• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade - Announcements and News 2011 Edition

Ghostbusters is pretty awful. The way it forces you to play with 3 AI buddies even in single player means you can just stand there and do nothing.

StingX2

If it lags online the game tends to leave the lagging player behind only letting him catch up once the level has completed. Makes for some hilarious party chats but lordy this game has issues galore.

N4Us

Bw1Jz.gif

Not Awesome.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dungeon Fighter Online Brawls On To Xbox Live Arcade
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/24/dungeon-fighter-online-brawls-on-to-xbox-live-arcade/

Soon you’ll be able to play Dungeon Fighter Online, Nexon’s multiplayer online brawler, on Xbox 360. Magna Carta 2 developer Softmax is working on the console version.

Dungeon Fighter Online will be released on Xbox Live Arcade and just like the PC version the client will be free to download. Nexon plans on using the same freemium (that is free to play, but pay for items) business model. That’s new territory for Xbox 360 since JoyRide, which was originally announced as a microtransaction game, became a Kinect launch title.

Nexon will release Dungeon Fighter Online worldwide in eight languages. Nexon is handling the English, Korean, and Chinese localization. Microsoft will take care of French, Spanish, Italian, German, and Japanese. Dungeon Fighter Online is Nexon’s first console title and the console version is an Xbox 360 exclusive.

def sim

Kafel said:
Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica X will be released this Fall on XBLA.

Why are they waiting til this Fall? Looking at that port, barely any effort was made and they are probably already done.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Battle Slots RPG -- Puzzle Quest Meets Slot Machines
http://www.gamerbytes.com/2011/03/battle_slots_rpg_puzzle_quest.php

Phantom EFX have revealed Battle Slots, a new title currently coming to PCs, but according to the developer they're planning for PSN and Xbox Live Arcade releases later.

Battle Slots follows many of the tropes of the very popular Puzzle Quest games, except instead of matching 3, you're using random Slot Machines in order to determine your mana and attacks.

The trailer makes the idea seem really cool, certainly better than some of Infinite Interactive's other puzzle-based RPGs (Puzzle Chronicles). Hopefully Microsoft or Sony see this and pick it up for release.

besiktas1

Yay I called RE4 as a xbla game. My guess 800pts.

Also when the next batch of Capcom HD games get announced/released (RE6 and DMC) I expect to see case zero for both of them too.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Shard said:

That's actually pretty cool looking, except for some of the artwork looks awkward. But otherwise, it seems to have all the proper sound effects/bells/whistles to make the battles seem exciting and interesting.

However...

Shard said:

WOHOO! WOHOO! -insert BisonYES here-

Capcom's Dungeons and Dragons Arcade Games + MMORPG + Online Arena Brawler with a Free-To-Play game model, on my console? Dungeon Fighter is such a fun game, the only thing that ever kept me from playing it more is the fact it's on PC. I've wanted this game to be on XBLA ever since catching wind of it's Korean class intro videos, and I'm extremely happy to hear that this is happening!

Really, REALLY want more info on this. The game has awesome spritework and design variety all ready, so I couldn't care any less on if it gets an "HD" treatment. But I'd expect it to now get true Widescreen, at least.

I wonder if the picture posted hints at new in-game artwork for this release?

ara02.jpg

Probably not, But that "Slayer" in the front, looking like a Pallette-swapped Sol Badguy probably doesn't hurt things! :lol:

I forgot what game Dungeon Fighter was until I youtubed, i'd think they need to improve some things here and there to make microsoft happy, maybe new art?

plc268

besiktas1 said:
Yay I called RE4 as a xbla game. My guess 800pts.

Also when the next batch of Capcom HD games get announced/released (RE6 and DMC) I expect to see case zero for both of them too.

No way, 1200 pts minimum. I can't see it going for 800.

I'm not sure if it's been posted, or if i am supposed to even post this, but Might & Magic Clash of Heroes hits April 13th. Trailers coming soon, including one entirely done by Capy (it's a doooozy).

Cromulent_Word said:
I'm not sure if it's been posted, or if i am supposed to even post this, but Might & Magic Clash of Heroes hits April 13th. Trailers coming soon, including one entirely done by Capy (it's a doooozy).

Nice, I'm interested in the game, it dragged my attention after those first set of screenshots that were released few months ago.

bubnbob

Banned
Cromulent_Word said:

ahhhh so hot. can't wait.

Cromulent_Word said:

Totally forgot about this. Any chance for a Steam port?

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Cromulent_Word said:
Any thoughts on a Commodore 64 port?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Cromulent_Word said:
Nice. Did you guys get the week to yourselves? Spring is getting hella crowded.

besiktas1

plc268 said:
No way, 1200 pts minimum. I can't see it going for 800.
Trust me its going to be 800pts. I am the guy who said 10million kinects :p

Also They'll keep dmc chapter zero at 800pts. Maybe 400 if its really short. No more disk based dlc or free demos Capcoms on a commercial winner. Expect more paid demos announced at e3.

At least one from EA to test the waters.

HadesGigas said:
Ghostbusters is pretty awful. The way it forces you to play with 3 AI buddies even in single player means you can just stand there and do nothing.
Funny you mentioned that. My first time with the demo, my controller died right at the very first room, the game kept going (usually it pauses) and the AI mopped up the enemies for me. I did die once though.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
If you visit the game's official site: http://www.wakfu.com/en/xbox-360

You can learn that it will apparently have at least 1 avatar award (a Platypus pet), that it is, apparently, really 800 MSP (says so at the end of the site!), And that it's multiplayer seems to be same-console only, in case there was any doubt.

Oh, and the demo will have "3 free playable levels".

The achievements from this game also will unlock items for the Dofus or Wakfu MMO's, if you happen to play (or plan to play) either of those on PC. It's a pretty cool idea, I'd love it if Ragnarok Online ever did that, or the upcoming XBLA version of Dungeon Fighter Online.

Very nice site, and a great primer on the basics of the world and characters. Glad to see a certain elder Dragon making an appearance!

SAB CA said:
If you visit the game's official site: http://www.wakfu.com/en/xbox-360

You can learn that it will apparently have at least 1 avatar award (a Platypus pet), that it is, apparently, really 800 MSP (says so at the end of the site!), And that it's multiplayer seems to be same-console only, in case there was any doubt.

Oh, and the demo will have "3 free playable levels".

The achievements from this game also will unlock items for the Dofus or Wakfu MMO's, if you happen to play (or plan to play) either of those on PC. It's a pretty cool idea, I'd love it if Ragnarok Online ever did that, or the upcoming XBLA version of Dungeon Fighter Online.

Very nice site, and a great primer on the basics of the world and characters. Glad to see a certain elder Dragon making an appearance!

Nice. Just read through everything. This week is packed with awesome.
Picking up Wakfu, Strania, and Moon Diver for damn certain.
If Rush & Attack has a good demo I might snag that too.

Nelo Ice

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Nice. Just read through everything. This week is packed with awesome.
Picking up Wakfu, Strania, and Moon Diver for damn certain.
If Rush & Attack has a good demo I might snag that too.

and raskulls+world of keflings will be on sale for 400 pts a piece

btw reminder if anyone hasnt already sign up for xbl rewards and get a 5% rebate on march purchases(if u stay gold through march)
http://rewards.xbox.com/

jintek

Banned
I actually may end up getting RE4 HD (for the 4th time), as much as I'm ashamed to admit it. But I'm a sucker for XBLA stuff anyway, I've probably spent over $400 just in the marketplace...

Just a great selection, but there's still A LOT that needs to make it to XBLA. The only game I've had to go off the grid and use my JTAG for was UMK3...which got pulled from XBLA sadly.

SAB CA said:
That's actually pretty cool looking, except for some of the artwork looks awkward. But otherwise, it seems to have all the proper sound effects/bells/whistles to make the battles seem exciting and interesting.

However...

WOHOO! WOHOO! -insert BisonYES here-

Capcom's Dungeons and Dragons Arcade Games + MMORPG + Online Arena Brawler with a Free-To-Play game model, on my console? Dungeon Fighter is such a fun game, the only thing that ever kept me from playing it more is the fact it's on PC. I've wanted this game to be on XBLA ever since catching wind of it's Korean class intro videos, and I'm extremely happy to hear that this is happening!

Really, REALLY want more info on this. The game has awesome spritework and design variety all ready, so I couldn't care any less on if it gets an "HD" treatment. But I'd expect it to now get true Widescreen, at least.

I wonder if the picture posted hints at new in-game artwork for this release?

Probably not, But that "Slayer" in the front, looking like a Pallette-swapped Sol Badguy probably doesn't hurt things! :lol:
I've never even heard of this game, but it looks interesting.

BigMack

Jesus Christ there's a ton of shit on sale this week that MS never even announced. On the dashboard, in the Extreme Shopping Sale Week promotion, there is:

Casual Arcade Games:
Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Decade Duels - 400
A Kingdom for Keflings - 400
Crazy Taxi - 400
3D Ultra Mini Golf 2 - 400
Costume Quest - 600
Monkey Island 2 - 400
Faery: Legends of Avalon - 600
Gyromancer - 400

Core Arcade Games:
Doom 2 - 400
Quake Arena Arcade - 800
Zeit 2 - 400
After Burner Climax - 400
Alien Breed 1: Evolution - 400
Alien Breed 2: Assault - 400
Darwinia+ - 400
Defense Grid - 400
Unbound Saga - 160

Awesome Add-Ons:
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Bundle - 1000
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Pack - 400
Halo Wars: Historical Battle - 400
Halo Wars: Strategic Options - 400
3D Mini Golf 2: Fairy Tales - 120
Mirror's Edge: Pure Time Trials - 400

And some junk for your avatar.

Thanks a lot MS. Here I was thinking I was only gonna be spending 800 points this week, but NNNOOO!! You had put a ton of stuff on sale and now I'm looking at 4,000 points or so. And they will have a 1 day only sale on April 1st.

Gowans

You not putting that in a new thread?

No reason for anyone not to get Defence Grid or Red Dead Zombies if they have Red Dead.

BigMack

Gowans007 said:
You not putting that in a new thread?

No reason for anyone not to get Defence Grid or Red Dead Zombies if they have Red Dead.

Someone else will have to make it. I don't have enough posts yet to be able to make threads. I would have if I could though.

Top Bottom