• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 hits PS4 on May 26th, $24.99: PS3 Stick Support Confirmed!

Tansut

Damn. I turned my PS4 on and put it into rest mode before going to work so I could buy and then download this while I'm away. Looks like I didn't have to. Prolly gonna wait for a patch at this point.

And any characters before AE have their colors locked on the original costumes and their taunts are locked.
What??? I'm going to have to unlock stuff I already unlocked over five years ago?

Skilletor

Im not allowed to voice my complaints now? Yea the menus speed suck right now. Thats going to affect EVO big time.

Anyways, playing online at the moment. It seems that the netcode is as good as XBL for now. Need more testing. Game runs well too. Looks like they added some graphical effects to the game as well. Bison's Ultra 1 got more graphical effects to it.

Of course you are. I just think it's hilarious that slow download speeds for you on PSN = PSN sucks. But when others aren't downloading as fast as you have, their connections suck.

Just funny to me, is all. :)

SnakeEyez

Damn it's that bad? Just got out of work and was looking forward to playing it. So far we have:

-laggy menus
-blurry textures
-shaky netcode (ps3<ps4<pc<360)
-possible frame delay

If that's the case I'm highly disappointed. Is there anything I'm missing?

Of course you are. I just think it's hilarious that slow download speeds for you on PSN = PSN sucks. But when others aren't downloading as fast as you have, their connections suck.

Just funny to me, is all. :)

Ok if thats what you find funny.

However, my issues isnt PSN download speed. Its PSN with fighting games. Last gen Xbox 360 was the go to console for online play and tournament play. PSN last gen was just didnt perform as well. Now that we are stuck with SFV on PS4 only. Everyone in the FGC is worried.

Dartastic

Godfuckingdamnit.

I should have waited to buy this until I heard how it ran. Instead I jumped and bought it while at work. Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

TacosNSalsa

The announcer that had to scream at you every time you started the fucking game now only come from the controller speaker!!! YES!! That is worth the price alone in my opinion !

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Havent played it but how does something like this even pass QA?

It's called rushing games out the door and not prioritizing anything beyond the most essential parts.

This probably happened due to Evo, but sadly it an increasingly standard practice these days.

I-hate-u

I'm guessing we're going to see a patch before EVO.

They put their word out that is going to be the ultimate version, and the game is inferior to last gen console versions supposedly. Pretty lame that we are pegging for a patch, when everything should have been ironed out before release.

It's called rushing games out the door and not prioritizing anything beyond the most essential parts.

This probably happened due to Evo, but sadly it an increasingly standard practice these days.
Seriously, the outrage is about to get hyperbolic here. The game works, the issues are subtle, I have confidence that they will be patched and maybe even before Evo.

HardRojo

Well it seems like I'll wait for more impressions and probable patches before I get this. When they announced PS3 stick support I decided to buy it day 1 but these issues have made me decide otherwise and I think I can wait.

No way. This game screams on old PCs with full settings. This is unacceptable.

There is no way this should have been released like this.

I have no idea what this means.

That being said if the actual gameplay itself is fucked, then that sucks. I'm sure it will be fixed, especially before EVO, but its still lame.

No_Style

Damn it's that bad? Just got out of work and was looking forward to playing it. So far we have:

-laggy menus
-blurry textures
-shaky netcode (ps3<ps4<pc<360)
-possible frame delay

If that's the case I'm highly disappointed. Is there anything I'm missing?

What a sham. They were touting this as the definitive version including frame delay fixes and this version has that issue still? What?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Glad I checked this thread before giving in to nostalgia and trying to get back into Street Fighter. I'll wait until it's patched to be perfect.

I hope dmc4 doesn't similarly disappoint. They've shown it off so extensively that I'm not too worried but it would be a real kick in the bean bag.

Top Bottom