• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WB Montreal BATMAN game reveal @ DCFanDome 10:25AM PDT/ 01:25PM EST / 07:25PM CEST

Javthusiast

Banned
WHAT

QxDb9rg.jpg

4BRM.gif

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Oh my god, are they pulling 2 GaaS game now? I kind of heard like they said it can be played single as well.

Sure it can be played solo but its clearly designed around multiplayer right down to enemies/bosses with health bars that scale to accommodate multiplayer. Compare this Freeze boss battle made by the same development studio to the numbers spam fuckery we just saw:

Last edited:
Horrible!!! Last year at this time we thought we were possibly getting Batman & Superman games, instead we get Batman & Superman Cameo Games!!! 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 This was BRUTAL!!!

Last edited:

Dorohedoro

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. I skipped Knight because I was completely turned off by the forced Batmobile nonsense, it looks awful. I was hoping someone else would come along and make a similar game WITHOUT that shit. If you're gonna include the Batmobile, have it be a mode of transportation only. Maybe mix a few other things up to prevent the formula from getting too stale. Wouldn't mind a few other playable characters but keep it a Batman game at heart. Now who the hell knows if we'll ever get another game like Arkham City again. Fucking hell.

acQVsbd.gif

hollams

Gold Member
The game play video was pretty rough looking and the VO just felt off. Then I saw a number 10 over an enemy and I was like, what??? Very disappointed. I wonder if the Riddler will be in it.

Nickolaidas

LOL i love social media:

Rumour a new Batman game : "OH NON Enough Of Batman I'M TIRED Of Batman NEED CHANGE"
It's actually not a Batman game: "WHAT? HUH No Batman ARE U SERIOUS??!! this game SUCKS LOLOLOL"
It's almost like there isn't a collective universal hive mind with only one opinion, but rather an accumulation of various people with various tastes and expectations.

MiguelItUp

I dunno, I understand the GaaS concerns. But I'm not really seeing it here personally. Though I could be wrong.

Now, the Rocksteady game we're seeing tonight could very well take its place and be GaaS AF. But I guess we'll find out in a few hours.

I hope we don't see a ton of titles try to pull of a Destiny-like title. Just because Destiny has been successful doesn't mean that formula is what made them successful. But of course a lot of companies don't get it. Here come the slice of pie attempts, lol.

Upon closer inspection it looks like the combat has been changed to a combo style system with grabs and dodges. No more smooth animations with punchy physics. I don't know maybe that is better for gameplay than repeatedly pressing punch button to look badass but we'll see.

Don't like the sound to enemy level scaling with the player because... what's the point then? Why brag about one of the points people hated about Elder Scrolls games?

Then there's animation and graphics which are way worse than Arkham Knight.

Obviously designed for GAAS. It will probably release with a limited storyline that gets expanded on over the generation. Meanwhile you play small DLCs and Destiny style skirmishes to level up and unlock batpoints to spend on costumes, gadgets, custom colored sprite effects spitting out of your character's ass, etc.

Javthusiast

Banned
I see this game more as a single player/2 player co op playable game with more rpg elements and enemy levels and loot and the Suicide Squad game will be actually a full on GaaS title.

Last edited:

SSfox

I hope we can do more stuff with Batgirl motorcycle like Batmobile in AK instead of just going from A to B fastly. This is the character i'm excited the most for, and Red Hood looks interesting too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

ksdixon

Wait... Whom have we got the choice of playing in Gotham Knights? My friend and I have only seen the trialer so far.

I was thinking it was:
Barbara Gordon - Batgirl
Dick Greyson - Nightwing
Jason Todd - Red Hood
Damien Wayne - Robin

But my friend reminded me that Barbara was already paralysed as Oracle in the Arkham games, and he got the impression we might play as more than just one lady.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
He's as dead as Captain America is in the Avengers game. 100% he's alive and faking it for some reason.

It’s not about him being alive. Court Of Owls doesn’t work without Batman being the main character throughout. The fact he’s sidelined means the developers haven’t read the comics properly. Doesn’t bode well.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Can't say I was particularly enthused.

The draw with the Arkham games was playing as Batman, and having his whole universe and rogues gallery surrrounding him. This just feels like there's a hollow at the center, basically a sidekick-athon which just doesn't have nearly the same appeal.

I'm not much of a comic fan, and you need to be one for these characters to feel important and significant. Batman/Bruce Wayne was always more of a general pop-cultural thing.

Looks like an Arkham game. Never really been a fan of the little Batman Wannabes but i like Arkham gameplay so whatever.

I Don't mind the RPG elements. They said the enemies and the players level up at the same pace but enemies gain more attacks. Thats cool with me if thats true.

The bike is great!(as was the batmobile. Fuck the haters)

Right now I just need to know if its playable offline. I just want to know if i should look forward to it or not.

Kuranghi

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. I skipped Knight because I was completely turned off by the forced Batmobile nonsense, it looks awful. I was hoping someone else would come along and make a similar game WITHOUT that shit. If you're gonna include the Batmobile, have it be a mode of transportation only. Maybe mix a few other things up to prevent the formula from getting too stale. Wouldn't mind a few other playable characters but keep it a Batman game at heart. Now who the hell knows if we'll ever get another game like Arkham City again. Fucking hell.

acQVsbd.gif

Just play Arkham Knight, I assume you mean you didn't play it when you said "it looks awful", just play the game. Its better than City or Asylum in most ways.

So this game is NOT a continuation of the Arkham-verse.

Sefton Hill said Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League is in the same universe as Arkham games

Fake

Just play Arkham Knight, I assume you mean you didn't play it when you said "it looks awful", just play the game. Its better than City or Asylum in most ways.

I played Arkham Knight since last month and 100% complete this week. Yeah, is not good, but is not bad either. Forcing the batmobile was a bit annoying.

Top Bottom