• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoru no Nai Kuni |Import OT| - This is not the Kuni you're looking for.

Nice OT.

I'm waiting for HMV to ship my order. Should have gone with AmiAmi. They're usually faster than HMV in my experience.

That looks huge D:
I just remembered that I went for the premium box too. I'm a sucker for artbooks and OSTs. Hopefully, EMS shipping will still be sub 2k yen.

As for undertones. The seiyuu asked if Gust viewed this as a yuri game. Producer (?) said that it's up for interpretation. I'll take it as having enough (over?)undertones for one to treat it as such. And so I shall.

Edit:

PSN Asia will have the digital JP version up on the 1st of Oct.

I presume these are PS4/PS3/PSV prices.

I really can't remember the last Gust game without any yuri overtones, except maybe the Atelier otome game version? But I never played that so as far as I can tell that one's full of yuri.

Anko

I really can't remember the last Gust game without any yuri overtones, except maybe the Atelier otome game version? But I never played that so as far as I can tell that one's full of yuri.

True, but this one is centered around their relationship, plot wise. Everything about it screams yuri potential.

SephLuis

Could be, Koei Tecmo always had weird management of the series ever since the surprise release of Atelier Totori Plus a couple of years ago. But they're still bringing them over so I'm happy. Also waiting for Escha&Logy Plus but that can wait as well.

I am still waiting on Escha & Logy Plus and find it odd they haven't talked about a localization yet. I am quite sure Sophie will come, no reason not to.

D: The usual window is 1000-1200 So hopefully soon.

------
Put the vita ver next to it for size comparison with the Premium Box.

I better pray this don't get taxed D=
The box is beautiful, but sure is big.

Id say even if it came just with the OST for the soundtrack samples that we have heard so far would most def be worth it as Gust always does a pretty good job with music. Esp this title in particular which is why splurged on the Premium Box lol. The rest of the shit I could care less if it went missing or not ( ̄▽ ̄)

The reason I mentioned a poster is because all the posters I have in my room are from random games. I never had much on the walls of my room so when I ever I happened across random posters from games I bought I would just put them up for the hell of it, more interesting to look at then empty space I suppose.

If they only had an OST and fancy box I would definitely consider it since I really like what I've heard so far from the trailers and offical website tracks.

crinale

Very nice OT and nice title too hehe :D
My copy should arrive today so perhaps I should go home early today, before the typhoon devastated Taiwan a few days ago makes a U-turn and hits here.

True, but this one is centered around their relationship, plot wise. Everything about it screams yuri potential.

I'm not really sure what counts as over vs under tones anymore in JRPG romances. When was the last time there was a clear, unambiguous romance in a JRPG? I've found in general they handle romance in such a weird prudish stand-off way. I'm not asking for sex scenes like in most WRPGs but like the last JRPG I remember where people actually kissed was like FFX. We've had generations of SMT games, persona games, Xeno-blahs, GUST games, Tales games, Atelier games, Fire Emblems... no kissing. Most of the games don't even bother making the obviously official couple OFFICIALLY a couple. I don't know why this of all things is a trend.

I'm not really sure what counts as over vs under tones anymore in JRPG romances. When was the last time there was a clear, unambiguous romance in a JRPG? I've found in general they handle romance in such a weird prudish stand-off way. I'm not asking for sex scenes like in most WRPGs but like the last JRPG I remember where people actually kissed was like FFX. We've had generations of SMT games, persona games, Xeno-blahs, GUST games, Tales games, Atelier games, Fire Emblems... no kissing. Most of the games don't even bother making the obviously official couple OFFICIALLY a couple. I don't know why this of all things is a trend.

I would like to see more overt romances as opposed to ones that spend a lot of time on the awkward interaction stage. It's just the way things are currently I think.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
My copy should arrive today so perhaps I should go home early today, before the typhoon devastated Taiwan a few days ago makes a U-turn and hits here.

Thanks!

The reason I mentioned a poster is because all the posters I have in my room are from random games. I never had much on the walls of my room so when I ever I happened across random posters from games I bought I would just put them up for the hell of it, more interesting to look at then empty space I suppose.

If they only had an OST and fancy box I would definitely consider it since I really like what I've heard so far from the trailers and offical website tracks.

Most of the time too with the "posters" games offer its like a tiny ass thing. When I think poster I think like the standard promotional / movie size kind lol.

Its why I much prefer things like OSTs for the most part. Generally the rest of the stuff with a lot of LEs these days in Japan is not all that useful or cool. D: Which is totally opposite of the old days.

Am glad like Gust and Idea Factory seem to be good with putting OSTs with their LEs on occasion. Its why had picked up the latest Neputina LE just for the music.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Excellent OP, Parakeetman.

I'm looking forward to getting this game next year in the English release so it's good to have all this info in front of me + see what people thing. Seems to be positive responses all round.

Also that OST is amazing as always!

Oh and I think rotk is just asian English release so far. No Western release confirmed just yet but wouldn't be surprised to hear it coming over as well

Did you see the video of the guy sliding down the sidewalk haha?

Parakeetman

Nice OT.

I'm waiting for HMV to ship my order. Should have gone with AmiAmi. They're usually faster than HMV in my experience.

That looks huge D:
I just remembered that I went for the premium box too. I'm a sucker for artbooks and OSTs. Hopefully, EMS shipping will still be sub 2k yen.

As for undertones. The seiyuu asked if Gust viewed this as a yuri game. Producer (?) said that it's up for interpretation. I'll take it as having enough (over?)undertones for one to treat it as such. And so I shall.

Edit:

PSN Asia will have the digital JP version up on the 1st of Oct.

I presume these are PS4/PS3/PSV prices.

Thanks! Yeah this thing is pretty stupid big. Not sure if its as large as that idiotic one for the PS3 Kagero game though. Which is somewhere in the apartment taking up a stupid amount of space. Companies need to stop shit like that since all it does is take up space and cant fit it in normal locations due to its odd size. Even more so if the contents vs box size do not match. (゚皿゚メ) Actually yeah I think this thing is the same size as the Kagero box. Ok yeah no its not the same size. Kagero is still larger width wise. Good lord what the fuck were they thinking.

Excellent OP, Parakeetman.

I'm looking forward to getting this game next year in the English release so it's good to have all this info in front of me + see what people thing. Seems to be positive responses all round.

Also that OST is amazing as always!

Oh and I think rotk is just asian English release so far. No Western release confirmed just yet but wouldn't be surprised to hear it coming over as well

Thanks! Also yeah much appreciate about the confirmation in regards to the English localization of the next ROTK.

! Pics!

I can't wait to see what the tapestry from Gust looks like

Its NSFW so just use google to find it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Looking forward to impressions, if it's good, I might grab it after I'm done with Xanadu/Transformers/Witcher 3 DLC.

Trailers look okay, but I never got into any of the Gust games. Since I like action RPGs, maybe this one would be different.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
mine will hopefully be shipping soon. haven't been paying too much attention to the prerelease media for this, but the music and art is fantastic so I ordered the premium box on blind faith in gust.

i sure do hope it's good!

ranmafan

Looking forward to playing this tonight. Got the gust store special edition which comes with even more items than the regular special edition. Will be fun for sure. I just hope I can get enough time to play it this weekend. Other things are keeping me busy but I'm going to try and squeeze in as much time as I can.

kiryogi

Banned
Looking forward to playing this tonight. Got the gust store special edition which comes with even more items than the regular special edition. Will be fun for sure. I just hope I can get enough time to play it this weekend. Other things are keeping me busy but I'm going to try and squeeze in as much time as I can.

Did you get the collectors or the gust collaboration? :O post pics if safe.

ranmafan

Did you get the collectors or the gust collaboration? :O post pics if safe.

I got the super big gust collaboration one. I haven't seen the contents yet since I'm not at home yet, but if the pics are safe I'll post. But I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't!

kiryogi

Banned
I got the super big gust collaboration one. I haven't seen the contents yet since I'm not at home yet, but if the pics are safe I'll post. But I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't!

MM yeah I think the Gust collab had the Bag and Towel and I thought it was kinda unnecessary so I went for the Gust Collectors, which is just an additional tapestry

ranmafan

MM yeah I think the Gust collab had the Bag and Towel and I thought it was kinda unnecessary so I went for the Gust Collectors, which is just an additional tapestry

Yeah I was debating if I should or shouldn't get the full collab version, but I decided to do it cause I really liked what I was seeing of the game and it's art, and wanted to get the biggest special edition. Plus it's probably going to be my last big special edition for a long while so I went ahead and got it. Hopefully the bag is nice and all.

Parakeetman

Game is real nice on the PS4 and as expected great music. Highly appreciated how it does not take too long to get right into the action. Think Ill have a good time with this title, esp all the summons and leveling them and whatnots.

Combat is fairly straight forward too. Look forward to getting newer weapons as I progress. Level designs are nice also.

Though since I was so used to jumping in Tokyo Xanadu it feels weird not to have jumping yet in this title. If there is any, but does not seem like it for the time being.

Gonna be hard bouncing back between this, Tokyo Xanadu and Utawarerumono D: Also Arslan Senki, but that game Id imagine I can blow through it pretty fast just because its a musou title.

artsi

Just bought the game, not a big download size so getting to play soon. It's my first Gust game, hoping it will be worth it, at least I dig the art style and music.

ranmafan

Well got my copy just now. As promised here is a pic of the gust store extras I got.

cIxZQmO.jpg

The paper files are really nice as well as everything else.

Now just to make time to play tonight.

Parakeetman

Well got my copy just now. As promised here is a pic of the gust store extras I got.

The paper files are really nice as well as everything else.

Now just to make time to play tonight.

Bag is the perfect size to hold that massive Premium Edition lol. That design is cool though.

NesFe

Nice OT as usual !

I can't even play all these games ! Still haven't finished utawarerumono yet I already got Xanadu and this to play.
My body is ready though ^^

6jzjFD9.jpg

Parakeetman

Nice OT as usual !

I can't even play all these games ! Still haven't finished utawarerumono yet I already got Xanadu and this to play.
My body is ready though ^^

6jzjFD9.jpg

Thanks!

lol I see you are downloading Gust-chan also. Shes actually pretty useful starting out. Going to see if its possible to level her to 99.

Was watching someone stream this earlier, game looks fantastic. While he plays he reads the Japanese and gives us an idea of what they're saying too. Really impressed with the beginning of the game, think it's a must-buy for me now.

Am curious about what kind of LE you folks will get out there. Since this is one game that most def deserves to have an OST with it..

Yes! The music I've heard so far in the game is fucking fantastic.

I hope the impressions will be good. Already said in the other topic but I'll have to wait for about 2 weeks before it arrives here and I can start playing.

I kinda want to know also if Gust is an early overpowered preorder content or if it's ultimately just a skin. My copy should have her in the box as a first print bonus.

Parakeetman

Will seriously have to learn how the minions skills work and such, since it does seem to play a big role in success with combat and such. The large enemy types in particular.

Also found an area that had something I most def should not have fought yet lol. Knew that the encounter was going to end poorly but wanted to attempt it anyways. At least the game warns you as Arnas will say stuff about how she feels uneasy about X area you are in.

I hope the impressions will be good. Already said in the other topic but I'll have to wait for about 2 weeks before it arrives here and I can start playing.

I kinda want to know also if Gust is an early overpowered preorder content or if it's ultimately just a skin. My copy should have her in the box as a first print bonus.

Hard to tell considering I dont have a large number of summons so she might very well be just a model replacement.

Shes a ranged character and at the start you dont have access to any. The clockwork doll teleports but does melee attacks.

ranmafan

Only about thirty minutes into the game and so far it's been great. It really looks wonderful on the ps4 and just like everyone else has said fantastic soundtrack. Very glad I got the special edition now since it has it included.

One funny thing, I ended up getting one trophy related to directing your summons super early cause it was super easy to just rotate the pad to keep giving them directions. Before I knew it I had done it like 1000 times in about 1 minute! Don't think i was meant to get that trophy until later on but it was funny!

Parakeetman

Only about thirty minutes into the game and so far it's been great. It really looks wonderful on the ps4 and just like everyone else has said fantastic soundtrack. Very glad I got the special edition now since it has it included.

One funny thing, I ended up getting one trophy related to directing your summons super early cause it was super easy to just rotate the pad to keep giving them directions. Before I knew it I had done it like 1000 times in about 1 minute! Don't think i was meant to get that trophy until later on but it was funny!

lol ill have to give that a try.

One of the games I'll definitely have to check out once I get a PS4.
It's been on my radar ever since it was announced.

NesFe

Played till the first save point(the hotel) on vita. It's definitely not as good looking as other vita titles, but I don't mind. I liked what I played. The game runs well so far with multiple enemies/summons on screen.

Took a pic with Gust-chan (obviously it looks better on vita than in screenshot)
OcT2PJl.jpg

Kysen

Game framerate is unlocked on PS4 but damn does it run smooth in combat. Completed the first chapter and loving it. Monster abilities on top of transformations plus a great OST = complete package imo.

Gonna put my Xanadu playthrough on hold for now.

kuroshiki

Played till the first save point(the hotel) on vita. It's definitely not as good looking as other vita titles, but I don't mind. I liked what I played. The game runs well so far with multiple enemies/summons on screen.

Took a pic with Gust-chan (obviously it looks better on vita than in screenshot)
OcT2PJl.jpg

damn they did everything they can to make a stable framerate game.

Looking forward to playing this next year. I'll keep a close eye on you guys' opinions on it. Is it true that the game is that short? 10-12? I was kinda expecting a bit more, but then again how many times have I not beaten a game because it was too long lol

OcT2PJl.jpg

From what I've seen from the game the camera seems to be really zoomed out when you are in combat, is this a problem playing on the vita?

NesFe

From what I've seen from the game the camera seems to be really zoomed out when you are in combat, is this a problem playing on the vita?

Not really, You can use the right analog stick to zoom the camera in/out. I didn't have any issuses zooming all the way out. It's really a mechanic to see all the enemies on screen I guess, but I had no problem playing zoomed in.

Parakeetman

Looking forward to playing this next year. I'll keep a close eye on you guys' opinions on it. Is it true that the game is that short? 10-12? I was kinda expecting a bit more, but then again how many times have I not beaten a game because it was too long lol

Most of the time when you have jackasses who say games like this are short are the type of doinks who are skipping everything instead of actually listening to the dialog. In a mad rush to go brag about it and whine on the internet in terms of game length. Shit literally just came out today, so taking the word of the small minority of those who has a soul purpose of trying to beat a game quickly in order for bragging rights are the last folks you should actually listen to.

artsi

I've played for a few hours and I'm really liking the game. Looks good and it's pretty stable 60fps, some dips when there's a ton of enemies on the screen but nothing major.

Music is also great!

Parakeetman

I've played for a few hours and I'm really liking the game. Looks good and it's pretty stable 60fps, some dips when there's a ton of enemies on the screen but nothing major.

Music is also great!

Game also doesnt like it when you go stand near those transparent barrier locations due to the effect used with it. Depending on the camera angle / distance it can cause performance issues. But then again there really should be no reason why you are so close to those in the first place so its a non issue.

Same goes with objects popping in and out on occasion.

Side effect of having a multiplat title.

Most of the time when you have jackasses who say games like this are short are the type of doinks who are skipping everything instead of actually listening to the dialog. In a mad rush to go brag about it and whine on the internet in terms of game length. Shit literally just came out today, so taking the word of the small minority of those who has a soul purpose of trying to beat a game quickly in order for bragging rights are the last folks you should actually listen to.
Well when I hear stuff like that at launch I assume it comes from the mouth of reviewers, not really braggers so to speak. But it really has been a minority, so for all I know it could have just been a bunch of lies lol. I'll just wait it out and hear from you folks since I can actually trust you. I can't really imagine Gust putting out a game that isn't story driven or cutscene heavy enough to make it past the 10hr line, but we'll see.

Parakeetman

Well when I hear stuff like that at launch I assume it comes from the mouth of reviewers, not really braggers so to speak. But it really has been a minority, so for all I know it could have just been a bunch of lies lol. I'll just wait it out and hear from you folks since I can actually trust you. I can't really imagine Gust putting out a game that isn't story driven or cutscene heavy enough to make it past the 10hr line, but we'll see.

The only reviewers here are basically famitsu or dengeki. The one person that I do know is a bit "inhuman" when it comes to clearing games, so they wouldnt count as what the average consumer does.

Its like people playing a Visual Novel then saying the play time is short, but they obviously were skipping the dialog and just speed reading in order to cut down on play time.

This game also if one is into the whole leveling thing among other features am sure there will be more than enough playtime with said title.

Its like MGSV, you could go blazing through it if you wanted getting a low play time or you can play how you want and wind up spending over 100 hours and even before clearing the first half of the game.

Top Bottom