• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys if possible i'd like some recommendations. it's been a while since i watched a full series and i feel like seeing what's out there. here's what i like: good animation, very little filler, and minimal fanservice. if it's a good manga i'm already reading it and won't bother watching.

last show i watched was one punch man, before that gurren lagann. other favorites are gits: sac/2nd gig, full metal panic, boogiepop phantom, escaflowne, full metal alchemist.

thanks in advance.

Watch Barakamon, it's one of the best comfy and hilarious sol out there.

Even people who aren't into slice of life have enjoyed the series immensely.

Cornbread78

Dimension W ep.9
Really good episode. Even though it was a ton of dialogue, it gave us a ton of backstory and closed the loop on why Kyoma treats her the way he does. It must be painful to see every day.

Line_HTX

I started Kizu today so getting closer. Two pages about Hanekawa's panties sure was something especially when I realized Nisoisin wrote less about them here than Jexhius had.

The amount of detail on the big screen though...

And it lasted long enough for a random passerby to spin out, crash and flip his car over.

And if course the bounce from the wind.

Shinobu's short hair is alright, just a little different.

I admit, this was the first time I've heard of and seen those three enemies to her though.

Russ T

Banned
The amount of detail on the big screen though...

And it lasted long enough for a random passerby to spin out, crash and flip his car over.

And if course the bounce from the wind.

Literally laughed out loud in the theater. Shit was ridiculous. That car crash ahahaha.

Cornbread78

hey guys if possible i'd like some recommendations. it's been a while since i watched a full series and i feel like seeing what's out there. here's what i like: good animation, very little filler, and minimal fanservice. if it's a good manga i'm already reading it and won't bother watching.

last show i watched was one punch man, before that gurren lagann. other favorites are gits: sac/2nd gig, full metal panic, boogiepop phantom, escaflowne, full metal alchemist.

thanks in advance.

Erased is a manga that just finished, but the anime is airing currently.

Fate/Zero
Eureka 7
Angel Beats
Comet Lucifer
Kokoro Connect

Just sone random shows you might be interested in.

Only 185 posts until a new thread..

konosuba-ep-1-3.png

So I watched the first two episodes of Seiyu's Life.

And it was pretty fun. I feel like it balances informing viewers about the industry, and poking fun at various roles in the industry.

I'd like to know how the meme of Trump and anime became a thing.

I know it was a thing prior to the "Trump fans masturbate to cartoons" sounding comment someone made.a

ibyea

Banned
I'd like to know how the meme of Trump and anime became a thing.

I know it was a thing prior to the "Trump fans masturbate to cartoons" sounding comment someone made.a

It became a thing because people noticed that a lot of posters with far right views had cute anime girls as avatars. It may have been confirmation bias, who knows, but that is where the association comes from.

I watch GATE and Grimgar. The former is the worse show in my opinion. I watch it because everything about it now is just so goddamn hilarious. That journalist legit made me laugh. And yeah there's the whole thing about the show glorifying Japan to the heavens and back, but that has been a thing since episode 1. Watching Itami gain accolades for doing ridiculous stuff kind of remings me of how Phoenix Wright wins cases. They are both kinda similar, now that I think about it.

Also I watched Zootopia today, I know a few of you here did too. Movie touched on some pretty good stuff such as ostracism/racism, was pretty damn funny, and beautifully animated. It was really good, characters were great. Fun fact, there wasn't a single child in the audience to my surprise. I was expecting it to have some adults, but I also expected to see some kids. Nope, not a single one.

It became a thing because people noticed that a lot of posters with far right views had cute anime girls as avatars. It may have been confirmation bias, who knows, but that is where the association comes from.

considering how many goober gators have kill la kill and neptunia avatars i can see where its coming from

Russ T

Banned
Also I watched Zootopia today, I know a few of you here did too. Movie touched on some pretty good stuff such as ostracism/racism, was pretty damn funny, and beautifully animated. It was really good, characters were great. Fun fact, there wasn't a single child in the audience to my surprise. I was expecting it to have some adults, but I also expected to see some kids. Nope, not a single one.

That's 'cause they made the movie for furries.

Anime!!!

jbug617

Banned

Cornbread78

Trump will save anime in the west!

Huh you serious?

Did I miss the memo where they were universally considered garbage and a waste of time? It's hit or miss, absolutely, but they are generally "safe" anime that do not push the envelope on fanservice and have sone really good animation at times, which are two of his criteria. Gotta try something different, ya know.

Trump will save anime in the west!

Did I miss the memo where they were universally considered garbage and a waste of time? It's hit or miss, but they are generally "safe" anime that do not push the envelope on fanservice and have sone really good animation at times, which are two of his criteria.

One is keyshit and not even Nintendoman liked Comet Lucifer.

Thats a surprise. There was a kid in mine, he was laughing so much. Same for me.

No more Shakira singing in movies please.

Quasar

That's cool. It also doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to call out that you should have seen this coming since it's typical of every LN.

Also, calling Grimgar sexist pandering when handwaving GATE, the anime with rape and alluded pedophilia, is a bit strange.

Pedophilia?

Calling it 'sexist pandering' reeks of sex negativity and is a rather regressive perspective considering Grimgar actually has some fairly fleshed out characters. Fanservice is dumb, sure, but it doesn't detract from the story itself.

And personally after the first couple of episodes it pretty much disappeared, aside from the idiot character no one likes.

ibyea

Banned

thanks in advance.

From the New World
Ping Pong
Stein's Gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom