• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Not Yes 5. It's really mediocre. I'm ecstatic that you loved Heartcatch, though! Your preference rankings match mine perfectly so far.

If I can work up the motivation to finish SuperS I'd probably simul-watch Futari wa with you and Regulus if we could all just get on some kind of general timetable established.
Are we bailing that quickly on DokiDoki? lulz
I'll probably watch it tonight! :D
Cure SDBurton. Cure Diligence.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So is Sailor Moon R easier to watch than S1?

The first thirteen episodes are an unimpressive filler arc, and everything after that ranges from passable to good and heavily hinges on how much you can tolerate
Chibiusa
. It's probably the weakest season, but I made it through with no difficulty.

duckroll

Considering they had material to adapt , i don't know why they should have gone on an original anime route. Content is content , after all.

Because it's bad? Just because something is based on an existing source doesn't mean anything. It the source material is bad but has some good ideas which could create the foundation for an interesting show, something good can still come out of it. The first 7 episodes of the show wasn't really faithful at all. Yet it was really engaging. Once they decided to faithfully stick to the source material, it is a sign that they have given up in terms of creativity. Incidentally that's also the time where the show just goes straight to shit.

Yep, pretty sad, but I'm glad something like this exists.

I did get in the cajun-approved Nurse Witch Kogumi complete collection yesterday and watched the first couple episodes. Pretty fun show so far :).

Awesome! I'm glad you like it. I'll have to pick this up myself. I loved SoulTaker, which is probably like the polar opposite of that. xD

The first thirteen episodes are an unimpressive filler arc, and everything after that ranges from passable to good and heavily hinges on how much you can tolerate
Chibiusa

First 13 being the USA named "Doom Tree Series?" Yay Moonlight Knight. :p

7Th

From what I've seen so far from the Precure series there has not been a character like Erika. Ever. Her pushy, energetic, mischievous nature was lovable and endearing and she never failed to make me smile when the opportunity was available. We're talking about someone who had the responsibility of protecting the world and would try to use one of her magical items to clean her room for convenience. How absurd is that?!

Erika is the best magical girl character of all time. No joke.
9LJH1oj.jpg

Now I need to decide which Precure season to watch next. :lol

Doremi

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
One Piece 523-539

Dayum.

lol at
Sanji's nosebleeds actually being an important plot device.

I have a feeling this arc will be all about
everyone being handicapped due to them being underwater while fighting opponents that are actually much weaker than them. Personally, I like that. I don't want them to blow all their new post-time skip superpowers so soon.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Not Yes 5. It's really mediocre. I'm ecstatic that you loved Heartcatch, though! Your preference rankings match mine perfectly so far.

If I can work up the motivation to finish SuperS I'd probably simul-watch Futari wa with you and Regulus if we could all just get on some kind of general timetable established.

Thanks for the heads up. I'd totally be down for a Precure simul-watch. Just let me know when you guys are available and we'll sort out some times.

Cure SDBurton. Cure Diligence.

Haha! I need to think of a cool phrase before I transform.

zeroshiki

I want to see firehawk interview Kawahara.

"How does it feel being the author of the worst piece of literature since Mein Kampf?"

cajunator

Banned
Chibiusa

I realllllly dont like chibiusa. It might be difficult. Ill soldier through it.

Awesome! I'm glad you like it. I'll have to pick this up myself. I loved SoulTaker, which is probably like the polar opposite of that. xD
Komugi is even more adorable than she was in Soultaker, plus there are appearances from most of the cast.

Chronoexe

And then you have it ...when i saw this episode i just lost it ...
I couldn't watch more ..i took a break..
Every warning sign was on with the siren screaming " get the hell out" .( in my mind )
So i stopped and waited until he serie was done to watch the rest.
Ep 29 is just ..."horrible".

Then when i saw the last episode airing , i watched the rest in one go ...

Nice stuff.

made the same mistake but I return in episode 36, and I will never forget the rage in the final chapter OMG the rage.

I had to cone into work on my day off AGAIN :(

I dont think I will ever have a peaceful week off work.
Have had to work extra every week.
Sooooo exhausted.
Post cute things please.
Any kotoura artwork of her with cat ears?

My turn

Take this:

And thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

and HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand kotoura artwork of her with cat ears a little NSFW

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Can't marathon something that just began airing!

Oh man that's going to take a bit. I already know Cure Pine and Cure Muse would be at the bottom. :lol

Marine > Fire > Sunshine > Sunny > Peace > Melody > Peach > Blossom > Moonlight > March > Happy > Passion > Berry > Pine > Beat > Rhythm > Beauty > Muse

zeroshiki

To be serious, this is gonna be nothing but a knob slobbing fluff piece by the Western press on Japanese author Kawahara-sama. I doubt I'd even bother to read it when it comes out.

Defuser

GINTAMA 249-252 " We're so sorry"
i can't believe i've watched those episodes.

The team animating/adapting gintama is something else..
Let me give you an example:

See this ? it's a simple shot of this scene .. now instead of doing a close-up to provide detail on everyone faces or any other angle to better see things , the clever guys choose this angle .. with a convenient cat on the roof of that house. it's not that good animated and it lack details , but they try to trick the viewer by nicely animating the cat on the roof.

it's easier to animate a cat on a roof rather than 5 character talking ! Clever guys.

Ep 249 was alright , i enjoyed that shikigami so i'm glad to see her back for this episode.
Ep 250 was better with some nice jokes and more familliar faces teh amount of trickery they put into doing everything was silly
Ep 251 wasn't great.. no offense kotatsu but it was boring.

EP 252 , however was a nice gigantic troll.

Fake preview or not ..i already had my fill of fakes gintama end of seasons. Still this one was better than the others because you trully see how the cast of gintama is strong , strong enough to do anything.. and that everyone the author included , not afraid to reflect on ....

Reflect ?

Screw that they're not reflecting on anything , it's crazy how they can mock everything in sight that way.

-------
About the gintama 2011 run

Those 50 episodes was a very nice ride.
i got a awesome HD reboot , the 4 diva arc ...
I don't know if Ep 206 was a filler or not but it was genuily good , especially when i don't like catherine character that much.. it freaking worked.
The 4 diva arc was freaking legendary. and the 215 episode happenned .i was hyped for more awesome and then ...

i guess i have to wait guys , right , right ?
Anyway thinking back i got another food mind battle episode that was pretty good , a elisabeth arc with star wars, star trek, gundam and super robot references every step of the way.

The love plus & the sket dance episodes were nice , very nice even.

The 239/240 trolling episodes were indeed golden in their own way and the thorn arc openned the floodgates for more epic to come ( i hope it will come dammit !! ).

No really gintama is gintama-tier when it comes to comedy. Each character is freaking unique and the amount of awesomeness is unmatched by many many other series.

VERDICT ( 249-252 ) : GOOD
VERDICT ( season ) : AWESOME

How the heck can they get away with this :

I just don't know ..

Now a little break before watching more gintama

You're nearly there, watch the Kintama arc and then you can join us in saying how fuck awesome this Courtesan promise arc is! Anything related to Yoshiwara always turns out to be the best arcs ever aside from the 4 Diva arc.

To be serious, this is gonna be nothing but a knob slobbing fluff piece by the Western press on Japanese author Kawahara-sama. I doubt I'd even bother to read it when it comes out.

But of course.

Kawahara is the genius who created one of the great literary works of our time, filled with believable characters and genuine emotions.

Even Kotaku recognizes his transcendental genius, rivaled perhaps only by the rising star of the anime industry, Mari Okada.

Because it's bad? Just because something is based on an existing source doesn't mean anything. It the source material is bad but has some good ideas which could create the foundation for an interesting show, something good can still come out of it. The first 7 episodes of the show wasn't really faithful at all. Yet it was really engaging. Once they decided to faithfully stick to the source material, it is a sign that they have given up in terms of creativity. Incidentally that's also the time where the show just goes straight to shit.

2 things : the only difference i recall from the anime and the manga is that they added more action in the early episodes and that's it .. the changes that adding action in the start of zetsuen provided was some minor locales changes and 1 extra scene.
In fact they crammed several pieces of aika backstory early to provide a better escuse for the characters actions ( mashiro in particular ).
Oh and there was this chidlhood episode that provided nothing knew except explain why the 2 characters are best friends for life.

In fact the thing they modified never had any impact on the plot or the plot twists , they always used those changes to explain properly the world or the character relationshipss rather than in the convulted way the manga did.
That's a good change

However, there was never any reason to change the twists or the key points in the story. I mean people want zetsuen , not something else.i'd understand if this was a Work in progress ( the arc ) when the anime was being made , so the anime team could have gone with their vision ( like the first FMA ) but here it's not the case ..
Or "dance in the vampire bund" where the author told shaft to do something else than a straight adaptation.

Unless 1 of those 2 things had happenned , why expect a change ? You can think it's stupid ( it may be ) but that's not a reason to just change the story "just because" ..i totally disagree on the "creativity" aspect.

Jarmel

Banned
But of course.

Kawahara is the genius who created one of the great literary works of our time, filled with believable characters and genuine emotions.

Even Kotaku recognizes his transcendental genius, rivaled perhaps only by the rising star of the anime industry, Mari Okada.

Well the levels of writing for all three are about the same level. Remember that while geniuses may think alike, so do idiots.

Novid

Banned
folks. if you find a girl who likes anime - thats good.
but if your girl send you to a convention and you deside to quit because she put out after the convention, that bad news.

its like siddx always said *paraphrasing*

fujoshi***** is the worse KIND of *****

madp

The Light of El Cantare
folks. if you find a girl who likes anime - thats good.
but if your girl send you to a convention and you deside to quit because she put out after the convention, that bad news.

You mean that conventions aren't just fronts for clandestine backroom otaku orgies? That's, like, the main draw dude.

zeroshiki

To be fair, there really isn't a "great" light novel writer operating right now. If someone had great writing skills, like Higashino Keigo or Tsutsui Yasutaka, they'd be writing legit books instead of dabbling in light novel ghetto.

I mean, Kamen Rider Kabuto is a published bestselling author.

You're nearly there, watch the Kintama arc and then you can join us in saying how fuck awesome this Courtesan promise arc is! Anything related to Yoshiwara always turns out to be the best arcs ever aside from the 4 Diva arc.

no . i'm gonna stop gintama for now.

I need a break from the awesome.

Not saying how long my break will be

Jarmel

Banned
To be fair, there really isn't a "great" light novel writer operating right now. If someone had great writing skills, like Higashino Keigo or Tsutsui Yasutaka, they'd be writing legit books instead of dabbling in light novel ghetto.

I mean, Kamen Rider Kabuto is a published bestselling author.

I would like to see anime adopt more full blown novels.

3d futanari (for my friend at least) have treated him well...too well in fact.

wtf

Novid

Banned

I mean, Kamen Rider Kabuto was written by a published bestselling author.

and was good for it mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom