hopefully it can get addressed as long as they're made aware and as long as they don't pull a WB/High Voltage and just move on. It's just crazy it didn't get addressed before release.

It's hard not to be skeptical when they can't get the UI running full speed on a port that even lowly PCs can max out.

Ostinatto

I'll let this download over night but I'm not really the best person to judge what's being talked about as I rarely play fighting games.

Is it just people who are using the DS4 that are having issues? There seems to be a lot of people using other controllers saying they're not having any issues.

I think PS3 sticks players are having some issues with input lag. PS4 sticks and DS4 are OK.

Korezo

The graphics on ps4 look washed out and blurry compared to other versions. I doubt the graphics would get a patch. Unless capcom just takes over and do the entire game over again like Konomi did with ZoE2...

Imm0rt4l

Ok just finish playing for about an hour. The game feels different, like slower. Input seems off. I like the graphical effects that were added. Hopefully this gets patched.

Netcode wise its not as good as XBL. Hopefully it gets ironed out.

Its not, this is about fighting games. Its just the facts.
There weren't any graphical effects added.

I doubt the graphics would get a patch.
Good news, they probably will be patched. PS4 had an issue with AF that affected a lot of games that Sony only recently addressed. There's a thread around here somewhere that goes into detail, but devs were going back and patching it in.

Top Bottom