• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade - Announcements and News 2011 Edition

Anyone else having difficulty downloading anything from Xbox Live? I can connect just fine but I can't download my Marvel vs. Capcom DLC or anything else. :(

nli10

mikespit1200 said:
Did anyone see the Sonic Adventure deal earlier? I caught it this morning but now it's gone.

It was the Gold Family pack deal last week if that's what you mean?

They hide those deals at the end of the spotlight channel so sometimes I forget to check (and Nelson rarely mentions them).

DoctorWho said:
Anyone else having difficulty downloading anything from Xbox Live? I can connect just fine but I can't download my Marvel vs. Capcom DLC or anything else. :(

Live has been broken for some time now. I presume this is why they're doing that Live Labs thing.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
First Stacking DLC titled 'Lost Hobo King'
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/294168/news/first-stacking-dlc-titled-lost-hobo-king/

Stacking is about to receive a DLC add-on called 'Lost Hobo King' according to an Xbox achievements list.

The revealing achievements have cropped up on Xbox360Achievments, showing challenges for a 'Lost Hobo King Adventure' which appears to add four new achievements to the game for a total of 50 extra Gamerscore.

Apart from confirmation that DLC is underway, there's been no official word on what it will entail.

If you missed it, Stacking is the superb Russian Doll puzzle adventure from Tim Schafer and Double Fine which went on sale last month via PSN and XBLA to critical acclaim.

BigMack

Outland Coming in late April/early May
http://www.shacknews.com/article/67858/outland-coming-late-aprilearly-may

Downloadable platformer Outland will be coming to the PlayStation Network in late April or early May, the PlayStation Blog revealed today. Though the post didn't provide a specific date, an official tweet from Housemarque confirmed that it will hit Xbox Live Arcade "around the same time."

The game was revealed last year, and playable at PAX 2010. It's drawn comparisons to Ikaruga for the ability to shift between enemy alignments to dodge fire, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for its exploration elements, and Out of this World for its art style. That means it could be a treat for retro gamers.

TheOddOne

sneaky77 said:
Those vids are all kinds of broken... part 3 starts with some of part 1, part 2, starts and then somehow ends playing parts of part 1...
Yeah.
xbhaskarx said:
That's Xbox LIVE not XBLA, so it's not really relevant for this thread.
Maybe someone should create a new thread for this?
I was hesitant to put it here, but dunno if its worth a thread though.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So that Trailer site claims Wakfu will be 1200 points... but they also say it's an MMORPG! So.. er... Nelson's Blod post claims it'll be 800...

I expected 1200 personally, but I hope this isn't another stupid pricing error on the Major's blog. Got my points all squared away, to get Wakfu and Strania from one set of 1600 points...

Kafel

Banned
SAB CA said:
So that Trailer site claims Wakfu will be 1200 points... but they also say it's an MMORPG! So.. er... Nelson's Blod post claims it'll be 800...

I expected 1200 personally, but I hope this isn't another stupid pricing error on the Major's blog. Got my points all squared away, to get Wakfu and Strania from one set of 1600 points...

It will be 800 points. That site probably mixed it with another game from the same universe.

edit : 1200 points it seems, wait for a sale in a month

Ghobusters : SOS is this week, right ?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I've just recently started watching the Wakfu animated series, and if the game is is good as the show, it's still a guarenteed purchase for me. 14 stage co-op brawler/shooter/RPG hybrid sounds fine for the price. I just hate it when Major Nelson gets things wrong, weeks in advance, and lets a bunch of ill will build up when the *correct* info is shown. Seems a bit unfair to the publishers.

Happens much too often. Plus, being the lone 1200 pricepoint on that day, from what we've seen, sets it in a bad light. As well as being the only 2D art game... Sounds like an uphill battle for Ankama. Especially outside of France.

BigMack said:
From MajorNelson's Twitter:

Wonder why they did that?

maybe because of the WP7 marketplace. The WP7 release of the week and Deal of the Week are announced usually on Monday night, and the deal starts on Tuesday. So maybe it is to keep the same schedule.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Shig said:
Strania US trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4EC4m73SQk

That DLC sounds amazing; a whole new campaign from the enemies' viewpoint with new bosses, stages, and music? That's essentially a full-blown sequel.

Agreed. Note that the Trailer is also available on XBL itself, too. I think enemies may have their own weapons too (the beam looked unique to "Side VOWER") so it really sounds like a great idea.

Love how grandious and overblown things look in the game. Sunset Mecha showdowns, sattelite beams destroying areas far below, fighting multi-screen gunships, enemy mecha that are 10x bigger than you... really the awesome oldschool flavor. + Awesome music!

PJX

SAB CA said:
Agreed. Note that the Trailer is also available on XBL itself, too. I think enemies may have their own weapons too (the beam looked unique to "Side VOWER") so it really sounds like a great idea.

Love how grandious and overblown things look in the game. Sunset Mecha showdowns, sattelite beams destroying areas far below, fighting multi-screen gunships, enemy mecha that are 10x bigger than you... really the awesome oldschool flavor. + Awesome music!

Awesome

I wish they would release some of their Dreamcast stuff like Under Defeat.

OMG Ghostbusters is 100% terrible. Boring gameplay, and possibly the worst sound design of any game this year. Seems half made, and they just threw it out. Same feeling I got with TMNT: Re-shelled. BAD

This is all based on the demo, but still BAD!!! The best part of the demo was when the theme song rolled at the end over the video - it actually made that crap look interesting.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Keyser Soze said:
OMG Ghostbusters is 100% terrible. Boring gameplay, and possibly the worst sound design of any game this year. Seems half made, and they just threw it out. Same feeling I got with TMNT: Re-shelled. BAD

This is all based on the demo, but still BAD!!! The best part of the demo was when the theme song rolled at the end over the video - it actually made that crap look interesting.

I was kind of worried about that, I didn't think it was possible to screw up a twin-stick shooter these days, if only because there are so many of the blighters now.

N4Us

Ska Studios is holding an event to win an advanced download of Vampire Smile in Redmond, WA

Come play (and possibly win an advance copy of) "The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile" at the H Bar located in Redmond's Hotel Sierra!

Be among the first five folks to stop by this Saturday between 6-9PM and receive a code to download a free, advance copy of "The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile". Easy!

Can't make it Saturday? Don't worry, because all week long an Xbox 360 kiosk will be setup at H Bar, so stop by and play the game before its April 6th Xbox LIVE Arcade release!

More information on the Redmond Hotel Sierra:
http://www.hotel-sierra.com/locations/redmond/default.aspx

Keyser Soze said:

goddammit. I'm a huge ghostbusters fan so I'll probably play through this shit anyway, even if it sucks. was hoping it'd be good but who am I kidding, you can just tell

Top Bottom