• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

mik said:
mirrors-edge-3.jpg
DAMNIT...this is perfect. Whoever thinks perfection doesnt exist certainly hasnt seen this.

Firestorm

20pdlbt.jpg

I'm not too sure I like the bottom part with the info that much. How the do advertisers make it look natural? Especially with how differently the PS3 logo is constructed.

Mdk7

AniHawk said:
I'm pretty satisfied with the way this one turned out (even though it's nothing more than words slapped on a picture faded at the bottom with more information stuff at the bottom... At least I'm not ripping Spoo off).

2cq1ctj.jpg
ACE.
This is my new favorite! :D

aerts1js

I've been kinda browsing this thread the last few days and you guys have a lot of talent. I like Anihawk's and Mik's Mirror's Edge one's the best so far but I honestly think all of them are really good.

Edit: And Xintin's! wow that one is really good..

AniHawk

Firestorm said:
20pdlbt.jpg

I'm not too sure I like the bottom part with the info that much. How the do advertisers make it look natural? Especially with how differently the PS3 logo is constructed.

It's visually striking, but to nitpick, I think Faith should be mirrored (flipped horizontally) since the lighting seems off and it kinda seems like she's just staring off into the blue.

AniHawk

Does anyone want a third day to work on these? Or will tonight be fine as a final due date?

Either way, next game is Left 4 Dead.

Mik2121

AniHawk said:
Does anyone want a third day to work on these? Or will tonight be fine as a final due date?

Either way, next game is Left 4 Dead.

I'm good to go for the next one, but... Left 4 Dead?.. :( I was expecting something not yet released and, as some people suggested, maybe an indie game that doesn't get any advertising so we have to think it...

AniHawk

Mik2121 said:
I'm good to go for the next one, but... Left 4 Dead?.. :( I was expecting something not yet released and, as some people suggested, maybe an indie game that doesn't get any advertising so we have to think it...

Okay, I'll leave it up to this: Left 4 Dead or MadWorld? We haven't done a dark/gritty/violent game yet.

When one is chosen, the other will be the dark/gritty/violent game for next time.

Mik2121

MADWORLD PLEASE. Not that I have any ideas for it yet, but I guess it's something different than your typical zombie game (not that there are too many and I'm not saying Left 4 Dead is typical, but still.. you get what I mean).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
AniHawk said:
Okay, I'll leave it up to this: Left 4 Dead or MadWorld? We haven't done a dark/gritty/violent game yet.
Hmm... I feel Left 4 Dead would get more input from the community, but Madworld has so much potential. Plus, we know very little about Madworld (or any unreleased game), so designing an ad for it would be hard.

I'm happy either way, honestly. :)

AniHawk

Mik2121 said:
MADWORLD PLEASE. Not that I have any ideas for it yet, but I guess it's something different than your typical zombie game (not that there are too many and I'm not saying Left 4 Dead is typical, but still.. you get what I mean).

I think L4D could be fun because you get to play off zombie stereotypes. I have only played the game once though.

Akia

AniHawk said:

When one is chosen, the other will be the dark/gritty/violent game for next time.

:(

TF2 Pitch

-Red (wood, organic) vs Blue (metal, industrial) sterotypes and design cues
-Think about all the awesome orange you guys could use
-ads can be class, map, or even item specific

http://gamerchicks.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/team_fortress_2.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/14aarsw.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/ic95hu.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/14tx455.jpg
http://www.teamfortress.com/images/posts/alpine_concept_1.jpg
http://www.teamfortress.com/images/posts/alpine_concept_2.jpg

edit: just got out of class.

woobit

This was ment as a two page ad, but I realised I didn't know where I was going with it and that it didn't really have much to do with the game. So consider this post as a placeholder for my new, upcoming (hopefully) idea...:lol

me-1.jpg

AniHawk

Akia said:
:(

TF2 Pitch

-Red (wood, organic) vs Blue (metal, industrial) sterotypes and design cues
-Think about all the awesome orange you guys could use
-ads can be class, map, or even item specific

If I say "we'll get around to it, trust me," would you please change those giant images to links to giant images?

we'll get around to it, trust me.

The next game should be Beyond Good & Evil 2, simply because I said so, and deep down, Anihawk knows I am right.

I am aware we know next to nothing about the game

AniHawk

Jaded Alyx said:
The next game should be Beyond Good & Evil 2, simply because I said so, and deep down, Anihawk knows I am right.

I am aware we know next to nothing about the game

Oh Jesus fuck we are so doing a Beyond Good & Evil thing at some point. That one and Link's Awakening are two games I wanna get around to doing.

That is, if everyone still likes doing this, of course.

AniHawk said:
Oh Jesus fuck we are so doing a Beyond Good & Evil thing at some point. That one and Link's Awakening are two games I wanna get around to doing.

Goddamnit.

*opens photoshop*

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Just spent I don't even know how much time going through each and every page of this thread.... so much talent... so much awesome... Kudos to everybody who put an ad up for all 3 games.

Can't wait to see what comes next.

Kenka

Contribution + Efforts + Great Idea = awesome material for scholars

I could very well push this idea in my former college and show what you guys did around. Brilliant.

AniHawk said:

I just finished my first Links Awakening-ad. Ready whenever it is its turn :D

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Ani: I think we've seen the extent and range of possibilities that can be done with ME. Let's do L4D starting at midnight!

Akia

so many great game suggestions. this thread really needs a poll. i would pick L4D over MadWorld if those are the two choices.

Akia said:
so many great game suggestions. this thread really needs a poll. i would pick L4D over MadWorld if those are the two choices.

I'd have to agree with this. It seems like towards the last day people always start putting in their voice to the next game they want to see rather than submitting more ads. A poll with 3-4 games each decision time would be best probably. Not sure if you can even do that though. :lol

Vinci

Danish
durendal said:
Not as good as the rest, but I'll post it anyways.

MirrorsEdgeAd-1.png

full size

Thought I'd let you know, but my designer wife said yours is, in fact, the best ad of the bunch. So kudos for catching her eye. She's picky as hell.

Ranger X

WOW.

Some of the Mirror's Edge stuff is downright professional. I really hope some you realise you could do this as your day job. Seriously.

What no gears 2 mentions? or what about damn rock band... lots of creativity there..

and I have an idea, but I am lacking motivation, and I am trying to picture it right

I picture a trashcan with a GPS in it and then you see faiths shadow like she is jumping above in the air, with a caption of "break free"

done in flat reds and whites like the games theme

oh and Seaman would make a great game to make an advertisement for..

Akia

John Harker said:
MadWorld, it needs all the help it can get sales-wise :D

Is the point of the thread to help increase ad awareness for games on internet message boards or just to create awesome ads for the hell of it?

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Akia said:
Is the point of the thread to help increase ad awareness for games on internet message boards or just to create awesome ads for the hell of it?

Seems like its to post whatever game you want to be next :S

Jugendstil said:
ok92jl.jpg

Way more cartoony than I originally planned but I'm happy with it. This thread is awesome, I am amazed by the work in it.

I love the style you went with. Really, really like this one.

Akia said:

Just for fun i guess, but making ads for upcoming ads is imo more fun, if only to see if one of us comes close to an official ad (or a real ad looks like a complete ripoff of a gaf-ad :p).
Therefore im for Mad World for the next game. Maybe 2 upcoming games, then 1 old game, and from the start. Ads for non-released games are imo more exciting to make.

Top Bottom