• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade - Announcements and News 2011 Edition

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
SapientWolf said:
So far:
Swarm- March 22nd
Moon Diver- March 29th*
Red Faction: Battlegrounds April 6th*
Dishwasher: Vampire Smiles April 6th
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes- Mid April

*Assuming that they release the same time as PSN.

Rock of Ages, Bangai-O, Dungeon Defenders, and Toy Soldiers: Cold War are also pegged for the late Spring / early Summer timeframe. Bangai-O has cheves so it should be in the queue already.
I think Sega Rally Online Arcade is a Q2 release, if Gamespot is accurate.

Gowans

Kafel said:
I think it will be 1200 points. Your avatar would have been perfect in response to Gowans.
I'm sure I heard somewhere 800 points, but then again I was sure I heard it was coming out earlier.

BigMack said:
I want to say that I bought Avatar Golf during a sale, but I'm not absolutely sure of that.
It was on sale, once. Can't remember if it was DotW or some other promotion.

Whether that's when you bought it, who knows!

Kafel

Banned
Code:
[B]Coming soon to the Xbox LIVE Marketplace[/B]

[B]Xbox LIVE Arcade[/B]  	            Release Date 	Price Microsoft Points

Full House Poker 	                16-Mar 	          800
Ghostbusters 	                        23-Mar 	          800
Swarm 	                                23-Mar 	         1200
Islands of Wakfu 	                30-Mar 	          800
Seisou Kouki Strania 	                30-Mar 	          800
Rush ‘N’ Attack Ex-Patriot 	        30-Mar 	          800

[B]
Deal of the Week[/B]** 	      Discount Dates 	          Price Microsoft Points

Sonic 4: Episode I   	            March 22 - March 27 	     800

[B]Arcade Four-Play[/B] 	  	 

A World of Keflings 	          March 29 - April 3 	    400 (50% off)
Worms 2: Armageddon 	      March 29 - April 3 	200 (50% off)
Worms 2: Battle Pack 	      March 29 - April 3 	400 (50% off)
Raskulls 	            March 29 - April 3 	         400 (50% off)

[B]Games on Demand[/B] 	                            Release Date

Call of Juarez 	                                      22-Mar
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 	            22-Mar
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 	                       29-Mar
Split Second 	                                       29-Mar

[B]Games on Demand[/B] 	                     Price Reduction Date

Halo: Reach   	                                ONE WEEK ONLY – March 15-21
Batman: Arkham Asylum (Square Enix) 	          15-Mar

[B]Avatar Marketplace[/B] 	                 Release Date

Aviation Collection 	                       17-Mar
MLB 2K11 collection 	                       24-Mar
Zombie Pets collection 	                       31-Mar

mn

Worms 2 Battle Pack you'll be mine muahahaHAHAHA.

I guess its price has been mixed up with the complete game's

Kafel

Banned
Warp

ME0001376291_2.jpg

ME0001376292_2.jpg

ME0001376293_2.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Strania looks entirely AWESOME, that and Wakfu both at 800 each... man.

Raskulls on sale... fantastic. I got overloaded with Indie uprising during Christmas, never got to pick it up... but I really liked the game, so will be happy to get it on sale.

Great upcoming weeks for XBLA. Nice deals and new releases!

xbhaskarx

Nelo Ice said:
*patiently waits for ilomilo to go on sale*

You might be waiting for a while. At least I hope you are, ilomilo is a great game so hopefully it's selling well enough that they don't need to put it on sale.

Nelo Ice

Banned
xbhaskarx said:
You might be waiting for a while. At least I hope you are, ilomilo is a great game so hopefully it's selling well enough that they don't need to put it on sale.

dont think it matters if its selling well or not it'll go on sale eventually

also i personally wait for most xbla games to go on sale nowadays since i even though theyre awesome i dont play them often enough to justify paying the launch price

Warp was really cool at PAX. Those shots don't show how nice it looks. The demo took place in an undersea laboratory and you could see whales and such swimming around outside. Can't wait to find out what other abilities the main character has other than warping.

The people behind the wildly popular Doodle Jump—which has seen 10 million paid downloads across the iPhone and Android platforms—are hoping this Doodle Jump thing will catch on elsewhere, namely with the Xbox 360 crowd.

Lima Sky, the "creative force" behind the 99 cent download Doodle Jump, boasted of that 10 million milestone today, while also revealing plans to bring the simply addictive game to Xbox Live Arcade and Microsoft's Kinect controller.

http://kotaku.com/5782371

Adam J.

Doodle Jump Kinect!? That sounds ten shades of awesome.

Really interested to see how they expand the games concept to justify a $10 price.

Microsoft tinkering with the game marketplace again.

New default section is "New Games" a list of the 30 newest releases on XBLA/Games on Demand, no Indies.

Looks like it's largely there to get people to notice games on demand releases.

Kafel

Banned
HadesGigas said:

New default section is "New Games" a list of the 30 newest releases on XBLA/Games on Demand, no Indies.

Well I love Indies but they have nothing to do with the other two. No need to dig your own grave by letting indie shit overflowing a section like this.

jgkspsx said:
Who would buy new Games on Demand? Full price, no resale. Sure, that makes sense...

I would buy so many Games on Demand if they were actually a good deal. Same with those $6 HD movie downloads... lower the goddamned price and I'll rent movies all the time!

jgkspsx

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
I would buy so many Games on Demand if they were actually a good deal. Same with those $6 HD movie downloads... lower the goddamned price and I'll rent movies all the time!
Well, yeah, exactly. Their problem isn't that they're under-visible.

BigMack

The Culture Vulture said:
Shut-ins, the independently wealthy, etc...

Couldn't people who don't leave the house just order from Amazon? Would save so much more money that way too.

I'm definitely in World of Keflings and Raskulls. Came close to buying Raskulls for full price when it came out but I held off knowing it would be on sale eventually. Though I'm surprised it happened this soon.

BigMack

HadesGigas said:

Yep I'm pretty sure that is exactly what it is for. Kinda surprised to see Halo Reach on there already. I was worried when I read your post that they did away with the individual sections for XBLA, GoD, Indies, etc. But I turned on the Xbox just to check it out and see now what you were talking about. But since I can still go to a section just for XBLA games, this doesn't bother me now. Phew! Will be interesting to see if it actually does help increase sales of GoD titles.

Also, looking back at the list of upcoming XBLA games from Major Nelson, I just happened to notice that 5 out of the 6 games are priced at 800 MSP while only one is 1200 MSP. Is this just a coincidence or are MS/developers noticing 1200 games aren't selling as well as 800 point games? Probably just a coincidence. I guess we will see when Summer of Arcade rolls around since every release last year was priced at 1200.

HadesGigas said:
If Microsoft made them available day one and did Steam or Amazon-like pre-purchase deals I'd be all over that.
Think you'll have to wait till the next gen before we start seeing that, on 360 at least.

I'd be interested to see how the day 1 psn mass effect 2 did as that's one of the only examples I can think of on consoles.

randomlyrossy said:
Think you'll have to wait till the next gen before we start seeing that, on 360 at least.

I'd be interested to see how the day 1 psn mass effect 2 did as that's one of the only examples I can think of on consoles.

Speaking at last week’s Morgan Stanley Technology Conference in San Francisco, Riccitiello said that the digital release of Mass Effect 2, which was available as a 12GB download from PlayStation Network on January 18, accounted for a “double-digit percentage” of sales, despite EA doing “absolutely nothing” to market the release.
http://www.next-gen.biz/news/ea-mass-effect-2-psn-experiment-a-success

Here's the upcoming XBLA Release schedule. March. 23rd: ghostbusters: SoS, Swarm. 30th: Rush N attack, Island of wakfu, Moon driver, Seisou kouki. April. 6th: redfaction: battlegrounds, Dishwasher: vampire smile.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
BigMack said:
Yep I'm pretty sure that is exactly what it is for. Kinda surprised to see Halo Reach on there already. I was worried when I read your post that they did away with the individual sections for XBLA, GoD, Indies, etc. But I turned on the Xbox just to check it out and see now what you were talking about. But since I can still go to a section just for XBLA games, this doesn't bother me now. Phew! Will be interesting to see if it actually does help increase sales of GoD titles.

Also, looking back at the list of upcoming XBLA games from Major Nelson, I just happened to notice that 5 out of the 6 games are priced at 800 MSP while only one is 1200 MSP. Is this just a coincidence or are MS/developers noticing 1200 games aren't selling as well as 800 point games? Probably just a coincidence. I guess we will see when Summer of Arcade rolls around since every release last year was priced at 1200.

Probably a coincidence mixed in with the fact that most of the upcoming games are third-party midcard titles as well.

Direct feed FEZ PAX East Demo

Trapdoor today announced it has signed a partnership agreement with independent developer POLYTRON to co-publish FEZ™, POLYTRON’s highly-anticipated downloadable title. The companies will work together to bring FEZ™ to XBLA in 2011.

“We’ve been fans of the game for years now, and wanted to support the project in a meaningful way,” said Trapdoor founder Ken Schachter. “We’re excited to have the opportunity to help bring FEZ™ into the hands of gamers.”

“What year is it? ” asked POLYTRON co-founder and FEZ™ creator Phil Fish when contacted for a comment. ” Who’s the president? IT’S BEEN HOW LONG?!?!?!?”

Late last year Trapdoor announced a publishing deal with EA Partners for Warp™, the company’s first console title. The game premiered alongside FEZ™ at PAX East this March.

Yeesh! Four games on the 30th?
That's gonna be a messy week.

xbhaskarx said:
Unless you're getting that from somewhere else and not Kafel's comment, it's three games.

Well....

Painkiller Q8 said:
Here's the upcoming XBLA Release schedule. March. 23rd: ghostbusters: SoS, Swarm. 30th: Rush N attack, Island of wakfu, Moon driver, Seisou kouki. April. 6th: redfaction: battlegrounds, Dishwasher: vampire smile.

Moon Diver is the only title not confirmed but the PSN version is expected to hit on the 29th so it seems like a natural fit.

Painkiller Q8 said:
I wonder what's coming out on the 13th?

Hmmm...

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
jgkspsx said:
Who would buy new Games on Demand? Full price, no resale. Sure, that makes sense...

i bought batman: aa when i had the flu.... paid way too much but at least i got to stay in bed and play something new

still not a viable business model for ms

Top Bottom