• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

AniHawk

orioto said:
MirrorsEdgeAdd.jpg

Say hello to my own feet !
You get the idea, but it's hard to find the good english slogan :(

If I could offer some advice, it would be to make the screen shots colorized so they stand out.

AniHawk

xintin said:
These Mirror's Edge ads have been amazing.
What's the deadline? Hopefully I can find some time to get one out.

Deadline's set for tomorrow night (check the first post for updates). If people want to keep doing this, I'll extend it by a day before moving on.

orioto

Good Art™
AniHawk said:
If I could offer some advice, it would be to make the screen shots colorized so they stand out.

You're totally right actually, but i like it more like that :D

edited with the alternative, but it's ugly.. or maybe not, i don't know... I must go to sleep.

MirrorsEdgeAdd%27.jpg

Mdk7

orioto said:

edited with the alternative, but it's ugly.. or maybe not, i don't know... I must go to sleep.

MirrorsEdgeAdd%27.jpg
way better like this IMHO orioto!

mik

mik is unbeatable
The full-color screenshots support your concept better. You're setting ME up as a contrast to the mundane things your eyes normally take in. Makes sense for them to be more vibrant, conceptually.

painey

I love mik's the most, there is so much concept art, screenshots and official artwork for Mirrors Edge out there online and most people have just used a piece of it with slight variation but mik's majority is fresh and clean, and they really stand out as great pieces.

Haunted

Apparently the choice of game is hugely important, because the ME ones are so much better than those before. Looks like that game really got people's creative juices flowing.

Quality thread. Excellent work, gentlemen.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Haunted said:
Apparently the choice of game is hugely important, because the ME ones are so much better than those before. Looks like that game really got people's creative juices flowing.

Quality thread. Excellent work, gentlemen.

The availability of in-game assets and artwork (and familiarity with the game) seems to be most important thus far.

Vinci

Danish
Hazaro said:
Not to mention they did these in less than a day :lol

Just tells you these game companies should start scouting here, 'cause the difference between some of these - particularly mik's for ME - and some of the 'professional' ones I've seen are night and fucking day. It's not even close.

I'd hire the whole bunch of you people.

Juice

Thank you Anihawk.

I'm hardly ever on the gaming side anymore, so I caught this thread late. Great idea, but even greater participation by the community. Hilarious thread so far.

Wish I still had a Photoshop license lying around so I could dig in

pakkit

Banned
Haunted said:
Apparently the choice of game is hugely important, because the ME ones are so much better than those before.
Really? I thought the Megaman 9 ones were really creative, especially since they seemed more boundless given the unimportance of actual screenshots or assets from the game.

Lakupo

PantherLotus said:
The availability of in-game assets and artwork (and familiarity with the game) seems to be most important thus far.
I'm sure EA's websmasters are wondering why the Mirror's Edge press asset section of their site is getting so much action all of the sudden.

I'd also say Mirror's Edge and Mega Man 9 are more straightforward in message, whereas Persona 4 has more angles to cover: life sim, murder mystery, hopping into TVs, etc. It's hard to convey all of those in an ad. (and of course, now I have another good idea for a P4 ad, when it's too late and I'm trying to work on my ME ad... maybe I'll do it anyway.)

Hot damn, I love this thread. Lots of awesome creativity in here.

I'm going to try and work on the next game, whatever it may be :D

orioto said:

MirrorsEdgeAdd%27.jpg
This would be perfect if you made the toenail a bright red.

mik

mik is unbeatable
NullPointer said:
Edit: "Swing" is the only element that seems out of place IMO.
You're absolutely right. Tweaked it and updated the original--you may need to refresh to see it. I think it works better now. Thanks for the feedback!

jrricky

Banned
painey said:
everytime i scroll past orioto's ad i could swear its a cock, its very disconcerting.
:lol

Oh how I love this thread. I use Photoshop but I am such a lazy bastard to make my own ads. I use the damn program for my current game Im working on too much so I deserve some time off.:lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Mirror's Edge excelling makes sense because it's such a unique, interesting visual style. The possibilities are much greater, and I think doing something striking (or alternatively, absurdly clean) fits the game really well.

Love this thread. Some of these are just amazing. I'd join in if i was competent with photoshopping. :/

I'd love to see Left 4 Dead or TF2 like others are saying. Real potential for awesomely cheesy taglines. :)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Jugendstil said:
[IG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2s68nz4.jpg[/IMG]

Way more cartoony than I originally planned but I'm happy with it. This thread is awesome, I am amazed by the work in it.
If I had talent this is what I would've made. :lol

Well done.

Haunted

pakkit said:
Really? I thought the Megaman 9 ones were really creative, especially since they seemed more boundless given the unimportance of actual screenshots or assets from the game.
Oh, I totally didn't want to put down the other ads, I enjoyed the nostalgia and difficulty angle many of the MM9 ads played.

Y2Kev said:
Mirror's Edge excelling makes sense because it's such a unique, interesting visual style. The possibilities are much greater, and I think doing something striking (or alternatively, absurdly clean) fits the game really well.
Yes, definitely a factor. Makes it tough to pick out the "right" games to get maximum awesomeness in here.

Jugendstil said:
Way more cartoony than I originally planned but I'm happy with it. This thread is awesome, I am amazed by the work in it.
I think the puffy clouds are responsible for the cartoony impression. It's still good stuff. :D

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Awesome stuff. Looking forward to the next game you guys makes ads for. Great work guys.

Haunted

Linkzg said:
let me give it a shot

hmmm...uhhh...MADWORLD
Don't make me quote your avatar.

While true, I think a problem might be that there's not enough material/assets for MadWorld out there. Oh well, it's Ani's decision anyway.
Do PoP!

Haunted said:
Don't make me quote your avatar.

While true, I think a problem might be that there's not enough material/assets for MadWorld out there. Oh well, it's Ani's decision anyway.
Do PoP!

PoP could work, but I'm already tempted to make one featuring a light seed with the text "ready to collect a thousand more?"

and I think MadWorld would be a legit. great choice (ignore my avatar) because it too has a very striking visual style to it, plus we know how gory it is, so I think cool things can emerge from those two things alone.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'd like to see Braid. Or Pac Man Championship Edition. Basically anything XBLA/PSN since you dont see advertisements for those games

methane47

awesome awesome awesome stuff guys... seroiusly.. really high quality work in here..

But ya.. here is another popular phrase about faith maybe you guys could use it
"faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen"

Wario64 said:
I'd like to see Braid. Or Pac Man Championship Edition. Basically anything XBLA/PSN since you dont see advertisements for those games

Or Calling all Cars! ... or Tower Defense! or Uno to mix it up.

AniHawk

I'm pretty satisfied with the way this one turned out (even though it's nothing more than words slapped on a picture faded at the bottom with more information stuff at the bottom... At least I'm not ripping Spoo off).

316lu34.jpg

Top Bottom