• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X Direct - Battle on March 6th [up: video with subtitles]

L~A

English subbed version (ver. 1, fansub): YouTube

Edit: over. Replay available on YouTube.

Siliconera got a recap about the arts: link!
Classes / Weapons / Armos: link!
Advanced technioques: link!

Just announced via Twitter:

B_agdl2UYAAfDt-.png:large

This time, it'll focus on battles. Just like the previous one, it's Japan-only (though it's pretty much guaranteed an English version will pop up later this year, when we're closer to the EU/NA release). It will last 29mn.

Link: http://xenobladex.jp/news/specialmovie/
YouTube: here / NicoNico: here (no account needed)

Time:

Europe: 2PM
UK: 1PM
North America (East): 8AM
North America (West): 5AM
Japan: 10PM

t1425646800z0.png

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Great!
just to be clear: it's not a Direct but a "Direct", right?
I still hope for a real Direct for march with Yoshi, Mario Maker and Devil's third...

L~A

Great!
just to be clear: it's not a Direct but a "Direct", right?
I still hope for a real Direct for march with Yoshi, Mario Maker and Devil's third...

They're basically game-focused Nintendo Direct in all but name, actually. I know they're not exactly called Direct, but at least, people know what to expect.

Parfait

Xenoblade's certainly wasent any kind of mess

The AI was garbage, characters were pigeonholed into roles super hard, the only stat that mattered was your level vs the enemy's level unless you ground out hardcore for that gem that gave you accuracy at night, and then if you wanted to fight higher level things you'd have to fight them at night.

FryHole

Is there gonna be an English version of the Direct?

There's not an official English version of the previous one yet, the marketing for the western release hasn't started. I'm sure we'll get an unofficial translation of this like we did last time though, those guys are dedicated as hell.

alvis.exe

Mmmmmm to watch or not to watch. I like the idea of going in relatively blind and figuring out the battle system for myself but damn it's so tempting.

so when is this game actually coming out?

4/29 in Japan.

The AI was garbage, characters were pigeonholed into roles super hard, the only stat that mattered was your level vs the enemy's level unless you ground out hardcore for that gem that gave you accuracy at night, and then if you wanted to fight higher level things you'd have to fight them at night.

I think you meant Agility there. ;) Plus fighting at night in areas like Satorl Marsh and Valak Mountain for almost all of the superbosses should technically be a plus not a minus lol.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

it was one of the few JRPG where I was roaming around for the pleasure of the battle system, but yuo know, matter of tastes. it's pretty obvious that the basic mechanic here will be very similar, don't know if the "issues" you pointed out will be any different.

Will watch this one. They've been good about lack of story details and I want to see how four - person party works. My theory as I've stated before is Tatsu is a permanent 4th battle member.

I wonder if there'll be a third in April as well? Possibly more focus on the story and online features.

Top Bottom