• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

Mdk7

Pureauthor said:
I think one reason that there have been so many more Mega Man 9 entries than P4 entries is because Mega Man 9 prevents such as obvious 'hook' that even people who only know about the game in passing can tell you why it stands out so much. Not so much for P4.
Yeah, Mega Man 9 had that whole retro aspect that was really an amazing hook for anybody.

=0 Nice flickr archive =D Hope you can keep it updated, it'll be a big job!

*waits patiently for the next challenge*

Wait, it's Mirrors Edge next, right?

*has a pop at it*

zaidr

I'd be more interested in a game that is a little bit more of a known quantity than Valkyria Chronicles. Mega Man 9 benefited because everyone kind of knew what it was, and it was fun seeing people's takes on that game, while Persona 4 ads were a bit more obscure and, frankly, didn't make much sense unless you already played it. Even if the next game is something that hasn't been released yet, maybe make it something that more people can relate to. Thanks.

edit:
Android18a said:
Wait, it's Mirrors Edge next, right?

oh.

Exypher

Actually I think AniHawk said Persona 4 would be the last 2008 game for a while, and we would get to Mirror's Edge later.

Its kinda weird and sad so many people have never played/looked into the Persona series. By far the best jRPG's out there imho.

Also, I think games that don't already have loads of promotional material should be picked. Theres loads of awesome P4 adverts already throughout artbooks and sites, but smaller indie games would make for interesting print adverts.

zaidr

SecretBonusPoint said:
Its kinda weird and sad so many people have never played/looked into the Persona series. By far the best jRPG's out there imho.

Also, I think games that don't already have loads of promotional material should be picked. Theres loads of awesome P4 adverts already throughout artbooks and sites, but smaller indie games would make for interesting print adverts.

Totally agree. All for it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
AniHawk said:
I'm starting to agree with this point, since there have been so few entries compared to MM9. The point was to kinda list any game/system/whatever and for people to give it their best shot even if they haven't played it. A few brave souls gave Persona 4 a shot without playing it, but it's still a major step back.

Still, stuff from the late 80s and 90s where there was pretty much only one type of advertisement (see DigitalA1chemy's MM9 ad) would be fun to do. I don't think Super Mario Bros. ads were kept, if there were any to begin with. Trying to sell it like it's the first time it's ever been released would be a good challenge.

Anyway, less than a day left for Persona 4. I know I said I'd hold off on it, but the next game will be Mirror's Edge (since people really wanted to do it). You can start posting them at 12:00 AM EST this Sunday. If you haven't played the game, download the demo if you have a 360 or just watch a youtube video of one of the levels like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW-vRE4adQQ to help get a feel for the game.

Or if there's a consensus for another game, we can do that one next, instead.
I still like my idea for rotating through three categories: classic retro titles, recent/current/upcoming blockbusters, and "obvious trash" that are horrible horrible games - but if you were to market them and try to sell them to make them look good, it would be a good creative exercise.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Just go by popular demand. First title to receive ten votes is next in line or something to that extent

Its just for established games like Megaman and Persona, its normally going to be just a case of people clipping official artwork with a slogan or whatever.

To make this really interesting, games that would never see an artbook release or print adverts like World of Goo, Braid, AudioSurf and as the above suggested genuinely horrible games (DragonBall the Movie PSP would be prime candidate stuff) would pose actual interesting challenges.

hitoshi

I'm in

p4gafplakatv2po3.jpg

Spoo

I'm down for Killzone 2, but I'm also cool with an idea like BioShock 2 or Mass Effect 2 -- there's not much artwork available for those games, so it'd be interesting to see what people could pull out :D

Flek said:
i dont see how a "main chrackter" is a spoiler. But if you think it is you better stay away from this topic.

@peoble who now "nothing" about the game. Just check out trailers, and both oficial sites (japanese, and us) you should get a good idea of the game i think. Te funny think while "creating" my ads i really felt like i have to go back to persona 3 and play it more ,, ;P

Oh no, I just didn't elaborate and mixed myself up. I have an idea for an ad and just wanted to make sure I use the right person without looking it up in fear of spoilers. :lol

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Not mine and not really an ad, but maybe someone can do something with it or use it for inspiration:

6146128af6b4ac7b4f7a0b975711da4b.jpg

Thats what Animal Crossing needs - proper Social Links and stuff. It should take the friend stuff much more in depth, learn a few things from Persona. It'd help add some focus and better goals to it too :p

Come on guys, poast moar!

1cesc said:
This is one of the best promotional ads I've seen done for any game. You should be hired by Atlus. :O

Could anyone make a 1440x900 version of this pic? I'd LOVE to have it as my wallpaper.

so1337

TheGOHN said:
WOW. and its not yellow.
Well, it sorta is. :D I paid special attention that there is some yellow in there.
Edit: the bold text is a bit hard to read tho.
The text in black? Yeah, I agree but I liked the font so I left it the way it was.
Lakupo said:
Ooh, I like how you subtly incorporated the screenshots.
Thanks.

Top Bottom