• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Japanese Sales (November 21 - 27)

polg

ki/oon said:
OK here is a glimpse of things to come, again thanks to Shinobi :

-Animal Crossing still going strong, about 500K sold in two weeks, still low on stock.
-Bio Hazard 4 PS2 breaks 200K on first week.
-Monster Hunter PSP breaks 100K on first week.

But DS is said to be the main platform salewise. Previously released titles have seen a jump of 1,5 to twice their previous weekly sales.
-Tamagotchi DS is closing 500K.
-Asobi Taikai breaks 200K.
-Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon DS and GBA combined break 400K.
-Brain Training DS breaks 800K.
-Soft Brain Training DS breaks 700K.
-Nintendogs (3 versions) breaks 800K.

DS hardware sales are about the same as last week, and are expected to grow even bigger with the release of Mario Kart in a few days.

how many copies does RE4 have to sell on ps2 to
break the curse and surpass the GCN sales

cvxfreak

polg said:
how many copies does RE4 have to sell on ps2 to
break the curse and surpass the GCN sales

A few hundred thousand to go, thanks to the US market.

The curse is international. Mikami may be uprooted in one territory, such as with Killer 7 in Japan, but he wins the world war, so to speak. :)

cvxfreak

soundwave05 said:
RE4 PS2 ain't outselling the GCN version.

The Japanese sales will likely suffer a large drop off next week.

RE4 made it to 220K on the Famitsu midyear chart. So the PS2 one is likely going to pull ahead if these numbers are true.

Probably won't happen in the US though.

olimario

Banned
SOME THINGS
-Good job Japanese gamers. Lap up RE4 just like you did Outbreak. This one won't leave a bad taste in your mouth.
-Oogami owned. Every DS/Nintendog/AC/non-game hater ever has been owned and repeatedly.
-This news means DS will do roughly 400k in 3 weeks. That is insane.

AniHawk

olimario said:
SOME THINGS-This news means DS will do roughly 400k in 3 weeks. That is insane.

Not really. The top systems in Japan usually move that amount around this time of year. :)

olimario said:
SOME THINGS
-Good job Japanese gamers. Lap up RE4 just like you did Outbreak. This one won't leave a bad taste in your mouth.
-Oogami owned. Every DS/Nintendog/AC/non-game hater ever has been owned and repeatedly.
-This news means DS will do roughly 400k in 3 weeks. That is insane.
:lol

I still don't understand these "non-games" haters. Haven't you guys lost already, over and over again? Just wait until Brain Training II comes out in a few weeks. :lol

The DS is literally the king of Japan. I would have never guessed this would happen so fast. They haven't even released a Pokemon or Final Fantasy game yet either! 2006 is going to be crazy, just wait.

It's good to be on the winning team

AniHawk

PhoenixDark said:
I still don't understand these "non-games" haters. Haven't you guys lost already, over and over again? Just wait until Brain Training II comes out in a few weeks.

Untitled-1.jpg

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Mrbob said:
Rogue Galaxy > Dragon Quest 8

lol.

But speaking of that, is Rogue Galaxy out now?

Also, if those RE4 numbers are true, I must say I'm impressed. Did better than I thought.

heidern

1. ps2 Biohazard 4 243,000 243,000
2. DS Animal Crossing 130,000 456,000
3. psp Monster Hunter Portable 114,000 114,000
4. DS Slime Mori Mori 2 46,000 46,000
5. GBA Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon Red 39,000 209,000
6. DS DragonBall Z 36,000 36,000
7. DS Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon Blue 35,000 209,000
8. GBA Rockman EXE 6 33,000 140,000
9. GC SD Gundam 28,000 28,000
10. DS Brain Training 26,000 812,000

8 for the good guys.

Riskbreaker said:
I think the PS2 version of RE4 will indeed outsell the GCN version if this Capcom PDF is accurate.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/data/pdf/fy2005b.pdf

Resident Evil GCN
Japan: 210,000

Wow, GCN lifetime sales owned by a few days sales on the PS2! Once again, was it a bad idea to announce the PS2 version before the GCN release? These sales might say YES!

Anyway, if BH4 was released next week, that chart would have been 9/10 Nintendo! :0

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
heidern said:
1. ps2 Biohazard 4 243,000 243,000
2. DS Animal Crossing 130,000 456,000
3. psp Monster Hunter Portable 114,000 114,000
4. DS Slime Mori Mori 2 46,000 46,000
5. GBA Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon Red 39,000 209,000
6. DS DragonBall Z 36,000 36,000
7. DS Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon Blue 35,000 209,000
8. GBA Rockman EXE 6 33,000 140,000
9. GC SD Gundam 28,000 28,000
10. DS Brain Training 26,000 812,000

8 for the good guys.
Impressive RE4 PS2 number. I was fearing the worst like many that it sold less than 60K in its first week. Maybe File#2 didn't leave a bad taste after all :)
Go Monster Hunter Portable!!!! Someone please make an impressions thread for this game. I need to know how capcom mapped the Gunner controls.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
great news for Capcom and throughly deserved because RE4 is absolutely fantastic.

Xbox port now so all the xbots can learn the love :)

"I need to know how capcom mapped the Gunner controls."

i'll do that right now.

first thing i'd say is they SHOULD have allowed you to skip level 1 missions. They are as tedious and as dull as they were in MH1 and given that i suspect people who bought the game are MH1'ers, having to go and collect mushrooms, cobwebs, cook meat etc... it really is painful.

as previously stated, the graphics (although a tad grainy) look stunning.

anyways - loading up now to check gunner controls.

Jonnyram

So are you playing on your own or did LEOsh pick it up too?
I can't say I'm not tempted, but do you know how many good games there are out right now? :)

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"So are you playing on your own or did LEOsh pick it up too?
I can't say I'm not tempted, but do you know how many good games there are out right now? "

LEOsh didn't pick it up yet - i'm sure once she heres the cooking tune, she'll go buy it.

How many good games : yes, went to the local games store...

Mario, Mushiking, Monster hunter P, Ryu, Rogue, some of the X360, Slime, etc etc...

i need to clone myself to play all this stuff.

Top Bottom