• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your most memorable Final Fantasy moment? [Spoilers, kupo.]

Desi

When the Shadow Lord showed up and wrecked everyone in FFXI: Wings of the Goddess.

http://postimage.org/app.php

Damn! so sad that I stopped early on in that expansion.

This FFXI scene, Blue Mage artifact and the truth behind the curse:
pol2014-09-2519-50-57-59.png

pol2014-09-2519-51-54-13.png

Mingledorff

Neo Member
The scenes from X-2 and Lightning Returns that OP mentioned, along with the scene in Home from FFX when Tidus finally learns the truth. Oh and when you first fight a Lucavi in FFT.

Arthea

I actually got that ending and still would rather forget I even bought the game. You watch Yuna play dress up with her BFF's in about 40 hours of nonsense. Classic case of not leaving a good thing alone and ruining it by extending it and having to come up with "creative" stuff to fill it up with.

how that ruined anything? do we pretend that all those people who liked and like FFX-2 don't exist still?
FFX-2 is not the best FF game, true, but it is a damn good game and as a bonus has the best combat in series, girls as main protags and is fun to play, so shush!
and let's not forget that 1000 words is actually very memorable

Mar Nosso

Banned
how that ruined anything? do we pretend that all those people who liked and like FFX-2 don't exist still?
FFX-2 is not the best FF game, true, but it is a damn good game and as a bonus has the best combat in series, girls as main protags and is fun to play, so shush!
and let's not forget that 1000 words is actually very memorable

I certainly do! You might like it, but to me it's trash. Only a touch above the FFXIII sequels which I didn't waste money on thankfully.

It's no Dancing Mad. Or The Extreme.

I guess I should have mentioned that FF7 was my first FF game I had played at the time (my first RPG was Wild Arms).
Hearing that orchestra blew my mind away. Watching Sephiroth use Supernova while the song played was mind blowing at the time. Link.

Second best memory was the opera scene in FF6.

Baleoce

FFXI - Defeating Tenzen aboard the airship, and gaining access to Al'Taieu (Sea)

Al'Taieu-pic.jpg

Also, the Young Griffons storyline in Wings of the Goddess. best accompanying side story to the main missions imo.

Falcs

Banned
I have to agree with the OP. That whole space sequence in FF8 is up there as one of my most memorable gaming moments ever. It was just amazing.

Croyles

Most of the obvious have already been said, but Teraflare in FFXIV hasn't. Fitting the actual encounter version is just as good as the End of an Era cinematic.

Unfortunately, all the videos of just it are wipes. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFboldco3ho&ab_channel=AgentJGaming

You fight a mini-Bahamut inside Bahamut as the actual Bahamut is huge. To put it in perspective, you can see one of his wings in the first turn of the raid, and you fight on one of his claws in another turn of the raid. And the entire raid storyline is a race to shut down the systems repairing Bahamut before his body is fully healed.

And then T12 is also a runner up as you get a CG cutscene after beating it that explains what happened in the white space between Louisouix fading away and the "A Realm Reborn" part of the CG trailer that debuted when ARR launched showing how Bahamut came to be in this state.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lNfcrBZVKbU&t=8m0s

This video linked to the 8 minute mark shows more of the build up. Definitely a stand out moment!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Wow, there are just so many to choose from... though I'd probably say the intro the FF4 (which was my favorite all time game for a while, though nowadays I prefer FF5), seeing Cecil as the captain of the Red Wings and hearing the theme song... my introduction to how amazing the SNES soundchip was.

Other memories:
-When I was little and my dad took me along while he ran errands. I sat in the car, reading Nintendo Power... and they began their coverage of the original. The way they presented their coverage was almost like a story and it really drew me in, being someone who liked the original DQ. Later got the game for my birthday that year and played all summer long.

-The Opera House in 6
-First time I imported a game was FF5, first MP3 I ever downloaded was Gilgamesh's song
-FF7 Aeris death, Sephiroth flashback scenes
-FF8 being the first FF I truly disliked
-When I met some girl online and she wanted to hang out and show her the ending of FFX because she couldn't beat Braska's Final Aeon
-Getting a phone # while waiting on line to play FFXIII-2 at NY Comic Con one year

The Finest Brew

Neo Member
The entire I Want To Be Your Canary sequence in FFIX. That's how I knew this game was special.

Also, most of your encounters with Beatrix are all equally great. Especially when she finally decides to do what's right and fight for Alexandria, not just Queen Brahne.

Seeing Argus kill Tietra (being remade via cutscenes especially in FFT / War of the Lions).

And probably seeing Besaid Island for the first time in FFX (I'm a sucker for tropical areas in JRPG's especially ones with good music) or seeing the Gold Saucer in FFVII for the first time.

Edit: I'd add seeing Rabanastre for the first time too. That definitely was something amazing. Ugh... I miss Ivalice... really want a remaster of XII! :(

Cool! Thought I was the only one. Absolutely loved landing in Besaid.

javadoze

Playing Final Fantasy VI and getting to the start of the 2nd half of the game and...

Celes waking up to Cid caring for her after a year, then going on to gather fish for a sick Cid. Initially, I thought this was a mindless fetch quest and paid it no mind, but unbeknownst to me, Cid dies and Celes proceeds to committing suicide off a cliff...

This whole moment took me by surprise as the guide I was following made absolutely no mention of failing that fish fetch quest whatsoever. (It was vague about checking if the fish you caught was good or not.) The moment afterwards where Celes sees possible proof Locke might still be alive and sets out to reunite the party was really worth it, though.

I'd almost go as far to say that the narrative is far stronger with Cid dead rather than staying alive.

beef3483

The opening to FF7 followed by Kefka betraying the emperor in FF6.

Honorable mention: Sephiroth kiling Aeris, the opening to FF6, the opera house in FF6.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I really liked the two moments from FF8 in the opening post. However, the most memorable for me will always be the opening of Final Fantasy VI, followed closely by the opening of Final Fantasy IV, followed in third by waking up as Celes in the World of Ruin.

Top Bottom