• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: April 10th Doll Presentation [up: video with subtitles]

I remember defending Armored Core V during its prerelease hype over the concern of the absence of a single player campaign. I ate my words upon playing a few hours of it on release day.

I saw a post saying the single player campaign for Xenoblade X is still there and going to be fully playable. I hope they're right, because right now my impression of its single player is approaching ACV levels. Present, but spectacularly lackluster.

I'm pretty sure they already said the online aspects are completely optional. It's being described as a single player RPG with online elements. Until this month's stream they barely even showed any online footage of the game. Aside from a few very quick glimpses, almost all of it was single player footage.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
When that beat drops and you aren't ready for it.... Preordered the soundtrack, let's freaking go.

Bur8WtE.gif

what time in the video are you talking about?

Renewed

what time in the video are you talking about?

CODENAMEZ (the first song) where it's begins building up halfway through.

I really like the melody that Sawano used for this soundtrack's theme. I really wanna hear the rearranged version and the rest of the songs that weren't previewed.

Cosmozone

I'm not really worried about the single player. Seems obvious how it'll turn out. You'll do missions. Some are story based, others side-story based, yet others detached. And sweet exploring in between. NPCs joining on missions are usually related to each other and will flesh out the gaps between main events. Sounds good to me.

TheMoon

You have a fanbase who wants the info anyway, don't know why you wouldn't just make it easier on them.

That fanbase is getting the info anyway. Keeps them busy and engaged by analyzing/translating/speculating until they start the official blowouts.

I remember defending Armored Core V during its prerelease hype over the concern of the absence of a single player campaign. I ate my words upon playing a few hours of it on release day.

I saw a post saying the single player campaign for Xenoblade X is still there and going to be fully playable. I hope they're right, because right now my impression of its single player is approaching ACV levels. Present, but spectacularly lackluster.

Then you're really not paying attention because nothing indicates what you're fearing.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yup, I feel like I've become part of a community simply for hyping this game with other people, the only time I ever feel like that is with smash.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

OmegaDL50

I haven't kept abreast of the game so that was my reaction to this news.

This IS a Tetsuya Takahashi game. I find it difficult to make the assumption there is going to be subpar single player story mode, especially considering the director / scenario writer behind the project.

L~A

Famitsu article this week, with info on the battle system... nothing really new, from the looks of it. Doesn't look like there's anything aboutDolls.s

Renewed

Are we placed in squads or do you choose to form up a squad?

From what I understand, completing a Squad Mission unlocks a Squad Quest that you can do by going to the Network terminal. Here you can put up the quest for people to join or join someone else who is doing it. You can also have your AI partners help you.

TheMoon

From what I understand, completing a Squad Mission unlocks a Squad Quest that you can do by going to the Network terminal. Here you can put up the quest for people to join or join someone else who is doing it. You can also have your AI partners help you.

This.

Yonafunu

I think he means the bigger 32-man Squads. Maybe.

ivysaur12

Banned
So, I'm experimenting a lot, and decided to play as Melia since you all love her. But now I'm without a healer since I replaced Sharla with her and I'm using Shulk/Dunban. Does Melia ever learn any healing arts? Or should I do like a Sharla/Melia/Dunban combo?

TDLink

So, I'm experimenting a lot, and decided to play as Melia since you all love her. But now I'm without a healer since I replaced Sharla with her and I'm using Shulk/Dunban. Does Melia ever learn any healing arts? Or should I do like a Sharla/Melia/Dunban combo?

Probably belongs in the Xenoblade 3D OT but I'll answer here anyways.

Summon Aqua does regen for the entire party as long as the aura is up, and if you use it then you drain HP from an enemy to heal Melia. She also has a spell that can transfer some of her own life to a party member. So if you summon Aqua before building your other buffs it can create a nice constant heal for the party. Shulk still has light heal as well to help supplement the healing. Dunban shouldn't need many heals since he just dodges everything.

In general I wouldn't call Melia a healer, but you can definitely make a Melia/Shulk/Dunban party work.

If you want slightly better heals but want to keep Melia I would also recommend trying Melia/Riki/Dunban. There's never really a reason you ever need to use Sharla. Her heals are very powerful (and it allows you to tackle bosses much higher than you are) but normally you just don't need that much healing in this game.

Renewed

I think he means the bigger 32-man Squads. Maybe.

Assuming that's what he meant:

It shows it starting at "Member List" where you can view Squad Member List, Friend List or Favorite List. The inclusion of favourite list might mean that these 32-player rooms are already prepared accordingly (start at server -> Join room # or something like this). Member List might be the point where you view the room.

Without anything else, I can't be sure. Maybe Gessenkou can discover more during the menu translations, but if not we'll have to wait for the game or more Twitter updates.

Well, they talked about it in the latest tweets. After some point in the game, you're able to pick between solo-oriented squads and multiplayer ones, and can choose to join squads that your friends are in.

Renewed

Well, they talked about it in the latest tweets. After some point in the game, you're able to pick between solo-oriented squads and multiplayer ones, and can choose to join squads that your friends are in.

Ooof, found it. Thanks!

I guess the solo-orientated refers to the BLADE report and loot rolling we've seen? While multi might focus on working towards Squad Quests by doing Squad Missions? *sigh*

It really is a wonder to play a game made as a single player RPG with other people. Makes me a bit overwhelmed to be honest.

Ooof, found it. Thanks!

I guess the solo-orientated refers to the BLADE report and loot rolling we've seen? While multi might focus on working towards Squad Quests by doing Squad Missions? *sigh*

It really is a wonder to play a game made as a single player RPG with other people. Makes me a bit overwhelmed to be honest.

Almost everything we've seen about this game makes me overwhelmed. First I thought it would 'just' be another great RPG... but it's clear it's so much more than that... the sheer depth of content... the Hiroyuki Sawano OST... the Dolls, customizability, multiplayer, the size of the world, even the hints to the story depth are individually very promising, but damn put them all together in the same game and it's almost too much.

Renewed

Almost everything we've seen about this game makes me overwhelmed. First I thought it would 'just' be another great RPG... but it's clear it's so much more than that... the sheer depth of content... the Hiroyuki Sawano OST... the Dolls, customizability, multiplayer, the size of the world, even the hints to the story depth are individually very promising, but damn put them all together in the same game and it's almost too much.

Yeah, I think the last thing that had me this excited was Mass Effect 3. The thought of working together with friends to take on enemies was cool. Plus it contributed to the single player.

But now, we've got something like that except that I can also interact with others WHILE carrying on in a single player setting. Plus with all the other things you mentioned.... once we know when this is coming out, I'm gonna have to stop buying other games around that point. Don't want to feel guilty for spending on games I might never play for a while.

Top Bottom