• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | April 2013 | Sacrifice your Independent Soul

obviously you should get pixel junk monsters and attempt to rainbow every level
assuming the psp version has all of the content of the ps3 version that will take nearly forever as the third island is a random level generator lol

dooohhhh... im trying to avoid trophies for awhile..

i dunno why but the vita has turned me on them as of late....need a hiatus.

zulux21

i dunno why but the vita has turned me on them as of late....need a hiatus.

pixel junk is a psp game thus doesn't have trophies lol.
the rainbows are just a reward for achieving a perfect complete of a level.

I will never ever take trophies into account when telling someone about a game, because I will never ever have a clue what games have what trophies as the only time I look at them is after I get them and I am curious what that funny sounding trophy was for.

IllumiNate

Toukiden will save the Vita in Japan!

Top of page buy Soul Sacrifice.

Since SS got localized a month after its Japan release, should we expect the same with Toukiden?

Takao

Banned
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/keiba/wp7_2013/

KT porting things to Vita never stops, heh.
Winning Post 7 coming to PSV (Japan only).

Ah yes

1a.gif

Azull

So what are the chances of Toukiden coming over to NA? It does look rather interesting so I wouldn't mind playing it.

Also.

GIVE US SOUL SACRIFICE DEMO. (NA)

Please.

<3.\

ZeroAKA

So what are the chances of Toukiden coming over to NA? It does look rather interesting so I wouldn't mind playing it.
Fairly high, I'd say. After all, Tecmo Koei did stealth-release Atelier Totori Plus onto the US/EU PSN Stores.

Young Magus

Love how in that gif 360 is represented by an American.
Oh and if I buy DOA with the $10 from the rebate will that count towards the 50?
I bought the 1-year plus with P2EP so will that put me over?

Azull

Fairly high, I'd say. After all, Tecmo Koei did stealth-release Atelier Totori Plus onto the US/EU PSN Stores.

Glad to hear that but also wondering exactly what the hell was the idea behind that stealth-release. I suppose it did give it some free advertising within the community. Makes me wonder how they will this game =\

pixel junk is a psp game thus doesn't have trophies lol.
the rainbows are just a reward for achieving a perfect complete of a level.

I will never ever take trophies into account when telling someone about a game, because I will never ever have a clue what games have what trophies as the only time I look at them is after I get them and I am curious what that funny sounding trophy was for.

Im playing through again.
Such a great game. Wish they gave us a proper Vita version with trophies but the ingame achievements enough.
Looks great and plays great on Vita.

Teslas still OP :p

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
@theGrimyH, please read my post in the other page

thanks in advance.

Huh, I thought Totobeni hated the Vita, so I wasn't surprised by this.

I don't "hate" games or systems,Vita is the best handheld I've ever used if I don't like it I wont be in Vita threads almost every day.

I just don't like this indie focused strategy going on,I think it might be good for Vita but it's not for me,because I didn't bought Vita for years old indie ports I played already on Steam or random MonHun clones,I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who is on this side here.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking about getting a Vita. Any good deals yall could point me towards? I'm in the United States, if that matters. Thanks!

The_Afroman

Thinking about getting a Vita. Any good deals yall could point me towards? I'm in the United States, if that matters. Thanks!

I would hit up Cowboom, i picked up my second Vita on there. I bought a white one for 150. You can get one for i think 130.. make sure you pick one with charger and such

VanWinkle

thanks in advance.

I don't "hate" games or systems,Vita is the best handheld I've ever used if I don't like it I wont be in Vita threads almost every day.

I just don't like this indie focused strategy going on,I think it might be good for Vita but it's not for me,because I didn't bought Vita for years old indie ports I played already on Steam or random MonHun clones,I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who is on this side here.

We don't have any indication, though, that they've changed strategy. They're just adding IN a bunch of great indie games, but how does that take away from the big budget titles we're getting? Yes, we need WAY more, but it's been that way since after launch. The only thing that has changed is now we're getting a bunch of indie developers putting their games on it. If the Vita isn't for you now that indies are putting their games on it, then it definitely wasn't for you before. The big budget game outlook hasn't changed at all.

Paskil

If you don't mind pre-owned, try Cowboom. You can find decent deals on both the black and crystal white (AC:L model). Cowboom is a Best Buy brand and I believe they offer warranties. I have seen a few regular posters vouch for that site. Just be aware of the star reviews and read closely what they do or do not include prior to purchase. I recommend at least a 16GB card if you're planning on downloading anything. You can always try Craigslist as well. Many people seem to be convinced a price cut is coming at some point this year. Sony hasn't budged on that yet.

I would hit up Cowboom, i picked up my second Vita on there. I bought a white one for 150. You can get one for i think 130.. make sure you pick one with charger and such

Beaten. :(

The_Afroman

If you don't mind pre-owned, try Cowboom. You can find decent deals on both the black and crystal white (AC:L model). Cowboom is a Best Buy brand and I believe they offer warranties. I have seen a few regular posters vouch for that site. Just be aware of the star reviews and read closely what they do or do not include prior to purchase. I recommend at least a 16GB card if you're planning on downloading anything. You can always try Craigslist as well. Many people seem to be convinced a price cut is coming at some point this year. Sony hasn't budged on that yet.

Beaten. :(

Def. I picked up a white one, and my stupidity, i bought the 1 white one that was being sold without usb cable and charger. Not a big deal as i ordered some spares from amazon a while back.. but i really wanted another charger.

Paskil

thanks in advance.

Different reps in and around Sony have stated that there are numerous titles that have yet to be announced on Vita. In the last month thread, people counted around 55 (I think) released/announced games for Vita so far and they're on the record as saying at least 100 will drop. That leads me to believe that there are additional games in the works, some "AAA."

I'm guessing Sony has at least a few gems lined up to announce for E3. My money is on at least a new IP or two, a new Infamous offshoot of some type, Something from SCEJ, new LocoRoco, new FPS, and new AC. It would be nice to see some original 2D Castlevania love on Vita.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

If you don't mind pre-owned, try Cowboom. You can find decent deals on both the black and crystal white (AC:L model). Cowboom is a Best Buy brand and I believe they offer warranties.
Sweet, if they offer warranties, I'm down buying used. Thanks!

Paskil

Sweet, if they offer warranties, I'm down buying used. Thanks!

Please take anything I said with a grain of salt. I have never bought anything, but I have never heard of people having problems. The unit I directly linked at that price point doesn't include the power cable, for example. I'm not 100% sure on the warranty deal and how that works. I know that most major retailers offer some type of warranty now on refurbished/preowned electronics.

Just make sure to read carefully.

hitmon

For Senran Kagura Vita, does the Asian version have the same DLC available as the JP version? Is one version recommended over the other if I know no Japanese?

Young Magus

So I finally bit the bullet......I actually bought DOA 5+
Since I bought this and P2EP will that put me at 50 or I have to buy something else?

zulux21

So I finally bit the bullet......I actually bought DOA 5+
Since I bought this and P2EP will that put me at 50 or I have to buy something else?

does your total add up to 50 or does it add up to 49.98 if it's the later you might want to be on the safe side and get an avatar/ something else.

OmegaZero

For Senran Kagura Vita, does the Asian version have the same DLC available as the JP version? Is one version recommended over the other if I know no Japanese?

I think they both do, or at least you can use the JP DLC with the Asian version.
Other then that, there's no difference in terms of language (at least as far as I can remember).

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
heckmanimation said:
I wouldn't worry about that - PJM is the best TD game on the market, it's well worth it without going all completionist on it.
Although I'll admit it was the first game to get me to do that on both PS3 and PSP.

zulux21 said:
assuming the psp version has all of the content of the ps3 version that will take nearly forever as the third island is a random level generator lol
Actually it has a full extra island on top of all PS3 content.

VanWinkle

I'd honestly LOVE to know why on EARTH the Vita still doesn't have Hulu Plus and Crackle. They were announced almost a year ago!

omg_mjd

Goes through April 1st so today counts.

Made my last-minute purchases today: Sonic Racing Transformed, Sly Cooper and Sound Shapes DLC.

Honestly not psyched at all for Soul Sacrifice (but I'll keep an open mind!) so it's just as well that I get stocked up now until the next major releases.

Redhood

Hey Guys I am stuck in Patapon. A level is too hard and I cannot make more army cause I am lacking the stone item. Any particular place where I can farm it. I tried playing the hunting level again and again. I found zero stone. Same goes for that tree mini game.

EDIT: I am a member now :D
Time to open a thread :D

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Regarding Legends of War for Vita....

Dev said it was cancelled... somewhere, but I can't find the statement.
Pub says it's already out! http://pqube.co.uk/legendsofwar/out-now/

Fired off an email to the dev at 3 of their addresses asking for any information as their own site also still lists Vita.

EDIT: whoops
All 3 addresses were undeliverable.
They're in Spain... I may just call. If that number works.

Quoting myself but I found more info:

Publisher has a Facebook page and a Twitter for this game.
https://www.facebook.com/legendsofwargame
https://twitter.com/Legends_Of_War
It's pretty much only random quotes from Patton.

Except they posted this on March 21st:
Anyone still looking for the PSVita version, it'll hit shelves on 19th April. You can pre-order it via Amazon: http://amzn.to/14eEA69

So... it is coming? wow.

deimian86

Banned
FFX/FFX-II HD only digital on PSVita says Koch Media:

ZuDinB8.png

At least in Spain but, maybe worldwide only digital launch?. Very sad news for me.

web01

I'm thinking of picking up a pinball game, and I've never really played before. Which of the two on the Vita is better -- Zen Pinball or Pinball Arcade?

On VITA specifically Zen Pinball is much better because its a console perfect version.

VITA version of Pinball Arcade suffers many problems that still have not been resolved, including glitches, low framerate on many tables, missing art, low res art, visible seam lines on table art and much more. The official forums have alot of the details.

http://pinballarcadefans.com/forumdisplay.php/14-Playstation-Vita

You only have to look at the thread titles.

The devs really seem spread too thin since all versions of Pinball Arcade have various problems.

Guys. I'll be joining you soon, I just ordered myself a sweet little Vita (been hyped for too long; the last announcements with PS4 compatibility nailed it for me).

Could I ask to EU-gaffers what kind of account they're using? EU PS+ or US PS+?
I see there are more deals for US, games must be coming faster on its store, what else? I play all my games in English so I don't care about US/EU. Just want the sweetest possible deal.

danthefan

Can someone explain something about Everybody's Golf for me please:

I'm playing the matchplay against Pancho (costumed), we've both just birdied a par 4, and yet he won the hole. I holed out first and my putt was longer, we both hit the green in two, I don't understand what's going on here.

Edit - Nevermind, I assume it's because he got more points on the hole than I did.

Gintoki

God Eater Burst.
Ragnarok Odyssey.
Soul Sacrifice.
Ninja Gaiden &#931;2+ ;_;

I regret buying Ragnarok Odyssey. I've bought Mon Hun: Freedom Unite recently and even though its a 4 year old game, the games depth is unmatched by RO. Its a crime to even compare them.

Top Bottom