• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Japanese Sales (November 21 - 27)

jarrod

Banned
Izzy said:
Oh, it did. In the US...it's out on 2005-12-08 in JP/ :)
Ah thanks. Makes sense given that the JP version of AC!D 1's a year old now. :)

I wonder if Kojima Productions plan on making AC!D an annual release, similar to Boktai on GBA/DS?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
wait a minute. The DS outsold all other hardware platforms COMBINED this week? Are you freaking kidding me?

:lol

Culex

Banned
Square2005 said:
2001 Famitsu Sales/Total:

GBA(minus SP) - 4,200,305/8,896,703
GC - 925,926/3,835,430

It's hard to compare Famitsu's to Media Create's numbers but the DS might very well outsell what the GBA did in 2001.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that it could do 430k in the next 4 weeks.

Culex said:
It's hard to compare Famitsu's to Media Create's numbers but the DS might very well outsell what the GBA did in 2001.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that it could do 430k in the next 4 weeks.

Hmmm ... I think 430k is attainable. The last week of December is going to be *huge*, maybe 200,000+ or more.

littlewig

Banned
Are we going to include all of December for the DS's first year, or up until it's release week last year?

If it's all of December, DS is going to easily outsell GBA's first year. With the holiday season, Dragon Quest Slime 2, Mario Kart, Brain Training 2, and Animal Crossing, DS is going to venture near the million range.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
huh? Bebpo also said there was a Devil Summoner coming for PSP so both of them are wrong ? o_O I'm confused.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Oh, I didn't know that either. :lol

If WE9 couldn't sell, why would anyone expect this one to though?

Thomper

So next charts (this week) will have Slime Dragon Quest, SD Gundam Gashapon, and Power Pocket 8, the week after that is Mushi King/Mario Kart DS, then nothing for a week or three, and then Brain Training 2 with Mario & Luigi?

DS won't drop below 100.000 for the rest of the year, that's a pretty sure assumption.

monkeyrun

Thomper said:
So next charts (this week) will have Slime Dragon Quest, SD Gundam Gashapon, and Power Pocket 8, the week after that is Mushi King/Mario Kart DS, then nothing for a week or three, and then Brain Training 2 with Mario & Luigi?

DS won't drop below 100.000 for the rest of the year, that's a pretty sure assumption.
because it's christmas

Grug

Why the fuck did I buy a PSP.

I havent touched the piece of crud for months.

I could have bought a stack of DS games instead.

Lesson learned.

PSP am spanked.

stone128

I'd like a PSP for the Rockman and Harvest Moon games... there's another game I can't remember I want on it too. But there's no way in hell I'm paying anything over 150 $ for it, so I'm won't get it for a couple of years. I'll pick it up when the price is right and it has a nice selection of games available. Me ftw.

jj984jj

stone128 said:
I'd like a PSP for the Rockman and Harvest Moon games... there's another game I can't remember I want on it too. But there's no way in hell I'm paying anything over 150 $ for it, so I'm won't get it for a couple of years. I'll pick it up when the price is right and it has a nice selection of games available. Me ftw.
IAWTP

PezRadar said:
Say hi to christmas
Ehh, I don't think so. If it were holiday sales causing things to pick up, I wouldn't expect that the overall numbers would be so flat. The big increases in recent weeks are DS and PSP, which we can attribute to Animal Crossing and Giga Pack respectively.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
mutsu said:
Actually, Yahoo is no longer providing daily sales for games. They informed people a long time ago that they will stop providing the daily sales info.
So 11/29 was the last day?

cvxfreak

mutsu said:
Actually, Yahoo is no longer providing daily sales for games. They informed people a long time ago that they will stop providing the daily sales info.

I thought that was the Oricon website itself...

I hope someone else provides the data.

Jonnyram

No, it's the Oricon company that stopped providing dailies, as of 30th November.
One of the retailers who usually leaks early numbers said Biohazard sold about 40,000 on day one and Monster Hunter was so-so, and all the new DS stuff performed weakly.

Jonnyram said:
One of the retailers who usually leaks early numbers said Biohazard sold about 40,000 on day one and Monster Hunter was so-so, and all the new DS stuff performed weakly.

Woh, doesn't sound good at all.

Jonnyram

Personally, I'm not surprised... first off all DS games have to compete with last week's AC and next week's MK. PS2 owners are mostly holding out for Rogue Galaxy, Ryu ga Gotoku and other games. Besides, both Monster Hunter and Biohazard 4 are ports, so it's hardly surprising to see them selling poorly.

mutsu

That's no good at all... that means games like Power Pro Pocket, Super Monkey Ball, Dragonball Z, and Slime Mori Mori potentially all bombed.

BH4 selling poorly is expected... This is exactly the result Capcom deserves for extremely poor decision making in deciding to port the game to PS2.

jj984jj

Jonnyram said:
Personally, I'm not surprised... first off all DS games have to compete with last week's AC and next week's MK. PS2 owners are mostly holding out for Rogue Galaxy, Ryu ga Gotoku and other games. Besides, both Monster Hunter and Biohazard 4 are ports, so it's hardly surprising to see them selling poorly.
KH2. Everyone is waiting. :D

It's sad everything else is bombing though. SDQ2 as well?

ziran

Jonnyram said:
i expected more from re4.

capcom figures from magicbox show:
http://www.the-magicbox.com/game20051127.shtml
Capcom revealed the sales figures of game titles released in first half of 2005 fiscal year:

Resident Evil Outbreak 2 (PS2)
- 200,000 units in North America
- 200,000 units in Europe

Killer 7 (PS2, GC)
- 12,000 units in Japan
- 150,000 units in North America
- 100,000 units in Europe

Sengoku Basara [Devil King] (PS2)
- 190,000 units in Japan

Dark Watch (PS2/XB)
- 340,000 units in US

Rockman / Mega Man series (PS2/XB)
- 500,000 units worldwide

- Capcom revealed the sales forecast of 4 upcoming game titles:

Biohazard 4 / Resident Evil 4 (PS2) - 2 million copies (Japan / North America / Europe)
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams (PS2) - 1.3 million copies (Japan / North America / Europe)
Rockman EXE 6 (GBA) - 600,000 units (Japan)
Monster Hunter 2 (PS2) - 300,000 units (Japan)
it's sad to hear about so many ds games with weak 1st day sales but i wasn't expecting huge sellers from any of them. i thought dbz, hamtaro and power pro would do around 100k and dq slime to sell around 200k.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Resident Evil Outbreak 2 (PS2)
- 200,000 units in North America
- 200,000 units in Europ

I was under the impression that Outbreak File#2 sold less than 50,000 copies in the US alone? 400,000 isn't too bad for a capcom title(Given most of the other bombs they had this generation). Resident Evil Outbreak File#3 please :)

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
yes yes yeeeees, i'm so glad Killer7 did so well!

Those have to be shipped numbesr though, theres no way the sell-through was so high...

Either way, AWSOME.
I want my damn sequal SO bad...

And Suda deserves his respect for such an amazing game.

Can't wait for CONTACT and his Rev game :)

And then Killer9!

Link

The Autumn Wind
mutsu said:
BH4 selling poorly is expected... This is exactly the result Capcom deserves for extremely poor decision making in deciding to port the game to PS2.
I don't think actually porting the game was a poor decision so much as announcing the port before the GC version came out, then waiting nearly a year to release it.

They basically killed off a bunch of hype for the GC version, then let interest dwindle until barely anyone cared anymore.

cvxfreak

Yeah.

sinobi said that stores weren't selling tons of them. 40K though, ouch.

Once it's all said and done, this may have backfired on Capcom.

Top Bottom