• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
hidasketchxh1b.jpg

How could you say such a thing?!

Wow that looks horrible.

Narag

One Piece 57

Villain in arc sucks (much like the rest of it) but boy do I like the light goings-on on the Going Merry. I mentioned it once before but the menial stuff in the screen above does wonders in presenting them as more family than crew.

The more I think about this arc too, the more it seems like it had been better off as movie length. Not sure being divided up into episodes did it any favors given the need to have a climax each ep.

Articalys

Okay, Kill Me Baby license is a false alarm. Apparently Otaku USA is full of shit.
Either that, or Discotek is playing the "we can't officially announce it yet so we're denying it for now" card. Who knows.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well then I'll stick it out, but I'm not apologizing ahead of time for the vast amounts of vitriol I will spew when forced to endure the three worst characters in my entire anime viewing experience.

Honestly the kids aren't that bad at the very end, sure they're still annoying but it's not really about them so much as it is Renton and Eureka's relationship and where they fit into it.

Syrinx

So I was bored earlier so I made a list of backlog anime I need to watch.

-From The New World(already started but it's been long enough that it qualifies as backlog.
-Steins;Gate
-Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
-Dennou Coil
-Penguindrum
-Black Lagoon
-Hellsing
-FLCL
-Fate/Zero
-Heartcatch Precure
-You're Under Arrest
-Outlaw Star
-Blood C (lol)
-Neon Genesis Evangelion
-Rurouni Kenshin
-Soul Eater
-Deadman Wonderland

Also, what's that anime about exploring homosexuality or whatever that people were talking about and some are watching? The name escapes me.

I've seriously never watched any of these.

BluWacky

Also, what's that anime about exploring homosexuality or whatever that people were talking about and some are watching? The name escapes me.

It's Wandering Son (also known as Hourou Musuko). The whole show is on Crunchyroll if you want to watch it.

There's no need to be embarrassed about not having seen every show ever. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Ultimadrago

Hataraki Man 4

Damn.

The focus on apologies reminded me of the introduction in Paranoia Agent. Heck, I believe both of these characters could fit in that world with minimal tweaking.

In past episodes, we have seen that Hiroko's best can lead to quite favorable results in her work place. But this doesn't work for everyone in every situation. Shinji has learned over the years that sometimes your best simply isn't enough or you can do your best
too late
to make an optimal difference. This goes for Shinji's occupation and his love life. That doesn't free him from the opportunities of decision-making and he becomes quite aware of this. He harbors issues with belonging, control and commitment. The audience is informed through the events playing out and Shinji's monologue about all of the previously stated.

I said, "Damn."

Between this episode and the previous one compared to the first two, this show overall has been improving a notable deal.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm assuming you mean Hourou Musuko/Wandering Son which is part of backlog season, though that's more specifically about gender dysphoria.

Re: your list: You haven't dropped Utena, I hope.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

-From The New World(already started but it's been long enough that it qualifies as backlog.
-Steins;Gate
-Dennou Coil
-Penguindrum
-Black Lagoon
-Hellsing
-FLCL
-Fate/Zero
-Heartcatch Precure
-You're Under Arrest
-Outlaw Star
-Blood C (lol)
-Neon Genesis Evangelion
-Rurouni Kenshin
-Soul Eater
-Deadman Wonderland

Needs more Gintama and Birdy unless you've already seen those.

wonzo

Banned

-Steins;Gate
-Dennou Coil
-Penguindrum
-Black Lagoon
-Hellsing
-FLCL
-Fate/Zero
-Heartcatch Precure
-You're Under Arrest
-Outlaw Star
-Blood C (lol)
-Neon Genesis Evangelion
-Rurouni Kenshin
-Soul Eater
-Deadman Wonderland

Replace GitS: SAC, Outlaw Star & Deadman Wonderland with Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still, Gintama and Wings of Honneamise and you'd have one ballin' backlog list.

Wandering Son but it's more about gender identity than homosexuality, for that you'd want to check out Aoi Hana which was written by the same mangaka.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wandering Son but it's more about gender identity than homosexuality, for that you'd want to check out Aoi Hana which was written by the same mangaka.

Did someone say homosexuality and Aoi Hana?

CALL FIREHAWK

Syrinx

Replace GitS: SAC, Outlaw Star & Deadman Wonderland with Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still, Gintama and Wings of Honneamise and you'd have one ballin' backlog list.

I liked Ghost in the Shell enough and have heard too many good things about SAC to remove it from my backlog. So no deal. Gintama has been thrown into the pile.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hyakko 1-6

You don't say.

Watchable but unremarkable slice of comedic life with cute girls and far too much quality. It's better than Hidamari Sketch, but then so is having your teeth extracted.
I'm kidding, they're about equal.

So Neptune's got her Victory design while the other characters have their old ones.

For those who aren't overly familiar with the games, please be aware that Blanc is the best goddess. All glory to Lowee etc.

No.

Wrong.

Nepgear is by far the best. Not even a contest. Really

rpmurphy

Picked up and watched through Magical Index last night, felt a bit terrible at work today as a result because of 2 hours sleep. Guhhh...

Premise was pretty good, but the plot was messy and the "drama" aspects were laughable. But it was addicting to watch, probably because of it also being a harem... Railgun worth watching, or is it more suffering for the brain?

Branduil

-Steins;Gate
-Dennou Coil
-Penguindrum
-Black Lagoon
-Hellsing
-FLCL
-Fate/Zero
-Heartcatch Precure
-You're Under Arrest
-Outlaw Star
-Blood C (lol)
-Neon Genesis Evangelion
-Rurouni Kenshin
-Soul Eater
-Deadman Wonderland

Add Digimon Adventure: Our War Game, One Piece Movie 6, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars so you can be ready for the Hosodapocalypse next month.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I dunno why, but the middle stuff hit a nice sweet spot for my brain. I liked it all really.

I never found anything in the span of episodes 3-8 to be bad (well, episode six maybe), just that those episodes couldn't live up to the really high standards set by the first two. Jinrui can be really intelligent and biting when it wants to be, and I didn't like the diversion away from dark social commentary into otaku meta-humor, the bad action and awkward world-building of the P-on stuff, and the infamous
use of two episodes for a single pun
. The premise of the show was too ripe for exploration and novel to ever not be at the center of events, and I think I could forgive that stretch of episodes more if it had been a two-cour series with room for some unconventional breather episodes.

The shift in focus was really just the difference between AotY and top ten contender for me, not good and bad. Jinrui's still great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom