• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.

Sethos

Banned
Random screenshot time;

888608086.png

284887494.png

elseanio

I love the look of this, but my lighting reflections seem to be off. In certain angles, I get this effect from most lights. It's really distracting when driving fast down a road, as it just flicks on for a moment.

baSOf.jpg

I've still had no luck getting my menu text to work correctly. I have to press enter to start the game even with ForceAntialiasing=false

Wortany

Despera said:
I've got a Core2Quad @ 3 GHZ
An ATI Radeon HD 4870 [1GB GDDR5]
4 gigs of ram [DDR2]

Will I be able to run the game+mod at say, 5 to 10 FPS?
Probably even 20fps depending how high you set your resolution.
Altough I'm starting to think reading through this thread that all ATI cards have terrible support in GTA4

iNvid02

subversus said:
HOW DID YOU FIX THIS???

I have the exact same problem you had, but I can't fix it.

my problem was that if i ever switched windows away from the game, coming back to it would disable the mod, all i had to do was play the game without alt-tabbing out.

just restart the game, dont change windows, and it should work. also try shift+f12 to see if the mod switches on and off

RS4-

No joy for me with ultimate vehicles pack v5 on 1.0.4.0

fresh install - patch - install vehicle pack - start game; then it takes a minute or so to get to the "beginning new game" or whatever on the bottom right then crashes. Without the vehicle pack it only takes me 10 secs to load.

I guess I'll have to do cars one by one or something

edit - ok I think it I got it working by not including xlive_d.dll in the main directory, also removed the -norestrictions -nomemrestrict in the command line. Will save game, then add the two command lines again and see if it works, if it does, then it's the xlive_d file which was part of xliveless or something

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
iNvidious01 said:
my problem was that if i ever switched windows away from the game, coming back to it would disable the mod, all i had to do was play the game without alt-tabbing out.

just restart the game, dont change windows, and it should work. also try shift+f12 to see if the mod switches on and off

I think my problem is that I try to use it on Episodes.

OmniGamer

Darklord said:
With that card, poorly. Probably would run like shit. In fact it's seriously bottlenecking the rest of that PC.

Heh, I figured :)...at the time i was trying to focus the budget on the CPU and especially the RAM, since i've always had perpetually RAM starved PCs, and i was doing a lot of video editing/processing/converting...so I cheaped out on the GPU

SOLDIER

Can anyone tell me how the game plus this mod would run with my PC settings?

System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F5, 7/16/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.22 GB
Total Virtual Memory 8.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.67 GB
Adapter Description ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

Primary Adapter
Graphics Card Manufacturer Powered by ATI
Graphics Chipset ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Device ID 68B8
Vendor 1002

Subsystem ID 2990
Subsystem Vendor ID 1682

Graphics Bus Capability PCI Express 2.0
Maximum Bus Setting PCI Express 2.0 x16

BIOS Version 012.013.000.000
BIOS Part Number 113-HD577AZNF91-113-C01301-007
BIOS Date 2009/12/04

Memory Size 1024 MB
Memory Type GDDR5

Core Clock in MHz 850 MHz
Memory Clock in MHz 1200 MHz
Total Memory Bandwidth in GByte/s 76.8 GByte/s

-viper-

Banned
everytime i try installing it doesn't work. game keeps on crashing. game works without the mods. with the mods? nope

SOLDIER said:
Can anyone tell me how the game plus this mod would run with my PC settings?

Not very well I'm afraid. The game heavily benefits from multicore processing (bad news for your dual core) and your GPU at best is a 5770 which is a bit on the low side.

Spat_triate

-viper- said:
everytime i try installing it doesn't work. game keeps on crashing. game works without the mods. with the mods? nope

If you're trying to use script mods you may have the wrong version of scripthook.

Everyone with 1.0.4.0 you cannot use the newest version of Scripthook, you need to use this instead: http://www.mediafire.com/?m70c1rxnml3etz0 (Scripthook 0.40).

If you have the steam copy use this version: http://www.mediafire.com/?9oqa4g0nk9dcaay (Scripthook 0.52)

Steam users, do not replace your timecyc files with IcenHancer, it will crash every time.

Here are some Enb settings that work with the steam copy: http://www.mediafire.com/?at8yf03s0srcwi1

Sethos said:

It's probably caused by xliveless. People have been reporting issues with it interfering with Euphoria.

Sethos

Banned
TrounceX said:
oh shit and I bought the Rockstar pack today too.

What could possibly be so different with the Steam version that this mod doesn't work? There's got to be something I can do this is the PC damnit there's always a way!

Rockstar changes the shaders with every patch release and ruining the work by Boris ( He made ENB ) and made him give up. So currently, people are just tweaking and fiddling with the current 1.0.4.0 shaders.

Sophia

Question for those with GTAIV. How well would my PC play it?

AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0 GHz
4 GB of RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5670
Windows Vista 32-bit

It's on sale on Steam now, I'd like to consider buying it for when this mod eventually works with the Steam version, but I've heard the PC version of GTAIV is pretty intensive on PC. I don't mind having to drop to 1280x720 to play it, if it would mean a stable framerate.

ruxtpin

Banned
I want the monies to build a new PC for this. damn.

I was part of the gaf-minority that thoroughly enjoyed GTA4 on my PS3 and 360 and would love to return to Liberty City with the place looking like it does in these pics.

Kyaw

Marrshu said:
Question for those with GTAIV. How well would my PC play it?

AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0 GHz
4 GB of RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5670
Windows Vista 32-bit

It's on sale on Steam now, I'd like to consider buying it for when this mod eventually works with the Steam version, but I've heard the PC version of GTAIV is pretty intensive on PC. I don't mind having to drop to 1280x720 to play it, if it would mean a stable framerate.

Not very well man. The game needs a tri-core or above with a pretty competent GPU.

Also i think i'm going to bite the bullet and buy the Steam version.

Van Buren

flipswitch said:
How do I get SSAA running again?

Force antialiasing in the iceconfig.ini and disable FXAA. The upside to doing this is that you literally get bullshots in motion with incredible image quality, far beyond what ships with the default icenhancer config. The downside, though, is that your performance is going to tank to a fraction of what it was.

For reference, disabling SLI and running it on a single 580 nets around 60 fps with peaks of 75+ fps and dips to 45 using FXAA. With supersampling, I'm looking at 30 with dips depending upon the time of the day and the weather.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So does GTA4 on Steam allow these mods yet or not? It's on the steam sale today.

edit: okay it looks like it doesn't. Nevermind.

Enco

This just shows how important lighting is to realism.

Sure, textures are important too but with good lighting you get good realism.

Some of the screenshots in here look far too sharp and washed out though. Night is the best.

Le-mo

I'm thinking of getting the complete edition on Steam and wait for this mod to become compatible. Just one last question before I pull the trigger how well will my computer handle it? This is my setup.

AMD Athlon II X4 640 Processor 3.01GHz
4.00GB of Ram
Windows 7 x86
HD Radeon 6850

Sethos

Banned
-viper- said:
finally got the game working. why do the shadows look awful?

Have to turn them up to Very High to stop them from flickering and make them somewhat decent, takes a pretty performance hit though.

RedSwirl

Since everyone else is asking about specs I guess I'll go ahead for when 1.2.5 comes out:

How do you think it will run on:
Intel Q6600 2.4GHz
AMD HD6850 1GB
3GB RAM
Windows Vista 32bit
1440x900 Monitor

iNvid02

anybody got a working gamesave for this, ones i've found dont work for it.
i'll try some air shots and explosions next

night shots

water shots

121ubvl.png

121212el28.png

1212aa8c.png

Lettuce

Sethos said:
Rockstar changes the shaders with every patch release and ruining the work by Boris ( He made ENB ) and made him give up. So currently, people are just tweaking and fiddling with the current 1.0.4.0 shaders.

Well i dont think RS would bother releasing another patch now after all this time. So maybe Boris might release a final ENB for version 1.7

Red

Does this work with the gamersgate version? I'm about to try but don't want to waste my time DLing if it's for nothing.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Interesting that you play with medium setting sethos, I just set everything to very high and let it go. I might give yours a shot tonight and see what sort of FPS i get on my 6970.

It should be noted that if you changed aa or af to true in the ice config it totally fucks things up. For some reason it sets things to 3200x2000 resolution, way too big for my monitor, rather hilarious.

I have turned off bloom and skylighting which does make it look a little better, I also modified the light intensity from the cars since it was way over the top.

I really need to get the texture packs and real cars then i can start to mess around with lights a little more. Hopefully i can get something good going.

Top Bottom