• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best looking game that YOU have ever seen?

This is obviously subjective based on art style, photo realism, graphic fidelity, etc. What for you has been the peak of what a game should/has looked like up to this point in gaming? Even if it's skyrim with 100+ mods. Hit us with some beautiful-ass gifs/images šŸ˜

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

bubsy.jpg

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
It's still Ratchet & Clank: A Rift Apart for me. Looks better than many of the Netflix shows my kid watches, which is ridiculous.

I do think that there's an avalanche of "next-gen" looking games right around the corner though. The next 2-3 years are going to be amazing.

Also, I'm going to take this opportunity to state that while Horizon Forbidden West is a technical marvel, it's ugly as shit.

Last edited:

poodaddy

I can't choose between these.

Cyberpunk maxed with ray tracing.
Blasphemous.
Street Fighter 3 Third Strike.
Witcher 3 maxed with ray tracing.
Garou Mark of the Wolves.
Demon's Souls remake, not in terms of the art style changes, but the game looks flawless to me.
MegaMan X4.
Scorn.

All of these games look essentially ideal to me, just perfect, and if a gun is to my head on any given day, my answer could be completely different based on my mood, but it will always be one of these.

It's weird for me. I played TLOU and Horizon Zero dawn, but I get burned out and never finished them. But from what people say I feel like I should try the sequels for the spectacle alone.

Kuranghi

It's weird for me. I played TLOU and Horizon Zero dawn, but I get burned out and never finished them. But from what people say I feel like I should try the sequels for the spectacle alone.

I played 60 hours replaying Horizon 1 and the DLC for it on PS5 just before Horizon 2 released like a moron so I got burnt out on 2 around 70 hours, I'll go back and finish it really soon though. After I finish RE4 Remake.

I played 60 hours replaying Horizon 1 and the DLC for it on PS5 just before Horizon 2 released like a moron so I got burnt out on 2 around 70 hours, I'll go back and finish it really soon though. After I finish RE4 Remake.
Did the gameplay feel like much of the same? I loved HZD for most of the game, but then it started to feel repetitive. Does this comment mean it's the same for HFW? That's why I've been skeptical of getting it

Guilty_AI

On a more serious note, everything considered, i'd have to say Teardown.

I know many people will shirk because 'TAH CUBES', but in my opinion, the combination of full ray tracing effects, simulated physics and particles and all the added atmospheric effects makes for a game with one of the most cozy and pleasant level enviroments i've played.

On a more serious note, everything considered, i'd have to say Teardown.

I know many people will shirk because 'TAH CUBES', but in my opinion, the combination of full ray tracing effects, simulated physics and particles and all the added atmospheric effects makes for a game with one of the most cozy and pleasant level enviroments i've played.

Bro can you not try to win this thread twice?

STARSBarry

Gold Member
As stated subjective and all that.

visually I often think about Journey, other games include Okami, 13 sentinels and surprisingly Megaman Legends.

But I have to say from a purely visual perspective I think Journey managed to nail a consistantly unique and beautiful style throughout.

I think on the quest for photorealism people forget about the depth something with strong visual design brings to the table, in 20 years time many of the games touted in this very thread at the apex of visual fidelity will look dated.

Journey never will.

As stated subjective and all that.

visually I often think about Journey, other games include Okami, 13 sentinels and surprisingly Megaman Legends.

But I have to say from a purely visual perspective I think Journey managed to nail a consistantly unique and beautiful style throughout.

I think on the quest for photorealism people forget about the depth something with strong visual design brings to the table, in 20 years time many of the games touted in this very thread at the apex of visual fidelity will look dated.

Journey never will.

My dude, thank you. I'm glad you reminded me of this game. I really want to try this

Crayon

God damn.. I was not expecting fighting Hames, but these are blowing my mind. You know, I'm a dark souls vet.. but I'm feeling like I need to delve more into these games to test my skills

Not gonna lie, it's an aquired taste and it's not the easiest game but at least soak in the visuals and the soundtrack. Oh and a word of warning... the story mode is non interactive. A lot of people try it and wonder when they are ever going to get to play lol. It is also going to jump into the middle of a bunch of unexplained shit.

Maybe start with the training mode which is rather good. Actually maybe just start in arcade mode turn up the volume and hammer the shit out of your controller.

Warablo

AC Unity (Interiors and size scale), RDR 2 (world), Division 1 NYC (world), TLOU II (textures), Cyberpunk 2077 (world)

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
In terms of art R&C Rift Apart is like playing a Pixar movie. 2nd place is the first Ni no Kuni. Absolutely beautiful. This has nothing to do with anime by the way. I donā€™t watch anime. I just really appreciate beautiful art.

Last edited:

Schmendrick

CP2077 with maxed RT surprisingly closely followed by HFW. Then there's nothing for quite a while and then come games like LoU2, Plague Tale:R, GoT etc.
The newly released RT version of the Witcher 3 fully modded is also easily still among the best looking games to date and ofc RDR2.

Last edited:

SSfox

Too bad about those shit controls šŸ‘€ Also if they take what they learned from rdr at put it in GTA6 I'll never stop playing it
Yeah the controls could've been better, but you can actually make the game much better with some changes in settings, idk how Rockstar put those default setting, it's like some of the worst possible default setting they could've put in the game

lmimmfn

While I can't say it's the best ever ever in terms of gfx, but for me it's Battlefield 2 and the Special Forces expansion pack. Never before had I experienced such amazing graphics and gameplay

Unfortunately there's better gfx now but nowhere near the gameplay.

Yeah the controls could've been better, but you can actually make the game much better with some changes in settings, idk how Rockstar put those default setting, it's like some of the worst possible default setting they could've put in the game
Even on console? That's how I played it. I get why people love it. Those in world events make one of the most dynamic worlds I've ever seen. That's why I really have hope for gta6. My optimal experience for gta 6 would be if they kept and advanced on the physics of max payne 3 and added the depth of rdr2

Top Bottom