• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | April 2013 | Sacrifice your Independent Soul

ajim

Anyone know if Soul Sacrifice is getting an AU release? I'd hate to import it only for it to be released here eventually (as with other games: Ragnarok Odyssey, Persona 4) and not support sales here locally.

However, there probably isn't a release date in mind eh...

danthefan

Anyone know if Soul Sacrifice is getting an AU release? I'd hate to import it only for it to be released here eventually (as with other games: Ragnarok Odyssey, Persona 4) and not support sales here locally.

Nothing on GameFAQs anyway about an AU release, they've usually got the up to date information. Could be announced in the future but who knows.

JoshHood

Guys. I'll be joining you soon, I just ordered myself a sweet little Vita (been hyped for too long; the last announcements with PS4 compatibility nailed it for me).

Could I ask to EU-gaffers what kind of account they're using? EU PS+ or US PS+?
I see there are more deals for US, games must be coming faster on its store, what else? I play all my games in English so I don't care about US/EU. Just want the sweetest possible deal.
I have EU (I'm in UK) and I don't think I've ever felt we've gotten the short end of the stick at all. EU Plus is great.

Holmes

FFX/FFX-II HD only digital on PSVita says Koch Media:

ZuDinB8.png

At least in Spain but, maybe worldwide only digital launch?. Very sad news for me.
Probably not in Japan, and hopefully not in NA. Squeenix was just talking about how both games don't fit on one cart, which is why they split it in two. Or do digitql-only games have the same size limitations as physical releases? Either way, this is a big release for Squeenix so I'd be shocked at digital-only... and both games would put a big dent in my memory card.

Guys - PSABR is on sale for the Easter deal here in the uk. If I buy the digital ps3 version (£15) I get a digital vita version too right?

nampad

Yes, digital PS3 version is crossbuy. I own it myself.

Guys. I'll be joining you soon, I just ordered myself a sweet little Vita (been hyped for too long; the last announcements with PS4 compatibility nailed it for me).

I see there are more deals for US, games must be coming faster on its store, what else? I play all my games in English so I don't care about US/EU. Just want the sweetest possible deal.

I am using an EU account and everything else with my real personal information as a main account. It sometime sucks because I am german and we don't get everything, but overall EU PS+ is fine, I don't think the US PS+ is better.

Because my buy download only I feel safer using my real information. Would suck if Sony suddenly changes their open stance regarding fake accounts and foreign PSN access with me having a foreign account. There is no indication they will change, but after all their approach is customer friendly and unique.

I'm using my regular EU account. Over all, EU Plus tends to be better value, but there are good titles coming on both. Which one is "best" will vary vary from month to month and which titles you prefer.

Has Sony ever skipped Australia for one of their major world wide releases?

EU PSN+ is years ahead over US stuff but games are cheaper in US plus they get some more content. Also EU account will accept you credit card.

Sid

New thread! so NGS2+ will be available in my region sometime this month apparently,looking forward to it.

tusken77

I'm thinking of picking up a pinball game, and I've never really played before. Which of the two on the Vita is better -- Zen Pinball or Pinball Arcade?

I own both and would recommend Zen Pinball the most. Loads of tables (25+), lots of play views, and it looks amazing on the Vita's screen. Plus, the latest Star Wars tables are awesome.

EvaristeG

Banned
There's something I don't get. Knowing that I have two memory cards, am I forced to restore my system each time I switch between accounts ? Let's say I have one that is dedicated to my european account, and the other one to my american account ?
I'd really like to play PS1 games in 50hz and with english dubs (MGS1, Legacy of kain...) without it being a chore.

ZeroAKA

There's something I don't get. Knowing that I have two memory cards, am I forced to restore my system each time I switch between accounts ? Let's say I have one that is dedicated to my european account, and the other one to my american account ?
I'd really like to play PS1 games in 50hz and with english dubs (MGS1, Legacy of kain...) without it being a chore.
Yes, and the process is detailed in the OP (if you haven't noticed already).

EvaristeG

Banned
Yes, and the process is detailed in the OP (if you haven't noticed already).

Thanks I just didn't see the long version so I was a little confused.
Anyway, it's kind of strange that I'm planning to play MGS3 on my Vita, but Peace Walker on the PS3.
Also, I think I'll just play DOA5 on PS3 since it's free with PS plus.

Akira_83

Banned
@theGrimyH, please read my post in the other page

thanks in advance.

I don't "hate" games or systems,Vita is the best handheld I've ever used if I don't like it I wont be in Vita threads almost every day.

I just don't like this indie focused strategy going on,I think it might be good for Vita but it's not for me,because I didn't bought Vita for years old indie ports I played already on Steam or random MonHun clones,I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who is on this side here.

what DID you buy it for then?

theres TONS of non indie and non monster hunter style games available on it

as a matter of fact theres only 2 games on the Vita so far that are clones of MH, so i dont see where you get the idea we are flooded with them

It sure is! =)

4458623.jpg

May 2nd. JB Hi-Fi and EB Games have the pre-order bonus DLC, too.

cat_585-soul-sacrfice-pre-order.png

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I just tried the Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter demos for 3DS. While I am sooo looking forward for Fire Emblem finally, I cant tell you guys how much I wanted MH on Vita. The game was a pain to play on the 3DS >_<

Don't get Ragnorok Odyssey for this exact reason. I regret the purchase. MonHun is still the king.

This is why monster hunter clones is a terrible thing to call them. Ragnarok is like a cross between PSO and GEB. MH is its own thing and none of these other games play anything like it. They are all much faster and more arcadey. Monster hunter is a much much much slower pace game with totally different feel to the combat. If you want monster hunter then get freedom unite I guess.

It's also why I liked Ragnarok. But don't expect it to feel remotely like monster hunter.

What's the deal with Soul Sacrifice pre-order DLC?
Do we know if PSN will give it out to digital purchases on day 1? They have never done digital preorders for Vita titles, right?

Edit: seems Amazon has it, but I want this game digitally.

Redhood

What's the deal with Soul Sacrifice pre-order DLC?
Do we know if PSN will give it out to digital purchases on day 1? They have never done digital preorders for Vita titles, right?

Edit: seems Amazon has it, but I want this game digitally.
They sure have. Lbp had its pre order costunes available day one on the psn for one week

what DID you buy it for then?

theres TONS of non indie and non monster hunter style games available on it

as a matter of fact theres only 2 games on the Vita so far that are clones of MH, so i dont see where you get the idea we are flooded with them

You're trying to put logic to a Totobeni post.

I just tried the Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter demos for 3DS. While I am sooo looking forward for Fire Emblem finally, I cant tell you guys how much I wanted MH on Vita. The game was a pain to play on the 3DS >_<

You'll like Fire Emblem a lot. I do wish the story was a little more engrossing and the ending was unsatisfying, but I did come right off finishing Persona 4 Golden so about anything story and character wise would pale in comparison. The combat and the grind is where it is at in Fire Emblem though.

Looking forward to the US PS+ announcements today for the month of April.

VITA version of Pinball Arcade suffers many problems that still have not been resolved, including glitches, low framerate on many tables, missing art, low res art, visible seam lines on table art and much more. The official forums have alot of the details.

http://pinballarcadefans.com/forumdisplay.php/14-Playstation-Vita

You only have to look at the thread titles.

The devs really seem spread too thin since all versions of Pinball Arcade have various problems.

wkLW3ex.jpg

Holy shit that looks DISGUSTING. It's been a while since I've bought any tables for Pinball Arcade, and it looks like I won't be getting them any time soon. =\

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
You'll like Fire Emblem a lot. I do wish the story was a little more engrossing and the ending was unsatisfying, but I did come right off finishing Persona 4 Golden so about anything story and character wise would pale in comparison. The combat and the grind is where it is at in Fire Emblem though.

Yeah, cant wait. Really annoying it took so long to get over here. I mean the FE OT is already in community for over a month when it finally releases in EU. Bleh.

Anyone having the complete lists for me whats currently on US and EU PS+? (Vita and PS3)
I tried googling/search on their blogs, but couldnt quickly find it. My internet is being really annoying today, making searching a huge pain.

btkadams

yeah, what is up with the story in fire emblem? it's so boring. luckily, it doesn't take up too much time if you don't care for it. the gameplay is absolutely awesome though, so i have enjoyed my time with the game. currently on the 3rd last chapter. it's worth the money for the battles alone. the music is pretty good too.

all this talk of soul sacrifice had me thinking it was coming out this week, but it actually releases at the beginning of may, doesn't it? :'( at least i will finish fire emblem and catherine before then.

Does anyone know how well call of duty declassified did on the Vita. I know it was #1 on the psn vita chart for a little bit. Maybe someone who works for one of the gaming sites could ask Activision.

Ohnonono

I have posted this, but only in here. I am afraid of getting banned if I talk about it in the MH thread. 3DS feels like one of my friggin kids toys. Monster Hunter is some sacred shit and I am pissed I have to play it on that crap.

Toma

I have posted this, but only in here. I am afraid of getting banned if I talk about it in the MH thread. 3DS feels like one of my friggin kids toys. Monster Hunter is some sacred shit and I am pissed I have to play it on that crap.

I am not even generally hating on the device (which no one should do), but it definitely didnt work for me for MH at all. I severely missed the second analog, and the twitchy action gameplay got me to mess up a lot due to the console design. I turned the volume up and down CONSTANTLY when trying to re-align the camera with L every few seconds. Ah well, saves me 40 bucks and lets me continue the wait for Soul Sacrifice.

Currently grinding my way through Denpa Men on the 3DS. If gameplay is not too twitchy and only top down or sidescrolling, the console works fine.

Mondriaan

I would rate Tri Ultimate an easy skip since mechanically MH4 will be very different. There's no bullshit aquatic garbage for starters.

Time will tell if Capcom is genuinely serious about the MH franchise in the west (it's all lip service I think), but I can't see them not going multi-platform like Resident Evil if they're really serious.

MH4 exclusive to 3DS, please be excited.

I will never understand Capcom's decision to keep MH only on one console at a time.

Top Bottom