• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoru no Nai Kuni |Import OT| - This is not the Kuni you're looking for.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Couldn't play last evening as I was too tired from work. I hope I'll be okay tonight for a bit of action.

Got to the part in Chapter 1 where I can take requests and do the arena. So what I'm thinking of is that I should do as many of those things I can before speaking with リュリーティス near the cupcake and advancing the story.

Are the requests/arena missions specific to a chapter or can I still find chapter 1 stuff in later ones?

The arena missions I think the list will just fill out more as you continue playing. The requests some are required so those shouldnt vanish as do not think you can progress in the story at times without doing the those specific requests. Other requests seem to be randomized when you get later in the game and constantly go in and out of the hotel.

So with that being said you do want to make sure you clear all requests when you are out fighting. Since Ive had it happen where a standard request got deleted from my list due to not having finished said request before returning to the hotel. Granted it was one I had already done before, so no big deal. Its just that I wanted the specific reward that came with it.

Though you do want to progress in the story enough till you can start spending blood and stats points to obtain new skills and such.

SephLuis

I just played this today and I am really liking the gameplay. Finished the first chapter and, so far, it's really easy. Hope they ramp up the difficulty soon.

And what would be an english name for リュリーティス ? I am thnking of making a video showing the first chapter of the game along with PT-BR subtitles. Just, I have absolutely no idea to which name リュリーティス could be translated to english.

Fhoenix

Played this a little as a break from text heavy Xanadu. I must say, there is something to be said about going in with very low expectations. Vita graphics are bad and the story is... shall we say, unique. But the music is MAGNIFICENT and collecting familiars is fun. There is quite a lot of customization and I find hanging out with demons refreshing after Xanadu's by the book school setting.

The battles so far seem to jump between "nothing can scratch you" and "you are dead in three seconds flat" with nothing much in between. Also I find transformations somewhat disappointing since they look cool and have unique move sets but take too much time to charge and are used up in ten seconds. I thought you'd be able to switch between them freely like you switch between characters in Xanadu. Instead you switch between weapons, but that is five times less cool.

And what would be an english name for リュリーティス ? I am thnking of making a video showing the first chapter of the game along with PT-BR subtitles. Just, I have absolutely no idea to which name リュリーティス could be translated to english.

Well, she is Lyuritis in the wikipedia.

Parakeetman

I just played this today and I am really liking the gameplay. Finished the first chapter and, so far, it's really easy. Hope they ramp up the difficulty soon.

Yeah early on its not too bad enemies will get slowly stronger but its also possible to overlevel depending on how you play causing you to roflstomp the enemies. If tjings in your current area feel too easy push on to the next story section.

you will get better item drops too stats wise the further you progress in the game.

Kysen

Finally finished the game. Only had trouble with Mistral and her poison arena. Seems that poison debuff hurts a lot if you don't use the immunity items.

In the end I gave up on the platinum, I've put in over 30 hours and never even reached 100 requests. Doing boss runs to speed up the days got old fast. So that trade stuff took too long as well.

Final challenge in the colosseum was insane, the boss monster can one shot at any moment with multiple attacks. I beat it with 12 seconds to spare after dying over and over.

Overall a fun game, I wonder if the next Atelier will be good.

Also were there meant to be skills under the day requests tab?(昼間行動) That page remained blank all game for me.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
The battles so far seem to jump between "nothing can scratch you" and "you are dead in three seconds flat" with nothing much in between. Also I find transformations somewhat disappointing since they look cool and have unique move sets but take too much time to charge and are used up in ten seconds. I thought you'd be able to switch between them freely like you switch between characters in Xanadu. Instead you switch between weapons, but that is five times less cool.
If you're referring to the area right before the first boss, I think that's the only area in the game with level-inappropriate enemies (they're level 5-ish while you're 1-2). You should be able to clean them up pretty easily with demon form after you fight the boss.

Finally finished the game. Only had trouble with Mistral and her poison arena. Seems that poison debuff hurts a lot if you don't use the immunity items.

In the end I gave up on the platinum, I've put in over 30 hours and never even reached 100 requests. Doing boss runs to speed up the days got old fast. So that trade stuff took too long as well.

Final challenge in the colosseum was insane, the boss monster can one shot at any moment with multiple attacks. I beat it with 12 seconds to spare after dying over and over.

Overall a fun game, I wonder if the next Atelier will be good.

Also were there meant to be skills under the day requests tab?(昼間行動) That page remained blank all game for me.
You actually only need to spend 3 minutes in a dungeon to pass the time. The 昼間行動 skills unlock as you do certain daytime requests (R on the requests screen). The skills basically just unlock new daytime activities that give you more skill points quicker. I ended up with like 200-300 skill points in each category left over by the end due to how much the unlocked activities give you. But yeah the 300 requests one is supposed to be one of the two grindiest trophies so it's not really worth it.

Fhoenix

If you're referring to the area right before the first boss, I think that's the only area in the game with level-inappropriate enemies (they're level 5-ish while you're 1-2). You should be able to clean them up pretty easily with demon form after you fight the boss.

Yeah, that. It had infinitely re-spawning bomb enemies. I also got caught by some kind of special attack by the third boss. Once he hit me a cut-scene played and I was dead. The point is, you are either at full health or dead, there is nothing much in-between.

I dunno, I might actually try to platinum this. The game grew on me. I mean the plot is actually not that bad once you get over
"got a demon sword from being knocked out by a dragon"
point. It's interesting, virtually every character has unclear motivations and goals, which makes you guessing what they up to. Also every character is confident, competent and has a sense of humor. So yeah. I love it.

I got hundred requests already, mostly by doing things in the first and second chapter where they can be finished very quickly. The most annoying thing is there is no counter so I have no idea how far I am from trophy completion. Games designers, giving you a 10k enemy kill target and not even bothering to count, should go and bang their heads against a wall to simulate what I am feeling when looking at such a trophy.

Also does anybody know if the arena trophy requires to just complete challenges or do them at 3 stars?

Kysen

Game designers, giving you a 10k enemy kill target and not even bothering to count, should go and bang their heads against a wall to simulate what I am feeling when looking at such a trophy.

This so much, a trophy like that was all I needed for the Phantasy Star Nova platinum. I gave up, not knowing how close I was.

Finally got into Chapter 2.
I'm level 4 and my main party is level 5, the rest are level 1 still.

They would not give me more requests to complete after a while so I decided it was time to advance the story.

I'm liking it a lot so far, it's fun to play and the OST is so good.

I kinda want to unlock the Trade merchant so I can finally start on that trophy too.
Right now I can have 2 night activities and 3 day activities at once so I'm getting a lot more rewards at one time.

Parakeetman

Finally got into Chapter 2.
I'm level 4 and my main party is level 5, the rest are level 1 still.

They would not give me more requests to complete after a while so I decided it was time to advance the story.

I'm liking it a lot so far, it's fun to play and the OST is so good.

I kinda want to unlock the Trade merchant so I can finally start on that trophy too.
Right now I can have 2 night activities and 3 day activities at once so I'm getting a lot more rewards at one time.

Yeah most def move on, as you should try to unlock all of the features first before you go into heavy grinding. Dont make the same mistake I did lol.

Also for the love of god whatever you do for your first merchant run, do not send the poor bastard out on the longest duration one. You will seriously regret it trying to get those days to pass D:

Fhoenix

Fun fact, it seems the scenario for this was done by Miwa Shoda who also wrote Arnas's scenario in SaGa Frontier. So blue blood, half youma and yuri main character... yeah. Not an accident.

I've run out of requests once too. They do become infinite later. Trading unlocks somewhere in chapter 2 or 3. Trading is a pretty slow process so I would advance the story and unlock it before doing any further grinds.

Chapter 2 boss drops an item that allows you rewrite first skill of juuma with a skill that adds attack on level up. After getting it I remade my whole party. Too bad you can't relevel Gusko(

And to answer my own question clearing arena challenges with one star is sufficient for the trophy.

I am in chapter 4 now. Massively over-leveled from farming the second boss and doing requests.

SephLuis

Okay, so I finished the game today after having stopped for a while, but I got the bad ending I believe. What are the true ending conditions ?

Also, my understanding of the ending was a little bit iffy so if anyone could confirm or correct the info below, I would appreciate:

- The Pope was the original Saint ?
- It was said that the Saint had deceived the Lord of the Night. How was he deceived ? If I remember correctly they were something like lovers and she deceived him which ended up them going to battle which resulted in the rain of blue blood.
- The previous saints were sacrificed so that woman would continue living ? I figured that since she wanted to become one with Lyuritis. So she wanted to posses her body.
- Didn't understood very well her motivations. Humanity, necessity of wars, etc. Pretty cliched if I got it right.

Fhoenix

Okay, so I finished the game today after having stopped for a while, but I got the bad ending I believe. What are the true ending conditions ?

Also, my understanding of the ending was a little bit iffy so if anyone could confirm or correct the info below, I would appreciate:

- The Pope was the original Saint ?
- It was said that the Saint had deceived the Lord of the Night. How was he deceived ? If I remember correctly they were something like lovers and she deceived him which ended up them going to battle which resulted in the rain of blue blood.
- The previous saints were sacrificed so that woman would continue living ? I figured that since she wanted to become one with Lyuritis. So she wanted to posses her body.
- Didn't understood very well her motivations. Humanity, necessity of wars, etc. Pretty cliched if I got it right.

There five somewhat different endings. Only 3 are available at first and which one you get first time depends on your affection level with Lyuritis (which in turn depends on your answers in the dream world and doing requests for her). 4th ending you get by maxing your level which is only possible after the final boss. After you get the 4th ending you will be able to adjust your affection level through dream world and select what ending you would like to see (including a new 5th one). I only did 3,4,5.

-Yes.
-They were not lovers. She summoned him into the world because she needed a common enemy to unite humanity. But he is just an incarnation of nature, not some evil overlord, he did not care about killing people/destroying the world. So she stabbed him, bathed in his blood and absorbed his power as her own and now uses that power to summon the Night regularly. He remained around as a vestige with little power after that. He was fascinated with her motivations, because as Night incarnate he did not really have any. She enjoyed his company probably because she was lonely/there was nobody to understand her/everybody else would die eventually.
-She does not need Lyuritis's body. Just her human feelings (soul I guess). Blue blood is eating her as it does everybody else and she is slowly losing her humanity/her original purpose to save people. All the sacrifices have a strong will to save humanity even at the cost of their lives. She absorbs that feeling to maintain her original purpose.
-Her motivation is to save humans from themselves. The presence of the Night/Youma stops large-scale wars. The world they live in is a pretty crappy one and several people in the game express opinion that ending it with the coming of the Night would not be such a bad thing. Without the threat of the Night humans would wipe themselves with inter species conflict.
-Well. Nothing is new under the moon. Personally I found it very far from the common norm. I mean at least it's not Japanese school children fighting monsters (points fingers at Xanadu) so that's something already. But I mostly loved the game for the characters and the atmosphere. It lets you drink tea in a hotel while night slowly falls upon the world, wasting time away by talking with cats and demons. Love story aside it's part Umineko/part Megaten in atmosphere and scratches that itch that I want to be scratched, and that most games ignore. No offense, but if you did not read with enough attention to understand the story maybe you should not judge it. The devils is in the details.

SephLuis

-Well. Nothing is new under the moon. Personally I found it very far from the common norm. I mean at least it's not Japanese school children fighting monsters (points fingers at Xanadu) so that's something already. But I mostly loved the game for the characters and the atmosphere. It lets you drink tea in a hotel while night slowly falls upon the world, wasting time away by talking with cats and demons. Love story aside it's part Umineko/part Megaten in atmosphere and scratches that itch that I want to be scratched, and that most games ignore. No offense, but if you did not read with enough attention to understand the story maybe you should not judge it. The devils is in the details.

Not really judging the game, not sure if my previous post gave this impression, since those were simply doubts I had. If it isn't clear, I really liked this game.

I had to stop playing for a month or so, then only returned yesterday to make the ending. When I was playing, I had a family member here which didn't let me to properly sit down and read what was happening.

The only complaint I would have is the saint's motivation. I kinda expected more than the humans are stupid thing, even if it makes sense. Outside of that, I am really satisfied with the game and hope people will buy it once it's localized.

Fhoenix

Oh, okay, glad that you liked it. I hope more people will buy it too so that Gust have the money to do something besides re-releasing the same Atelier game every year.

Actually I am not a fan of "humans are stupid, the only way to prevent destruction is create an outside enemy" too. But I can accept it, because it's another world and it's repeatedly stated that it's a crappy one, so it fits the mood of the game.
I greatly enjoyed that the whole game is setting you up to fight the Ruler of the Night and then... you don't. Not even as a post game boss. The Big Bad is just not there to fight you. And the cat is so smug. That is sooo trolling to the player and I wish more games did that.

SephLuis

Oh, okay, glad that you liked it. I hope more people will buy it too so that Gust have the money to do something besides re-releasing the same Atelier game every year.

Actually I am not a fan of "humans are stupid, the only way to prevent destruction is create an outside enemy" too. But I can accept it, because it's another world and it's repeatedly stated that it's a crappy one, so it fits the mood of the game.
I greatly enjoyed that the whole game is setting you up to fight the Ruler of the Night and then... you don't. Not even as a post game boss. The Big Bad is just not there to fight you. And the cat is so smug. That is sooo trolling to the player and I wish more games did that.

I really liked the Ruler of the Night as a character. Every time he showed up had impact and you can tell from the beginning he isn't your regular bad guy. Also, his VA is amazing. Such a weight behind the voice that it actually gives impact to the character. You know you're speaking with someone powerful.

May16

So ah, how do I control what form Arnath (Arnas?) transforms into. I have several forms available, but can only change into demon form. What affects this?
Edit: Ah, it's the monster lineup. Got it!

Parakeetman

So ah, how do I control what form Arnath (Arnas?) transforms into. I have several forms available, but can only change into demon form. What affects this?
Edit: Ah, it's the monster lineup. Got it!

Yeah the monster lineup. Switching those around will change what you can transform into.

Top Bottom