• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice news report on Charlottesville, must-see (up on YT)

pulsemyne

One little warrant out for Christopher Cantwell's arrest, and he turns into a pussified crybaby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=lyeTj002DCo

Oh dear. So sad!
giphy.gif

RedAssedApe

Banned
Behold the master race!

Edit A mod really should update the thread title that there is a youtube version available to view. I didnt bother clicking cause I thought I couldnt see it.

yeah i was confused at first. i thought the youtube video was going to be an excerpt and didn't watch it all at first

Pavaloo

love how they even have a shitstain from Canada in here too
"well in Canada it's basically illegal to hurt someone's feelings"

I know a lot of my own peers that just don't think this normalization and right wing radicalization happens above the boarder, but if they watch this doc I hope they pay attention to that moment and how familiar it may sound.

Oriel

There was another video shown from the wannabee Nuremburg Rally where a white supremacist stripped near naked and insisted he was only playing Nazi for the day to avoid an ass kicking from protesters. It's like these clowns have just realised that the real world is NOTHING like the internet where they can spout violent racist bullshit without any consequences. You could say the web is their safe space. Snowflakes.

Pakkidis

love how they even have a shitstain from Canada in here too
"well in Canada it's basically illegal to hurt someone's feelings"

I know a lot of my own peers that just don't think this normalization and right wing radicalization happens above the boarder, but if they watch this doc I hope they pay attention to that moment and how familiar it may sound.

As a Canadian I too was a bit surprised by that as well.

There was another video shown from the wannabee Nuremburg Rally where a white supremacist stripped near naked and insisted he was only playing Nazi for the day to avoid an ass kicking from protesters. It's like these clowns have just realised that the real world is NOTHING like the internet where they can spout violent racist bullshit without any consequences. You could say the web is their safe space. Snowflakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwoY6JYeNuM&feature=youtu.be

Quixzlizx

As a Jewish person, it almost makes me start laughing whenever one of them starts going into one of their antisemitic rants, since they aren't even coherent 90% of the time.

It's like there's a Conspiracy Mad Libs out there and they fill in every space with "Jews."

It's the bizarro version of that Seinfeld scene where Jerry is joking about how Uncle Leo blames antisemites for anything bad that happens to him.

Kwixotik

There's a Nazi rally in Lexington on Saturday to protest taking down the confederate statues here. Thinking I should be there to counter protest. What's the best way to differentiate myself from the protesters besides not wearing Nazi regalia?

There's a Nazi rally in Lexington on Saturday to protest taking down the confederate statues here. Thinking I should be there to counter protest. What's the best way to differentiate myself from the protesters besides not wearing Nazi regalia?

Your best bet would be some kind of rainbow flag t-shirt, headband, armband, etc. But virtually any kind of anti-nazi or pro-equality piece of clothing would do. I would have said signs but signs can be dropped or lost in any turmoil.

Wearing something anti-nazi would probably be your best bet.

Best to go everyday normal, don't try for a "look" because then your giving the crazy right wingers an excuse to point out that their is a "alt-left" and point out that they even wear a uniform like nazis.

Given what little I've seen from the man, is it pretty clear he's got some kind of mental problems? Not to be used as an excuse, but there's no way this guy is emotionally stable.

Which is pretty bad news given all the guns he owns.

Please don't start with this bullshit

The guy knows exactly what he's doing. He's manipulative and controlling

Man, the situation in the US is FUCKED.

"On many sides." - disgusting. Everyone protesting these fucking nazi assholes deserves a hug, seriously.

What is the deal with cloudflare I mean seriously wtf

In a way they are more complicit than Reddit is which would not allow a daily stormer sub Reddit. At least Reddit had the vague defense that they start with the idea of providing a forum to anyone before getting around to noticing they are too bad.

But cloudflare takes money every month from the bad customer in order to protect them, to mirror their content and so on. They KNOW, intimately, who they take money from and what that customer does.

Is the CEO like a libertarian asshole who enjoys rejecting pleas to not do business with overt racists? It's overdue to push on them. I think only the technical nature of what they do has avoided a big stink so far.

It's amazing how each of these guys in an interview can sound so reasonable with things like "we are exercising our right to the freedom of speech" and "we have secured a permit for a peaceful protest" and then two seconds later they are spitting vitriol about ethnic cleansing and Jews and POC and it just goes off the rails into hate hate hate.

And to believe that our Founding Fathers would have wanted something like this is insane.

Cipherr

https://youtu.be/8Vy7BiJPLfs

The before and after on this dude. They spliced the shit he was talking together with the crying after the warrant. Amazing.

Sooooo hilarious how quickly that bravado fades when there's no crowd of nazi saluting skinheads and guns to hide behind. Fucking cowards.

Kwixotik

Best to go everyday normal, don't try for a "look" because then your giving the crazy right wingers an excuse to point out that their is a "alt-left" and point out that they even wear a uniform like nazis.
I'm white. I feel like if I'm going to show up, my stance better be clear

Nafai1123

Banned
I'm white. I feel like if I'm going to show up, my stance better be clear

I seriously doubt you're going to be the only counter-protestor, so it should be easy to associate yourself with that group instead of the Nazi's. I'd probably bring a sign or wear something anti-Nazi, but I would refrain from looking too militant.

I'm talking about emotional stability here, not mental coherence. He does know what he's doing. He's also a bipolar lunatic from the looks of it, with lots of guns.

He's a dude who believes in that alpha male bullshit, he's trying to suppress crying because that's not what "real men" do.

You guys really gotta stop ascribing mental illnesses every time some terrible white male appears.

Top Bottom