• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice news report on Charlottesville, must-see (up on YT)

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
This was posted earlier, but bares repeating. SPLC has a history of Christopher Cantwell. Unsurprisingly, he has a very storied past. His story begins with hatred of the Government, particularly cops. Lots of alcohol and drug abuse. It's worth a read if you want to know more about his role in the white supremacy world.

Also worth saying, Mike Park, owner of Asian Man Records, is donating all proceeds from the sale of the following merch:

100% of proceeds will be divided up and donated to the following organizations:
-SOUTHERN POVERTY LAW CENTER
-LEGAL AID JUSTICE CENTER
-SOLIDARITYCVILLE

Get yourself a shirt from a legend and donate to a good cause at the same time!

Horns

That was a very powerful 20 minutes. I was surprised to learn how quick Vice turns out content. They already had a piece on Trump's awful speech yesterday.

There was that black man that got pulled over. Legally owned a gun and told the cop about it, as required by law. Didn't brandish it or pull it out or anything. He just let him know he owned a gun. Immediately got murdered after being told to take out ID.

Makes my fucking blood boil remembering it.
Thank God I'm not just going mad.

I'm not English so y'know evidence could be to me 'look at these white neckbeards running around with guns in Wendys' or 'look at these wannabe though guys forming a militia in the forest' and simultaneously 'black man gets shot because maybe he had a gun? also, maybe he dealt drugs six years ago once? also, he left his wife!'

So when I see the aforementioned white people all I can think is that if they were black or muslim or anything other than white men then people would lose their fucking minds.

My God, I can't even imagine if a bunch of Muslims formed a militia and played shooting games in the forest against the 'government' but that's exactly what these white militia groups do.

rudger

There are at least 2 scenes in the documentary which showed exactly why I think it is crazy that many US citizens defend their right to own weapons.

There was really a guy threatening the police that he will send 200 armed people to a place if they are not going to do what he wants. The other one was the bald cunt showing off his weapons.

This was probably the only part that truly disturbed me(other than the vehicular manslaughter obviously). The rest just seemed like racist anti-Semitic shit I've known about and seen for ages. But the idea that an armed militia can come into a town and threaten the police force with violence and then actually get their way was new to me and disturbing for all sorts of reasons. The city even acknowledged that part of why their cops weren't more out there was out of fear of the guns these guys had.

This might be the most powerful piece I have seen in years. Just chilling stuff. Everyone needs to watch. And if you clearly can say both sides were at fault, well you're nothing but a fucking racist.

BY2K

Membero Americo
"I'd say the fact that no one on our side died is points for us."
"That nobody on our side killed someone unjustly is points for us."

"unjustly"

You piece of shit...

This was posted earlier, but bares repeating. SPLC has a history of Christopher Cantwell. Unsurprisingly, he has a very storied past. His story begins with hatred of the Government, particularly cops. Lots of alcohol and drug abuse. It's worth a read if you want to know more about his role in the white supremacy world.

Also worth saying, Mike Park, owner of Asian Man Records, is donating all proceeds from the sale of the following merch:

Happy to know there's no law in the US that stops a man like Cantwell from owning assault rifles and carrying them around in public.

Crosseyes

Banned
"I'd say the fact that no one on our side died is points for us."
"That nobody on our side killed someone unjustly is points for us."

"unjustly"

You piece of shit...
You heard it straight from them. They feel happy for their political cause that they're all still alive.

If the police don't fix that next rally then we all just pray that brave civilians do.

Acyl

I swear these guys must watch American History X dozens of times because the rhetoric sounds all the same. They probably turn off the movie halfway through though.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I swear these guys must watch American History X dozens of times because the rhetoric sounds all the same. They probably turn off the movie halfway through though.

They are the source material for AHX. Not the other way around.

watched this last night on facebook. these people are sick. look how many guns he had in his hotel room for - just incase? he was just waiting for someone to do something so he could have a reason to light everyone up that he thought were an enemy to him. and when he said the car driving into those protesters was legitimate..... sigh.....

ZOONAMI

This was probably the only part that truly disturbed me(other than the vehicular manslaughter obviously). The rest just seemed like racist anti-Semitic shit I've known about and seen for ages. But the idea that an armed militia can come into a town and threaten the police force with violence and then actually get their way was new to me and disturbing for all sorts of reasons. The city even acknowledged that part of why their cops weren't more out there was out of fear of the guns these guys had.

I don't think he was talking to the police. He was talking to one of his people, that the police are all down there not letting any vehicles in or out, and that whoever was down there needed to get their people out or he would send more people in to get them out. If he was openly threatening the police like that it really is fucked. It is also possible they staged a fake phone call for the cameras. My gf thought he was talking to the police too and we rewound the conversation twice because I thought no way, he said something about their being to many police and was talking to his own people to get out of there. I could be wrong though.

rudger

I don't think he was talking to the police. He was talking to one of his people, that the police are all down there not letting any vehicles in or out, and that whoever was down there needed to get their people out or he would send more people in to get them out. If he was openly threatening the police like that it really is fucked. It is also possible they staged a fake phone call for the cameras. My gf thought he was talking to the police too and we rewound the conversation twice because I thought no way, he said something about their being to many police and was talking to his own people to get out of there. I could be wrong though.

Oh I will have to rewatch then. They definitely do come off as staging certain events. I did hear separately that the police were afraid to confront them due to the number of weapons they brought. I believe it was on Pod Save the People but I've been listening to a few pods lately after all this so forgive me if it was a different one.

darscot

The Vice reporting is incredible but it does make me very nervous. They take more risk than I am comfortable with but I understand the position they are in and the value of what they do.

Jeff-DSA

The guy yelling after the car attack into the camera brought me to tears. It's too much. We can't have this in our country anymore. Whatever steps it takes to eradicate this, we need to take them.

LionPride

Banned
The guy yelling after the car attack into the camera brought me to tears. It's too much. We can't have this in our country anymore. Whatever steps it takes to eradicate this, we need to take them.
It's been hundreds of hundreds of years of racism, sexism, hatred, shit ain't gon end no time soon. Shit won't be over when you die. When I die. When my hypothetical great grandchildren die, but people's eyes are being opened more and more to how shit everything really is

Oriel

One little warrant out for Christopher Cantwell's arrest, and he turns into a pussified crybaby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=lyeTj002DCo

What a little bitch! A tiny part of me actually felt a bit sorry for him (because I'm not a Nazi and have compassion for people) but then I quickly remembered that HE'S A FUCKING NAZI who callously dismissed the death of Heather Heyer. Cunt!

But who knows, maybe the torrent of hatred and abuse he's getting will provide for a change of attitude and heart.....maybe.

kris.

Banned

Mike Park fucking rules and I'm ordering one of these ASAP.

Acyl

They are the source material for AHX. Not the other way around.

True, of course. I just lol at the thought of where these guys get their talking points from. When you join a neo-nazi group do they hand you a bag with all kinds of reading material like Mein Kampf and brochures that tell you "How the Jews stole Ivanka!"

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
"I want to be peaceful and law abiding."

Motherfucker, please.

"we just wanted to peacefully air our grievances"

well motherfucker, when you're grievances include, killing jews, a white state, ethnic cleansing, you should probably expect some fucking pushback.

One little warrant out for Christopher Cantwell's arrest, and he turns into a pussified crybaby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=lyeTj002DCo

"We have done everything in our power to keep this peaceful."
zzNO82K.jpg
Yeah, ok.

Top Bottom